Should Britney make a twist on her lyrics?

mauureee

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, mauureee said:

I was thinking the other day while listening to Make Me and also watching news about feminism and stuff on tv

and I was like, Britney could be all hands in, singing about empowerment for women, feminism , girl power! Like she did back then in Womanizer for example...

but now she sings songs that are about machism, or about how men make her a *** doll

I dont want another popostar singing about "empowerment for women, feminism , girl power!"

Im so over it and Im a woman. I would like her to do something different. Go the opposite route.

Write a whole song about how the whole western world is pitying women for bullshit reasons meanwhile:

• men are 94% of work fatalities  
  • 60-80% of the homeless are men.
  • Men are 165% more likely to be convicted of a crime than women
  • Men get 63% longer sentences than women for the same crime
  • men are 99.999% of American combat deaths and casualties
  • Women's Cancers receive 15 times more funding than men's
  • Women receive custody in about 84% of child custody cases  even if they are terrible moms.. because they are women
  • men are 76% of homicides
  • men are 80% of Suicides – CDC
  • If you count prisons men are  overwhelming majority of **** victims
  • there are almost no shelters for male victims of domestic violence
  • Male infant circumcision/genital mutilation is legal and performed widely and even completely socially accepted but female genital mutilation is not
  • Many countries do not even recognize female on male ****. It can maximally only amount to “****** assault”
  • A young boy ***** by a woman can be forced to pay child support to his ****** if she gets pregnant
  • There are drives to fill quotas for women for the high paid roles but not in the dangerous jobs dominated by men
  • Victim blaming is acceptable ONLY when men are the victims and women the perpetrator
  • Men’s lives are given less value in any emergency situation
  • Men are expected to ask women out, pay for dates, decide on the venue – if she rejects him he is often labelled creepy or needy
  • If a man slaps a woman, he is an abuser and a monster, If a woman slaps a man, “he must have done something to annoy her”
  • When a man breaks up with a woman, he is called a “jerk”. When a woman dumps a man, “he must have failed her somehow”
  • Men are excluded from many positions such as babysitters, etc.
  • Young men having to pay higher car insurance is acceptable but the idea of women having to pay more for health insurance is not.
  • Our culture and media makes the assumption of men as guilty, violent offenders where as women are given special treatment at every turn
  • Many news reports will read the number of people killed and then highlight women and children as more tragic than male death.
  • Men are expected to carry heavy things for women, give up their seats for women, shovel snow, mow gardens and do any other job involving manual labour, that women do not wish to perform
  • Real sexism is the fact that men working longer hours in harder more dangerous jobs to earn more money to pay for women's choices is being turned into a weapon against men.

Be progressive Britney dont whine about manspreading and mansplaining, talk about real issues.

bkpam293229_mens-rights.jpg

LoSGnD7.gif

59 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

I dont want another popostar singing about "empowerment for women, feminism , girl power!"

Im so over it and Im a woman. I would like her to do something different. Go the opposite route.

Write a whole song about how the whole western world is pitying women for bullshit reasons meanwhile:

• Women receive custody in about 84% of child custody cases  even if they are terrible moms.. because they are women
  • Male infant circumcision/genital mutilation is legal and performed widely and even completely socially accepted but female genital mutilation is not
  • Many countries do not even recognize female on male ****. It can maximally only amount to “****** assault”
  • A young boy ***** by a woman can be forced to pay child support to his ****** if she gets pregnant
  • There are drives to fill quotas for women for the high paid roles but not in the dangerous jobs dominated by men
  • Victim blaming is acceptable ONLY when men are the victims and women the perpetrator
  • Men are expected to ask women out, pay for dates, decide on the venue – if she rejects him he is often labelled creepy or needy
  • If a man slaps a woman, he is an abuser and a monster, If a woman slaps a man, “he must have done something to annoy her”
  • When a man breaks up with a woman, he is called a “jerk”. When a woman dumps a man, “he must have failed her somehow”
  • Young men having to pay higher car insurance is acceptable but the idea of women having to pay more for health insurance is not.
  • Our culture and media makes the assumption of men as guilty, violent offenders where as women are given special treatment at every turn
  • Many news reports will read the number of people killed and then highlight women and children as more tragic than male death.
  • Men are expected to carry heavy things for women, give up their seats for women, shovel snow, mow gardens and do any other job involving manual labour, that women do not wish to perform
  • Real sexism is the fact that men working longer hours in harder more dangerous jobs to earn more money to pay for women's choices is being turned into a weapon against men.

