Imagine the controversy if Slave was released today

Urbanney

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, ralphynno said:

Feminism contradicting itself and being stupid as always. Modern feminism is cancer. Downvote me as you can and will but you won't be able to deny this.

I agree. First and second wave feminism were great but this modern feminism is extremely problematic.

I'm a little mad about  activism in general , seems like you can't do or say anything these days because it would offend someone, i think activism these days forgot about freedom, which is something everybody has been fighting for.. I get somethings are clearly offensive but honestly these people are always trying to find the minimal s--t to judge people

If she were Taylor Swift or any other popular singer atm, she would be criticized for anything, Slave or no slave. She was criticized and demonized back in the day for Slave anyway. People are lenient and more loving towards her right now is because of her career length so she established her legendary status and earned respect, as well as the issues she went through in public, GP is more sympathetic towards her. Back in the day when she was starting off they would find anything whatsoever to criticize her for, that even nowadays artists don't get.

11 hours ago, ralphynno said:

Slavery itself is revolved by racial issues, considering how some races (specially black races from Africa) were enslaved (and had their enslavement justified by their 'inferior' race)

ironically in Africa black races had black race slaves as well but people forget that

11 hours ago, ralphynno said:

Feminism contradicting itself and being stupid as always. Modern feminism is cancer. Downvote me as you can and will but you won't be able to deny this.

giphy.gif

modern feminism has nothing to do with equal rights, they wanna feel superior than the male species but also with the benefits of having a stronger male around

ex. emasculating men with their senseless stuff but still get mad if they don't open the door for them

55 minutes ago, Oliver T said:

No it's not, you're wrong.

Don't agree with me cuz I clearly wasn't stating that.

Feminism and all activisms are actually really good for minorities, and if you don't support, just don't voice ur opinion :sendinglove:

feminism and "activisms" would be good if they had a real intention on equality, not wanting things their own way to be superior to others. it's always funny those who preach tolerance end up being the most intolerant ones 

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, ralphynno said:

Slavery itself is revolved by racial issues, considering how some races (specially black races from Africa) were enslaved (and had their enslavement justified by their 'inferior' race)

But if that's true, surely the song would have been criticised back then?

1 hour ago, Isla. said:

But if that's true, surely the song would have been criticised back then?

people in general are a lot more sensitive today when it comes to race than they were in 2001 so I think the song would receive much more criticism today. I remember Iggy Azalea had a controversy because she rapped about being a slave master, which is worse than Slave 4 U, but still.

11 minutes ago, HuffingAndPuffingOnStage said:

people in general are a lot more sensitive today when it comes to race than they were in 2001 so I think the song would receive much more criticism today. I remember Iggy Azalea had a controversy because she rapped about being a slave master, which is worse than Slave 4 U, but still.

Fair enough. Which Iggy song was that?

Guest I Think I'm Ready Now
3 hours ago, ralphynno said:

Feminism nowadays play some kind of 'I'm powerful but i'm fragile' kind of role, where women insist they can do whatever they want, they are strong and fearless when it's interesting to them, but at the same time victimize themselves all the time by saying they need MEN to do lots of stuff to protect them from rappers / ****** harassment / whatever (not to mention these 'situations' depend a lot on how the man in some situations looks like - it's ok for them to dress slutty and get hit on by good looking man, use their seduction power to lure man to get higher positions in their company but not ok if the guy looking at her  doesn't look good) , along many other contradictions. It's silly and stupid nowadays.

Where ? They never say they need men to protect them from harassment :selena:

They say men should learn how to behave, which is true

If the good looking man is being disrespectful, trust me most women wont be happy with that.

I don't like Trump.....at all, but the extreme SJWs are the reason why Trump won with some people. I don't care if someone is a Republican, but pick someone besides Trump, eh?

I get that we progress as a society, but when you take everything at face value and don't read into context, of course you're going to get offended by everything.

That being said, I think everyone has said something problematic, and we grow. Even I had to stop saying some things that were/are offensive, even if it was out of youth and/or being drunk, I still had to apologize.

The world Post-2010 is a more socially conscious world.

Archived