has anyone run phonicmind over the discography yet

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, mental mystic said:

It's a program that "removes vocals" from songs to make karaoke versions. You have to pay for it though and it doesn't actually remove the vocal track so it doesn't always work perfectly. You can do the same thing for free with audacity :lowkeyno:

bull effin s--t you can do the same thing in audacity

this thing uses precision frequency extraction not a effin flimsy *** wide-band method. it removes vocals entirely, whereas every audacity method can't even remove the backing vocals 50 percent of the time. i have done similar sourceforge extractions and they take about 20 hours. this thing does it in 5 minutes.

the reason why the vocal track is not clean is because if any instrument has frequency overlap with the vocals it's getting removed as well. you literally can't isolate a full song better than this because the full song is mixed and thus will have multiple tracks occupying the same frequency band

literally if you can use audacity to strip vocals entirely from a song and still have drums and bass 95 percent intact i will personally give you 500 bucks. phonicmind is the GOAT filtering method and you will see when i up the oops non-singles on March 18, barring nobody else does it before me

2 hours ago, where the ballers at? said:

bull effin s--t you can do the same thing in audacity

this thing uses precision frequency extraction not a effin flimsy *** wide-band method. it removes vocals entirely, whereas every audacity method can't even remove the backing vocals 50 percent of the time. i have done similar sourceforge extractions and they take about 20 hours. this thing does it in 5 minutes.

the reason why the vocal track is not clean is because if any instrument has frequency overlap with the vocals it's getting removed as well. you literally can't isolate a full song better than this because the full song is mixed and thus will have multiple tracks occupying the same frequency band

literally if you can use audacity to strip vocals entirely from a song and still have drums and bass 95 percent intact i will personally give you 500 bucks. phonicmind is the GOAT filtering method and you will see when i up the oops non-singles on March 18, barring nobody else does it before me

All I was saying is it doesn't always work perfectly and there is software out there you can use to get a similar result for free. Feel free to use it if you're choosing to, but I tried out a preview last night and it doesn't sound any different from what I can do on audacity.

Archived