Imagine the controversy if Slave was released today

Urbanney

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, brit4u1998 said:

I don't like Trump.....at all, but the extreme SJWs are the reason why Trump won with some people. I don't care if someone is a Republican, but pick someone besides Trump, eh?

I get that we progress as a society, but when you take everything at face value and don't read into context, of course you're going to get offended by everything.

That being said, I think everyone has said something problematic, and we grow. Even I had to stop saying some things that were/are offensive, even if it was out of youth and/or being drunk, I still had to apologize.

The world Post-2010 is a more socially conscious world.

agreed. its like you can't say one wrong thing these day unless people characterize you as horrible person, even if you apologize. No one is perfect. I think the SJWs are the most annoying people on the internet. Its like they live in their parents basements and wake up in the morning and say "what can I be offended by today?"

5 hours ago, I Think I'm Ready Now said:

Where ? They never say they need men to protect them from harassment :selena:

They say men should learn how to behave, which is true

If the good looking man is being disrespectful, trust me most women wont be happy with that.

Mte

That user is saying bullshit

10 hours ago, Dark.Knight said:

ironically in Africa black races had black race slaves as well but people forget that

giphy.gif

modern feminism has nothing to do with equal rights, they wanna feel superior than the male species but also with the benefits of having a stronger male around

ex. emasculating men with their senseless stuff but still get mad if they don't open the door for them

feminism is about women being liberated from our patriarchal society, and as a result, equality will succeed . 

Equality is the result of feminism.

you’re mixing terms: feminism is not radical feminism (idk why English takes that term to be the opposite of feminism, it’s disgusting tbh, “hembrism” would be much better) btw it’s not about being/feeling superior to male, it’s about making women leaders and protagonists of their own movement.

7 hours ago, lolo. said:

feminism is about women being liberated from our patriarchal society, and as a result, equality will succeed . 

Equality is the result of feminism.

you’re mixing terms: feminism is not radical feminism (idk why English takes that term to be the opposite of feminism, it’s disgusting tbh, “hembrism” would be much better) btw it’s not about being/feeling superior to male, it’s about making women leaders and protagonists of their own movement.

equality is not the result of feminism at all, there is no factual evidence to back that up

and yes, women can be leaders and protagonists, I'm all for it. They shouldn't feel squashed by anyone, but that's not what is happening, real feminists don't go around whining and victimizing themselves, they're out there in the world working their butt off to make sure they're treated as equals. The same women who get triggered by "mansplaining" are the same women who would never work at a coal mine cuz it's "too hard"

'radical/modern feminism' hasn't done squat for equal rights, it's actually hurt masculinity since childhood and it's done more damage than good. and unfortunately it's taken away all the work real women have done

2 hours ago, Dark.Knight said:

equality is not the result of feminism at all, there is no factual evidence to back that up

and yes, women can be leaders and protagonists, I'm all for it. They shouldn't feel squashed by anyone, but that's not what is happening, real feminists don't go around whining and victimizing themselves, they're out there in the world working their butt off to make sure they're treated as equals. The same women who get triggered by "mansplaining" are the same women who would never work at a coal mine cuz it's "too hard"

'radical/modern feminism' hasn't done squat for equal rights, it's actually hurt masculinity since childhood and it's done more damage than good. and unfortunately it's taken away all the work real women have done

Of course it’s not a factual evidence since equality is not a fact, it hasn’t succeeded yet. 

Hembrism/radical feminism=sexism

imo, it should be necessary to make a quite deep sociological study to state that current feminism is, in fact, radical feminism. Analysing thousands and thousands of cases to get to a reliable conclusion.

And as you said, there is not factual evidence of current feminism being radical feminism/hembrism, and some hysterical twitter users shouldn’t be taken as  factual evidence. 

20 hours ago, IDKBT said:

I'm a little mad about  activism in general , seems like you can't do or say anything these days because it would offend someone, i think activism these days forgot about freedom, which is something everybody has been fighting for.. I get somethings are clearly offensive but honestly these people are always trying to find the minimal s--t to judge people

I’m just going to drop this here

6e4.jpg

All the feminism stuff aside, I think it would raise some eyebrows with the whole conservatorship thing. I'm not sure if anyone else touched on this yet. 

The conspiracy theorists would have a field day that a woman who can't legally make her own decisions may be being forced to sing 'I'm a slave for youuu', some of them already do and the song was released way back in the early 2000's. I think that would be the biggest controversy surrounding the song being released today.

Yet again, would anyone outside of the Army really hear the song in the first place?:meltdown:

3 hours ago, Brad Adamson said:

6e4.jpg

I wasn't talking about free speech, i was talking about freedom in general, today you can't say anything, because the minimal word that can be missunderstood, you are a racist, an homophobe, you hate womens, you are the worst person in the world. And tell me, I appreciate feminism and activism, but these days it's too much and i just can't stand what the new activism and feminism has become. 

21 hours ago, Brad Adamson said:

6e4.jpg

giphy.gif

People think that because they're allowed to say what they want, that they're free from the consequences of it. When they see the consequence, they try to victimize themselves and call it bullying or something because it didn't go their way.

17 hours ago, IDKBT said:

I wasn't talking about free speech, i was talking about freedom in general, today you can't say anything, because the minimal word that can be missunderstood, you are a racist, an homophobe, you hate womens, you are the worst person in the world. And tell me, I appreciate feminism and activism, but these days it's too much and i just can't stand what the new activism and feminism has become. 

this is true, i agree with your point 100%

someone feels obligated to be offended because it's a different opinion than theirs and they'll label it so t can go their way. thanks to social media and regular media for promoting that kind of culture

Archived