Be progressive Britney dont whine about manspreading and mansplaining, talk about real issues.

LoSGnD7.gif

Thank you for sharing all of this, I wasn't aware of the statistics but I have always believed that modern day feminism is cancerous to society. 

It started out as a good idea, because who doesn't believe in equality? (I know there are tons of jerks out there that don't, but as I said: jerks). This movement is damaging to young girls and young boys alike, and is going to do more harm than good in the long run. In the end, it's the exact opposite of equality. I cannot stand extremists in ANY group, and hollywood is jumping right on the bandwagon. 

I like Britney's music, because it offers me an escape from politics. We are bombarded with s--t day after day from all angels, I can't even escape it in the break room at work because employees are always talking and discussing this s--t. The last thing I want is for Britney to become a full blown feminist and have it reflect in her songs. If anything, I'd rather see her become a figure all about self love, that gives people hope and strength to get through tough times, and is about healing from the inside out. 

Thank you @The Greatest Show for not being a complete sheep who believes everything the media shoves down our throats :soyeah:

1 minute ago, Chaoscontrol said:

Thank you for sharing all of this, I wasn't aware of the statistics but I have always believed that modern day feminism is cancerous to society. 

It started out as a good idea, because who doesn't believe in equality? (I know there are tons of jerks out there that don't, but as I said: jerks). This movement is damaging to young girls and young boys alike, and is going to do more harm than good in the long run. In the end, it's the exact opposite of equality. I cannot stand extremists in ANY group, and hollywood is jumping right on the bandwagon. 

I like Britney's music, because it offers me an escape from politics. We are bombarded with s--t day after day from all angels, I can't even escape it in the break room at work because employees are always talking and discussing this s--t. The last thing I want is for Britney to become a full blown feminist and have it reflect in her songs. If anything, I'd rather see her become a figure all about self love, that gives people hope and strength to get through tough times, and is about healing from the inside out. 

Thank you @The Greatest Show for not being a complete sheep who believes everything the media shoves down our throats :soyeah:

giphy.gif

Yeah I agree with you. You cant go anywhere these days without being bombarded with politics. I dont mind political songs if they are done right like Pink - Dear Mr. President or even Cant Hold us Down by Christina. It may be a very feminist song but it doesnt focus on bullshit like the wage gap myth or manspreading and mansplaining it just says "Hey its unfair that women get called ***** and whores for sleeping around while men get praised for it" Im fine with stuff like that. But then there are ppl like Beyonce who openly support ANTIFA and im like :gross:

I honestly think its appalling how men are treated in this society and allways treated as evil meanwhile a women can be the biggest ***** in the world she is allways the victim. Also constantly hearing things like "toxic masculinity" makes me so angry. Masculinity isnt toxic neither is Femininity. Women want masculine men.. I think its pretty rare for a woman to want  a feminine guy tbh. (Cant speak for gay guys cause im not one)  I think this social climate is so damaging to young men and as a woman I cannot imagine what it must be like to constantly be portrayed as the evil of society.

Those dumb c*nts at the womens march are wearing Hijabs and portraying it as some kind of feminist statement while women in the middle east get killed, whipped or beaten for not wearing it.  And in Iran right now women are trying to stand up for themselves and trying to get rid of those backward laws.

Real+feminism+a+new+hashtag+appeared+aft

and the biggest joke is that one of the LEADERS of womens rights in the USA right now is a woman who said “Sharia law is reasonable and once u read into the details it makes a lot of sense. People just know the basics,”  told a woman who was a victim of genital mutilation "I wish I could take your ****** away because you dont deserve to be a woman",  refused to answer a question in a Q&A because the person asking was a white male, and many other ridiculous things..

