Anyone notice this mistake in the POM video?

Urbanney

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

The video was a mess, all the Blackout era videos are......but it's understandable!Β 

Break the Ice is the only one I can rescue. People in here bash it and automatically put it at the bottom of their list just because it's animated, but that's actually the smartest thing they could've done at the time. Britney wasn't in the right conditions to shoot any music videos, mentally nor physically. They should've waited a few months to start promoting Blackout properly in 2008, maybe with a re-release. But then we wouldn't have Circus, so it's ok.

But going back to BTI, I think it's really cool. It definitely doesn't look like those cheap animated videos any random artist could do. BTI looks so professional, it's so well made that 10 years later it still looks fresh, and it doesn't look like those cringy animated videos from early 2000's or something like that. If they used CGI or so, I'm sure two years later it would've looked awful, but since it's anime, it becomes timeless. Kill the Lights on the other hand is an example of a poor, cheap animated video, that doesn't even cover the full song.

And I think it was so original and brave from Britney, because it was unexpected, no one was doing something like that, and it was awesome.

GM was unexpected and original too, but the result wasn't awesome. It was cringy, messy and looked cheap and rushed, like POM. Those weren't brave or original, those were the result of Britney not behaving like herself, who is a perfectionist and always wanted the best for her videos. Most people in here celebrate that attitude of giving zero ***** about her career, or that it was like a **** you to the world, but for me it's just a constant reminder of how affected she was at the time that she didn't even care to ruin her videography with something like that. Twice.

58 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

Break the Ice is the only one I can rescue. People in here bash it and automatically put it at the bottom of their list just because it's animated, but that's actually the smartest thing they could've done at the time. Britney wasn't in the right conditions to shoot any music videos, mentally nor physically. They should've waited a few months to start promoting Blackout properly in 2008, maybe with a re-release. But then we wouldn't have Circus, so it's ok.

But going back to BTI, I think it's really cool. It definitely doesn't look like those cheap animated videos any random artist could do. BTI looks so professional, it's so well made that 10 years later it still looks fresh, and it doesn't look like those cringy animated videos from early 2000's or something like that. If they used CGI or so, I'm sure two years later it would've looked awful, but since it's anime, it becomes timeless. Kill the Lights on the other hand is an example of a poor, cheap animated video, that doesn't even cover the full song.

And I think it was so original and brave from Britney, because it was unexpected, no one was doing something like that, and it was awesome.

I agree. I love the Break the Ice video. Like you said, people bash it just because it's animated, but I think it fits the song and the time it was released really well.

Archived