Rank Britney's VIDEO ERAS

Someone Who Knows

4 minutes ago, Oliver T said:

Yes what happened to her in 2007 in her personal life is tragic.

But on an artistic ground it was amazing.

I'm not much interested in her personal life as in "her kids, lovers, holiday" and stuff. I love Britney Spears the artist, aka a different person from who she might truly be, and that's what I mean. Blackout to me was like an artistic epiphany. Something happened musically wise and the reasons behind it don't concern me. 

Like if you take Charles Baudelaire for example, his best works were the one he created while being completely under the weather, on the verge of being put up in an institution. 

:yaknow: 

What about Blackout do you find so artistic, specifically the music videos because that’s the whole topic :watrusayin:

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Someone Who Knows said:

I don't think there is such a thing as 'the' 'real Britney'...I think people who live great and interesting lives become very multidimensional people, and all of their sides are equally 'real,' even when they aren't mutually compatible. The unmedicated bipolar Britney is the 'real Britney,' sure...but so is the awkward dork who thought the Make Me video was a good idea...and so was the innocent Britney of her early days...and so is the Vegas showgirl side of her...and on and on...there are lots of realities a person lives and we should be able to appreciate them all for what they are

You really think Britney was innocent? That was just her image. A innocent 17 year old that posed in underwear for photoshoots? :ineedthetruth:

3 hours ago, Someone Who Knows said:

IMO...

1. Britney

2. Baby One More Time 

3. In the Zone

4. Circus + TSC

5. Femme Fatale - Her best post-prime video era -- four solid videos in a row

6. Oops!...I Did It Again - Four solid videos in a row showing all her strengths as she was coming into her own

7. Britney Jean - Work ***** is one of her best, but Perfume is zzzz

8. Blackout - Mess, almost nothing redeeming about this video era

9. GH:MP 

10. Glory - Slumber Party rules, but Make Me is a joke

Archived