3 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

giphy.gif

Yeah I agree with you. You cant go anywhere these days without being bombarded with politics. I dont mind political songs if they are done right like Pink - Dear Mr. President or even Cant Hold us Down by Christina. It may be a very feminist song but it doesnt focus on bullshit like the wage gap myth or manspreading and mansplaining it just says "Hey its unfair that women get called ***** and whores for sleeping around while men get praised for it" Im fine with stuff like that. But then there are ppl like Beyonce who openly support ANTIFA and im like :gross:

I honestly think its appalling how men are treated in this society and allways treated as evil meanwhile a women can be the biggest ***** in the world she is allways the victim. Also constantly hearing things like "toxic masculinity" makes me so angry. Masculinity isnt toxic neither is Femininity. Women want masculine men.. I think its pretty rare for a woman to want  a feminine guy tbh. (Cant speak for gay guys cause im not one)  I think this social climate is so damaging to young men and as a woman I cannot imagine what it must be like to constantly be portrayed as the evil of society.

Those dumb c*nts at the womens march are wearing Hijabs and portraying it as some kind of feminist statement while women in the middle east get killed, whipped or beaten for not wearing it.  And in Iran right now women are trying to stand up for themselves and trying to get rid of those backward laws.

Real+feminism+a+new+hashtag+appeared+aft

and the biggest joke is that one of the LEADERS of womens rights in the USA right now is a woman who said “Sharia law is reasonable and once u read into the details it makes a lot of sense. People just know the basics,”  told a woman who was a victim of genital mutilation "I wish I could take your ****** away because you dont deserve to be a woman",  refused to answer a question in a Q&A because the person asking was a white male, and many other ridiculous things..

ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING. People are so blind. These poor women, the real feminists are fighting for their freedom and rights in other countries, and Americans once again make themselves look like bafoons to the rest of the world. This country is so blind, that it just drains me. I cannot deal with the stupidity of my own society sometimes, and it truly disgusts me. 

This war on men that the media has created has gotten so out of hand, that automatically if you're a 'straight white male', you're looked at as a lesser person. Yet, the same people who have made it this way, claim there is a sort of privledge that these men are given. 

I am gay, and I personally like my men to be masculine, but I believe that everyone has both a masculine and feminine side, and there's nothing wrong with being in touch with both of those (regaurdless of gender, it's good to be balanced). 

I have a cousin who goes to these dumb marches. Go figure, she's been on disability since being in her 20's and hasn't worked a day in almost 30 years. ***** can't work, but can find the energy to go march around cities, protesting Trump/Men/Boogieman or whatever villain the media has conditioned people to be afraid of this week. 

I would think that instead of focusing so much energy on hating men, people would be more offended by individuals (like my cousin) living off of the state and the working class paying insane taxes to support these people. But this is America, things don't make that much sense...

1 minute ago, Chaoscontrol said:

ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING. People are so blind. These poor women, the real feminists are fighting for their freedom and rights in other countries, and Americans once again make themselves look like bafoons to the rest of the world. This country is so blind, that it just drains me. I cannot deal with the stupidity of my own society sometimes, and it truly disgusts me. 

This war on men that the media has created has gotten so out of hand, that automatically if you're a 'straight white male', you're looked at as a lesser person. Yet, the same people who have made it this way, claim there is a sort of privledge that these men are given. 

I am gay, and I personally like my men to be masculine, but I believe that everyone has both a masculine and feminine side, and there's nothing wrong with being in touch with both of those (regaurdless of gender, it's good to be balanced). 

I have a cousin who goes to these dumb marches. Go figure, she's been on disability since being in her 20's and hasn't worked a day in almost 30 years. ***** can't work, but can find the energy to go march around cities, protesting Trump/Men/Boogieman or whatever villain the media has conditioned people to be afraid of this week. 

I would think that instead of focusing so much energy on hating men, people would be more offended by individuals (like my cousin) living off of the state and the working class paying insane taxes to support these people. But this is America, things don't make that much sense...

Dont worry its not just America its developed countries. Europe and Australia have become just as ********. I think they just dont have enough real issues  to complain about so they focus on stupid stuff.

