Songs Britney Obviously Loves and Hates

2 hours ago, Isla said:

Wasn't Born To Make You Happy considered for the POM setlist too?

And yeah Britney definitely does not hate Don't Let Me Be the Last To Know, she said it was one of her favourite songs from Oops and she performed it on the Femme Fatale Tour.

Yep it was considered, along with Can’t Make You Love Me, imagine if we finally got a performance 

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

His was a hit but Britney's was more global. His version charted in about 9 countries (With the US being the only place it charted at #1 and going top 5 in 3 other ones) while Britney's charted in about 30 countries, went #1 in 4, and top 5 in 9. It charted in at least the top 30 in every country it charted in on a major chart aside from Japan (where it went #98), whilst it didn't chart on the major chart (The Hot 100) at all in the US. 

Yeah I had to check Wikipedia earlier and yeah, even though Bobby's version went top 10 in most countries it charted in (and number 1 in the US) Britney's version charted well in way more countries. I'm still baffled how it didn't chart on the Billboard Hot 100 as there was no more radio ban for Britney's music in the US.

Edited by Isla
  • Like 1

For sure she doesn’t like Outrageous given how many songs she tried to release over that. I don’t blame her there was so much better on ITZ.

She hates Sometimes and tbh probably most of her earlier stuff. I think she loves the Britney era material but her BOMT and Oops stuff she probably cringes at. To be fair it was a long time ago now so she’s probably sick of it. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2018 at 4:28 PM, Cappycorn87 said:

The artist never have control on what makes the album

The labels run the show and sometimes they might throw the artist a bone as far as letting some songs they like or go with the direction the artist wanted to go in

It's not uncommon for the artist to not like some the songs that make the albums, get released as singles and become a big hit

Yeah, some artists have to buy songs or spots on the tracklist to include them.
If there is no clear hit on an album the singer maybe has to go into the studio and makes them a hit song.
Some artists fight for an album that they love and maybe win or they loose and have no contract left.