How I Roll Appreciation Thread

SlaaayBitch

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of her best song ever. The production is wonderful and original, the melody is catchy and interesting and her robotic vocals (for once) perfectly suit the song. It's a perfect mirror for Freakshow to me (Fs is dark and edgy, How I Roll has a sweet melody but they both share the same artistic and extravagant electronic production)

The FFT performance was probably the only decent one of the whole tour!

Should have been single #4 instead of Flopminal, with a good colorful and urban video!

2 minutes ago, Alex_1991 said:

One of her best song ever. The production is wonderful and original, the melody is catchy and interesting and her robotic vocals (for once) perfectly suit the song. It's a perfect mirror for Freakshow to me (Fs is dark and edgy, How I Roll has a sweet melody but they both share the same artistic and extravagant electronic production)

The FFT performance was probably the only decent one of the whole tour!

Should have been single #4 instead of Flopminal, with a good colorful and urban video!

I can't even listen to Criminal now.. HIR sounds fresh still... :hibebe: Brinni gives us a HIR sequel :hibebe:

10 hours ago, mental mystic said:

The most interesting song on FF, really the only song (except maybe kinda Criminal) that was doing something original. The rest of FF just sounds like other top 40 bs from the time, and it's extremely dated and basic now :indulge:

correct me if i'm wrong, but i recall Britney bringing dupstep to the pop music scene with HIAM. so your point is? :slowdown:

13 hours ago, JustLoveBritney said:

correct me if i'm wrong, but i recall Britney bringing dupstep to the pop music scene with HIAM. so your point is? :slowdown:

HIAM didn't bring dubstep to pop at all :cackling: 

Dubstep was already huge in 2011, that was the era of Skrillex, the dubstep breakdown in HIAM is just another example of FF being all about following current trends.

Freakshow in 2007 however was one of the first instances of dubstep ~influence~ on pop music, Blackout had a lot of originality. By the FF era dubstep had already peaked IMO.

And I'm a girl btw :toocute:

3 hours ago, mental mystic said:

HIAM didn't bring dubstep to pop at all :cackling: 

Dubstep was already huge in 2011, that was the era of Skrillex, the dubstep breakdown in HIAM is just another example of FF being all about following current trends.

Freakshow in 2007 however was one of the first instances of dubstep ~influence~ on pop music, Blackout had a lot of originality. By the FF era dubstep had already peaked IMO.

And I'm a girl btw :toocute:

were there any major hits before hiam to have dubstep in them though? (pop) i know Skrillex was around... but they weren't pop. 

On 18/02/2018 at 7:16 PM, Million Billion said:

Appreciate it???

giphy.gif 

.... but I pass.

tenor.gif?itemid=5053663

It's a cool poppy song but nothing outstanding, just that. It's not bad but it's the weakest FF track compared to the rest of the powerful smashing tracks. I still enjoy it sometimes tbh. :plzexplain:

You are wrong :toocute:

11 hours ago, JustLoveBritney said:

were there any major hits before hiam to have dubstep in them though? (pop) i know Skrillex was around... but they weren't pop. 

Lots of pop songs with dubstep in them constantly played on the radio in 2009-2011. Im sure a google search would give you more info than I could from the top of my head. Either way, HIAM was in no way special or original in any way for its use of dubstep.

Archived