Her singing voice during FF and BJ?

brinty.spreas

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, It'sSamB!tch said:

Britney DID sing on BJ, however, for unknown reasons, the background vocals by Myah were pushed too much up front. The stems of Alien do show Britney did sing the song but as I said, they (and I guess "they" equals Flop.I.Am...) pushed Myah's vocals up front. 

People joke about BJ and I do too but after all Britney did sing on it, Passenger is the only song I have my doubts with...I want those stems just so I can hear Britney's voice and Britney's voice alone because when the song leaked, I thought it was fake because it didn't sound like Britney at all and a few weeks later BJ got released with...PASSENGER.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Passenger -whoever sung it- but I'm curious of hearing a main version with her vocals only (if there are any lmao:tiffcackle:)

I feel that majority of the verses in Passenger are indeed Britney, but not the chorus or bridge. 

13 hours ago, It'sSamB!tch said:

Britney DID sing on BJ, however, for unknown reasons, the background vocals by Myah were pushed too much up front. The stems of Alien do show Britney did sing the song but as I said, they (and I guess "they" equals Flop.I.Am...) pushed Myah's vocals up front. 

People joke about BJ and I do too but after all Britney did sing on it, Passenger is the only song I have my doubts with...I want those stems just so I can hear Britney's voice and Britney's voice alone because when the song leaked, I thought it was fake because it didn't sound like Britney at all and a few weeks later BJ got released with...PASSENGER.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Passenger -whoever sung it- but I'm curious of hearing a main version with her vocals only (if there are any lmao:tiffcackle:)

they weren't just background vocals, Myah sang the leads, they replaced leads on most of the songs and then didn't credit her to hide it. Its not just one song, its the whole album bar Perfume and Don't Cry.

Femme Fatale's vocals are weird because the melodies are so simple. They're catchy but they're not melodic and incredibly basic. Britney's delivery of a lot of them is odd in the sense that her phrasing is all over the place and it feels more spoken than sang to a degree (its a big feature of pop music, particularly with Max Martin and Dr Luke. One note melodies, repeated notes, it makes the song memorable and catchy). The vocals were quite raw, but polished, and then smothered in heavily treated backing vocals. 

BJ (or the part she sang atleast) was just a mix of songs that didn't suit her voice.

On both albums, she sounded uninterested and the albums were rushed.

• 11 months later...

Archived