Interesting Analysis on Britney Popularity and sales

crazyboutbrit

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm obsessed with this website. It looks really reliable to me. And you were right, the comments there is just insane. Beyonce stans are so desperate to prove to the world that she is better than anybody else. It really makes me hate Beyonce eventhough she is a really nice person. Her fans are just so annoying. 

4 minutes ago, AmberLouise said:

"I just feel the need to write the name of Barbra Streisand. The legendary star was dropping her first album when Madonna was only 4 and went on to block Britney from debuting at #1 in both the US and the UK with her new album."

i'm not even pressed she blocked britney. such a queen :mcwave:

The greatest singer in American history. The quality of her voice, the control techniques she has is unmatched by anybody.

This is really sad.

Especially this part:

One pretty interesting highlight is how all Britney‘s albums so far are rather close, all between 167,000 and 335,000 album sales equivalent, despite having been received very differently upon release. Blackout was a disaster when it came out whereas Circus was a success. Still both are equally popular by now. Blackout even almost ties Oops!… I Did It Again, an album that sold seven times more in original album format. Those figures show that, except for a few singles, her catalog is listened to mostly by fans, interested in all her songs, rather than by casual listeners.

"Among her early albums, the one impressing the most is In The Zone. Its CSPC total isn’t tht far from the one of Britney, and it is also the highest gainer outside of pure album sales after BOMT. This is one of the reason we can appreciate CSPC so much as it gives back justice to various albums that had their success spread over many formats, making their popularity look lower due to album sales not fully covering it. Upcoming years will increase this trend as In The Zone is her album with the highest strength, thus with streaming and digital sales pushing the bar faster. It will also catch its predecessors thanks to compilations being sold on the back of its songs."

V. interesting. Also interesting tht MATM didn't make the top 20 most succesful songs. The only lead single except WB and MM not to.

4 hours ago, toy soldier. said:

This is really sad.

Especially this part:

One pretty interesting highlight is how all Britney‘s albums so far are rather close, all between 167,000 and 335,000 album sales equivalent, despite having been received very differently upon release. Blackout was a disaster when it came out whereas Circus was a success. Still both are equally popular by now. Blackout even almost ties Oops!… I Did It Again, an album that sold seven times more in original album format. Those figures show that, except for a few singles, her catalog is listened to mostly by fans, interested in all her songs, rather than by casual listeners.

She needs to promote herself more on Spotify and Apple Music and become streaming force! She has an amazing catalogue of hits known by almost everybody...

It's her team's responsibility.. It's like they don't even know that from streaming you still get money:pleaseshhh:

On the other hand, it's true, that millenials are using streaming more often and Brit's music usually doesnt stick with them.. And her old fans are playing the songs from CDs or bought on iTunes (me personally signed up to Apple Music after her commercial during Glory era, but still listen to Glory songs downloaded from iTunes purchase - I will have to wait for her new album to get it fully in streaming (and buy physical copy as well :P ).

What is also the problem with her, that her albums usually leaks earlier and we fans download them and listen for first week 24/7 but nothing of this counts toward streaming sales. For B10 I'm only waiting for official release to get her the streaming numbers :queenflopga:

12 hours ago, Poe Dameron said:

She needs to promote herself more on Spotify and Apple Music and become streaming force! She has an amazing catalogue of hits known by almost everybody...

It's her team's responsibility.. It's like they don't even know that from streaming you still get money:pleaseshhh:

On the other hand, it's true, that millenials are using streaming more often and Brit's music usually doesnt stick with them.. And her old fans are playing the songs from CDs or bought on iTunes (me personally signed up to Apple Music after her commercial during Glory era, but still listen to Glory songs downloaded from iTunes purchase - I will have to wait for her new album to get it fully in streaming (and buy physical copy as well :P ).

What is also the problem with her, that her albums usually leaks earlier and we fans download them and listen for first week 24/7 but nothing of this counts toward streaming sales. For B10 I'm only waiting for official release to get her the streaming numbers :queenflopga:

That is a huge problem and shows Britney isn’t popular. It’s free and ppl aren’t listening to her new music. Mostly because they don’t know she has new music. 

Spotify and Apple are the GP and Britney is struggling 

On 2/21/2018 at 6:04 AM, Afiq said:

I'm obsessed with this website. It looks really reliable to me. And you were right, the comments there is just insane. Beyonce stans are so desperate to prove to the world that she is better than anybody else. It really makes me hate Beyonce eventhough she is a really nice person. Her fans are just so annoying. 

I mean, in all fairness, most of those comments were from Britards fighting with the guy who runs the site about Britney's numbers. And him having to repeatedly say that it’s objective analysis and not based on personal preference. Plenty of Britney fans have the same passion and delusion. 

Archived