VERY FIRST TIME discovering Britney

Mine was late 2008, basically the Circus era. I was 7 and Womanizer was trending online. I watched it once and THAT WAS IT.

giphy.gif

I melted. I was obsessed. Instantly was a fan. Than realized that she had just gone through a lot and loved her even more. I actually got in trouble for watching Womanizer once, but than my parents were cool about it being Brit.

Faves:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was 9 in 1999 and some kids at my school danced to BOMT at a school play and I remember thinking it was so cool. Some time after that I was invited to a birthday party and we watched BOMT MV and I fell in love.

Then I remember my parents buying both Britney and Christinas debut albums and I got obsessed with both of them.

Obviously I was really young at the time so I dont have that many clear memories but I remember car rides where we listened to the cassete over and over and I clearly remember watching the Live in Hawaii Special on TV and the release of OIDIA and The VMAs. In 2005 I got obsessed with Nirvana and other bands because "I was a cool teenager" and I didnt really care much for either Britney or Christin. I didnt like Christinas image change (during Back to Basics) because it was too mature for me and Britney was pregnant and her whole private life and Chaotic were a big turn off to me in 2004. I didnt dislike her I just didnt care anymore.

In 2006 when everything started going downhill and we saw Britney in the media the whole time my heart broke a bit because even though she didnt have any new music out I realized at that moment that she still meant  a lot to me since she was basically the soundtrack of my childhood. I started obsessivley following everything that was going on and then Blackout came out and I loved that album and then obviously I was rooting for her comeback and ever since then Ive been following her again.

It was 1999 and I was 7 years old... in a Mexican restaurant with my parents and the restaurant had a video selector, where customers could chose the music video and it was just constantly playing ‘...baby one more time’

I was transfixed watching the video, that my parents bought me the Single and the Album on the way home from the restaurant and the rest is history.

I was very young when I first watched Britney on tv. The very 1st music video I watched of hers was CRAZY. MY GOD, this smile made me melt like butter

giphy.gif 

maybe, unconsciously I love Crazy over BOMT because I watched it first. For so long I used to think BOMT was the second single :imok: but then again, I was too young (like 6 or 7) to know specific facts about her. My only contact with Britney was through music videos and some local magazines form my (non english speaking btw) country. Everytime there was something new from her I needed to see it on tv when and where it was gonna be. Bck then, Internet access and usage wasn't as easy as it is now so if there was gonna be an interview, a tv special or a mv premiere or just something related to her on tv I was like: "when and where will it be?" and I even needed to write it down on a paper so I didn't forget it :shameless:

As a fan it was so rewarding to her glowing on any award show, tv show she was on, I used to share with some frineds my love for her so they also liked her songs without being fans. But there was also the mean side, she was always criticized, she was constantly shaded for acting sweet but dancing and portraying a **** image, ALWAYS so that's someting she always had to deal with. There's a lot to tell you and everyone but it would take me like an entire day :blurp:

not sure how but when I was 8 (2008), I used to ALWAYS watch the If U Seek Amy video at my babysitter's house ON MUSIC CHOICE ON DEMAND every day before school. and at that point I had also bought toxic, womanizer, and circus on itunes. I also always loved seeing her on tabloid covers, even when i was like 5 i was just attracted to her energy / persona

My earlist memory of any celebrity was Britney. I was sitting on my parents bed at like 7 or 8 and they were talking about little Miss Britney Spears lip syncing at her concert on the news. 

Growing up I was a closet fan I guess. It wasn't cool for guys to be Britney fans, so I just never really thought about it. I used to jam to her MV's alone in my room sometimes though (MP was my ish!)

During 2007 I believed what was force fed to society. Britney was crazy, unfit, etc etc. Didn't like her, nor dislike her. Was just sick of hearing about her. 

Mot wasn't until I heard 3 that it all hit me. Britney Spears has been around since I was a child. I didn't know a world without her or her music. The first time I heard it I thought the song was a total bop and it made me really become a fan.

Fast forward two years. I had come out of the closet, grown up a bit, and dabbled in conspiracy theories of all kinds. I came across all of the usual Music Industry theories. Pop Puppets, MK Ultra, Illuminati controlled celebs, etc. Britney became one of the most interesting of all of them to me. Again, she had been a part of my world since forever, so naturally I was interested. I would watch YouTube videos, read articles, and piece together this story of her life that I thought I knew so well. 

Fast forward to now. I have grown up even more, put down the reefer and stopped feeding into conspiracies and making up a story in my head for a woman that I don't personally know. I'm still so intrigued by the mystery of her life story, but I don't make assumptions or theories as much as I did at 19 years old. Her story and music has gotten me through many rough times in my life, and that's what really matters to me at this point. 

Damn, this was long. I don't know if anyone will even bother reading it, but that's the timeframe of my experience with being a Britney fan. 

Archived