The whole privilage thing annoyes me to no end. White men are the only ones who dont have privilige from affirmitve action and are demonized by our entire society. People in the US allways point to slavery but totally ignore that AFRICANS were selling their own people to the white men. White men were also the first to end slavery. Meanwhile in some African and Arab countries slavery is still a thing and a no one is batting an eye. I guess its ok if POC do it to each other.

totally agree with you on the social benefits thing. For years out goverment has told us we dont have enough money for the elderly and poor people in our society. Now Angela Merkel let in millions of refugees and all of a sudden we have money for them. I dont mind actual Syrians but they only make up a very small percentage of the people coming. Most of them are economic migrants who are illiterate and wont be contibuting to our society anytime soon. We dont have enough money for our own people but have enough money to fix their teeth, house them, feed them, educate them and pay doctors oppointments for them. It is estimated that by 2017 it cost us 50 Billion Euros. But my grandmother who has payed taxes her entire life is having to live off of barly any money, sold her house to live in a home for elderly and if she doesnt die in the next 6 years she will be homeless. Sure seems fair. My sister lived in Dubai for 2 years and when she came back she AS A CITIZEN had a hard time getting her healthcare back.. meanwhile you can just say "im  a refugee" and you get it all shoved up your ***.

10 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

Dont worry its not just America its developed countries. Europe and Australia have become just as ********. I think they just dont have enough real issues  to complain about so they focus on stupid stuff.

The whole privilage thing annoyes me to no end. White men are the only ones who dont have privilige from affirmitve action and are demonized by our entire society. People in the US allways point to slavery but totally ignore that AFRICANS were selling their own people to the white men. White men were also the first to end slavery. Meanwhile in some African and Arab countries slavery is still a thing and a no one is batting an eye. I guess its ok if POC do it to each other.

totally agree with you on the social benefits thing. For years out goverment has told us we dont have enough money for the elderly and poor people in our society. Now Angela Merkel let in millions of refugees and all of a sudden we have money for them. I dont mind actual Syrians but they only make up a very small percentage of the people coming. Most of them are economic migrants who are illiterate and wont be contibuting to our society anytime soon. We dont have enough money for our own people but have enough money to fix their teeth, house them, feed them, educate them and pay doctors oppointments for them. It is estimated that by 2017 it cost us 50 Billion Euros. But my grandmother who has payed taxes her entire life is having to live off of barly any money, sold her house to live in a home for elderly and if she doesnt die in the next 6 years she will be homeless. Sure seems fair. My sister lived in Dubai for 2 years and when she came back she AS A CITIZEN had a hard time getting her healthcare back.. meanwhile you can just say "im  a refugee" and you get it all shoved up your ***.

6m5ll_s-200x150.gif

I have no problem either for people who want to go to a different country and better their lives. But agreed, there's enough leeches on the state from our own citizens, never mind bringing more people into the mix who aren't planning on contributing anything. 

I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother, that is absolutely disgusting. USA treats the elderly badly as well, my grandma is in a similar situation but at least she lives with my aunt. The government swooped up most money she had saved for her healthcare costs, but how far is that after she worked her entire live, paying taxes, providing for a family. In the meantime, the cousin is getting a free ride through life while the rest of us work and try to make ends meet. 

This is becoming to political now though, so I'll shift back to Britney. If she really wanted to make a stir in the industry, like you said a song spilling truth about the reality of the feminism movement would be a bombshell. Hollywood and the media would attack her, but the average person would be so taken aback that Britney Spears of all artists was dropping such truth in a time where everyone in Hollywood seems to fall in line. 

Give me music about true equality, about working hard for what you have (not WB -.-), about how family and friends are everything, and how there is always a light at the end of the tunnel. I wouldn't mind a more political direction from her, but making it uplifting to ALL. Catering to specific groups does nothing but cause more of a divide between people. I want to see her make music that all can relate too. When more artists jump on that trend, we will see more sparks going off in people's minds and real change will begin to happen for a better world. 

3 minutes ago, Chaoscontrol said:

6m5ll_s-200x150.gif

I have no problem either for people who want to go to a different country and better their lives. But agreed, there's enough leeches on the state from our own citizens, never mind bringing more people into the mix who aren't planning on contributing anything. 

