What's Going On With Britney and Her 10th Studio Album?

OCBoy1985

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems likely that we may get at lease a new single this year, and as long as it’s totally BOMB AF, I’ll be happy with that. Hopefully there is a new album in the works for her 20th anniversary. Or maybe a new greatest hits for the end of 18, and then release her 10th album immediately after her Super Bowl performance with the announcement of her Brand New Vegas Residency Britney: ...Baby One Last Time. Something like this will probably happen. January 2019 is gonna be a big time for her, with the 20 year anniversary so they better take extreme advantage of it and go hard with some decent promo. Next year is the best time for her to do the SB, cuz everyone is going to be saying “OMG 20 years of Britney, how iconic”. I think that’s why they’re having her tour this summer, to warm up everyone for a bigger performance. Could be true. Could be bullshit, who knows.  But, regardless it seems like something is coming soon. I won’t be surprised if they had a new song up for the tour. She has to perform something new, or otherwise what’s the point. Not expecting a totally new show, but she has to give the fans something that we haven’t already seen in literally 2,000 POM insta videos. 

4 hours ago, pablitonizer said:

yes, she resigned in 2014 for 4 more albums, Glory was one of them :rlynow:

No matter what we think of RCA regarding Britney, it's still one of the biggest & most important record labels out there.... :pleaseshhh:

Which albums have been on what contracts? Wasn't her very first one for 5? I don't know all the deals.

1 hour ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

Which albums have been on what contracts? Wasn't her very first one for 5? I don't know all the deals.

When Britney first signed with Jive Records they contracted her with a developmental deal. Obviously she became a huge hit and they upped her number or albums for her contract. Supposedly BJ ended that new contract with Jive Records, and then she re-contracted with RCA for another 4 more studio albums. So if Glory was the first of that 4 then there should be 3 left equaling out to a total of 12 albums. 12 Britney Spears albums would be iconic. But didn’t she say in that interview back in 2016 that she had like 9 albums left in her? Who knows what’s really going on. But she probably has at least a few left with RCA. 

On 3/6/2018 at 10:42 PM, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

When Britney first signed with Jive Records they contracted her with a developmental deal. Obviously she became a huge hit and they upped her number or albums for her contract. Supposedly BJ ended that new contract with Jive Records, and then she re-contracted with RCA for another 4 more studio albums. So if Glory was the first of that 4 then there should be 3 left equaling out to a total of 12 albums. 12 Britney Spears albums would be iconic. But didn’t she say in that interview back in 2016 that she had like 9 albums left in her? Who knows what’s really going on. But she probably has at least a few left with RCA. 

so the first contract had 8 albums? what about B In The Mixes and the greatest hits and all? i heard before that her first contract had 5 albums: BOMT, OIDIA, Britney, ITZ, GH:MP

Archived