I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother, that is absolutely disgusting. USA treats the elderly badly as well, my grandma is in a similar situation but at least she lives with my aunt. The government swooped up most money she had saved for her healthcare costs, but how far is that after she worked her entire live, paying taxes, providing for a family. In the meantime, the cousin is getting a free ride through life while the rest of us work and try to make ends meet. 

This is becoming to political now though, so I'll shift back to Britney. If she really wanted to make a stir in the industry, like you said a song spilling truth about the reality of the feminism movement would be a bombshell. Hollywood and the media would attack her, but the average person would be so taken aback that Britney Spears of all artists was dropping such truth in a time where everyone in Hollywood seems to fall in line. 

Give me music about true equality, about working hard for what you have (not WB -.-), about how family and friends are everything, and how there is always a light at the end of the tunnel. I wouldn't mind a more political direction from her, but making it uplifting to ALL. Catering to specific groups does nothing but cause more of a divide between people. I want to see her make music that all can relate too. When more artists jump on that trend, we will see more sparks going off in people's minds and real change will begin to happen for a better world. 

totally agree with you. Making political songs that too blatantly favour one side alienate half of the population. I personally think its annoying to hear rich celebrities whine and complain how unfair life is and blame Trump for everything. There are  a lot of ways t make smart political songs that can become popular.

1. Instead of making it super dramatic make it up beat and fun (kind of like Stupid Girls by Pink or any old Eminem song when he mocked something.)

2. Or make it super dramatic and really go for it with a visually strong Music Video and performances. (wouldnt want that personally)

3. Dont lean to far on one side because then you sound like a preacher to the other side. Show both point of views fairly for once. That is never done.

4. Write about something that affects YOU personally. Britney singing about Trans issues would come across as her pandering to the LGBT community. Just like Madonna singing about Black issueus would be seen as pandering to the Black community.

2 hours ago, The Greatest Show said:

LoSGnD7.gif

Men are not mindless zombies incapable of making decisions, it is not the fault of women that you do not talk to some politician to solve your problems, do not blame us for something that is your responsibility.

4 minutes ago, LELE said:

Men are not mindless zombies incapable of making decisions, it is not the fault of women that you do not talk to some politician to solve your problems, do not blame us for something that is your responsibility.

Right... but when men come together and try to speak about issues they get shut down by radical feminists and get labeld anti woman by society. you should watch the movie "The Red Pill" its very interesting and was actually made by a feminist who wanted to prove how awful mens activists are.

No one is blaming women tho??  I was merely pointing out that women are coddled and victimized by society and men are demonized. And in my opinion that isnt fair.

1 minute ago, The Greatest Show said:

Right... but when men come together and try to speak about issues they get shut down by radical feminists and get labeld anti woman by society. you should watch the movie "The Red Pill" its very interesting and was actually made by a feminist who wanted to prove how awful mens activists are.

No one is blaming women tho??  I was merely pointing out that women are coddled and victimized by society and men are demonized. And in my opinion that isnt fair.

The  women who protested  for their  right to be equal to men where treated  badly, they were imprisoned, they were insulted, but the women insisted until the changes happened.
Unfortunately men are going to have to go through a similar process if they want things to change

1 hour ago, The Greatest Show said:

seeing as you downvoted my very valid points about ignored mens rights Im guessing you are a blue haired, fat, non binary lesbian?? :awkblink::awkblink:

TELL 'EM! 

giphy.gif

thanks for spreading the truth, people are so blinded by the agenda being pushed that they don't even notice the blatant hypocrisy and counter-productiveness of the movement... the initial idea was great but it turned out to be a huge, cancerous, toxic pile of stinky horse-****... 

1 hour ago, LELE said:

The  women who protested  for their  right to be equal to men where treated  badly, they were imprisoned, they were insulted, but the women insisted until the changes happened.
Unfortunately men are going to have to go through a similar process if they want things to change

Cringe-GIF-Image-Download-18.gif

1 minute ago, ovoxo said:

On an irrelevant note, I think she should switch up slave and stop saying "I know I may be young but I got feelings too" :tiffcackle:

yes! She should also stop saying "all you people look at me like im a little girl" Just get a writer and have him change the first verse. :awkblink:

Archived