I Think Some of Us Forget

14 minutes ago, Shadow. said:

how can we forget when its brought up every time someone drags her? she delivers a horrible performance and her fans instantly jump on the victim bandwagon and use the "breakdown" as an excuse for the fact she was just lazy as ****.

we also conveniently forget that britney herself encouraged the media attention even to the point she was dating a pap (adnan) back in 07. the media said some horrible things but britney was no angel either, she did dumb s--t and that was made international news. if she focused on herself & her kids rather than partying all night with paris maybe the media wouldn't have been so hard on her.

anyway idg why this keeps getting brought up when its been over a decade since it all went down and britney has thankfully got her life back on track. im so over this "britney is a prisoner" mentality you all have, she addressed what happened in ftr, she admitted she was being stupid "what the hell was i thinking?" etc.

you sound madt. I am not talking about her performances :tiffcackle:

If you want to bring up her inviting the media into her life- this was 2007- the beginning of online exposure that she and her non existent team had no control over. Once Britney and her team regained control in 2008 she has NEVER opened up again on anything ever again. 

What I am saying is that I respect the hell out of her being quiet and her team paying the media dust regarding 2007-8

I would like her to open up about her professional and artistic side. That's what I would love her to do, writing songs, composing melodies, choosing concepts for her albums, making music videos, etc. This is the type of things I want her to talk about rather than Sean and Jayden's new Pokemon apps :mcorangu:

About her private life. Im sure she's got over it and it's in her past as we all leave things in the past. She's a matured woman and she became a huge pop icon BEFORE that mess happened and she continued her life achieving many other things so Im sure that 07 mess is not the center of her life, it's just a hard phase she had to deal with (as we all have to) so she has many other positive things to feel proud of. She could talk about it whenever she wants because it's part of her and everybody deserves to be heard. 

• Love 2
  • Like 3
18 minutes ago, Million Billion said:

I would like her to open up about her professional and artistic side. That's what I would love her to do, writing songs, composing melodies, choosing concepts for her albums, making music videos, etc. This is the type of things I want her to talk about rather than Sean and Jayden's new Pokemon apps :mcorangu:

About her private life. Im sure she's got over it and it's in her past as we all leave things in the past. She's a matured woman and she became a huge pop icon BEFORE that mess happened and she continued her life achieving many other things so Im sure that 07 mess is not the center of her life, it's just a hard phase she had to deal with (as we all have to) so she has many other positive things to feel proud of. She could talk about it whenever she wants because it's part of her and everybody deserves to be heard. 

I agree 100% with you! :kyliecry: ughh

She never really gets credit for this, but I do believe she was one of, if not THE biggest factor in the destigmatization of «crazy» celebrities. In a way, I’m Almost thankful that Britney went through a right patch so that newer artists wet encouraged to speak more about these mental health issues.

people might disagree, but that’s How I look at it.

so happy she’s okay now, however no excuse for being lazy now Britney:kyliecry:

I think she should keep it to herself, we don’t need to know

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Shadow. said:

how can we forget when its brought up every time someone drags her? she delivers a horrible performance and her fans instantly jump on the victim bandwagon and use the "breakdown" as an excuse for the fact she was just lazy as ****.

we also conveniently forget that britney herself encouraged the media attention even to the point she was dating a pap (adnan) back in 07. the media said some horrible things but britney was no angel either, she did dumb s--t and that was made international news. if she focused on herself & her kids rather than partying all night with paris maybe the media wouldn't have been so hard on her.

anyway idg why this keeps getting brought up when its been over a decade since it all went down and britney has thankfully got her life back on track. im so over this "britney is a prisoner" mentality you all have, she addressed what happened in ftr, she admitted she was being stupid "what the hell was i thinking?" etc.

i don't agree about the partying with paris part. for her age, that behavior isn't too abnormal. especially with the lifestyle and money, doing those type of things are normal for a 20something year old. it is only because she was in the media that people are able to turn it into such a problem. a good majority of people in that age range act like that all the time. the only difference is that their lives are not broadcasted to the entire world. 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, goldenboi92 said:

i don't agree about the partying with paris part. for her age, that behavior isn't too abnormal. especially with the lifestyle and money, doing those type of things are normal for a 20something year old. it is only because she was in the media that people are able to turn it into such a problem. a good majority of people in that age range act like that all the time. the only difference is that their lives are not broadcasted to the entire world. 

The media was unnaturally obsessed with her because she could wear a pair of jeans and they would turn into something larger than life. Most celebs are normal but their environment is abnormal. In some ways it's pointless to compare them to people who are able to walk around everyday without worrying about people taking their pictures. The environment is sick and I agree with you. IMO a lot of people would react the same way that she did in that situation. 

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Crayboy said:

She never really gets credit for this, but I do believe she was one of, if not THE biggest factor in the destigmatization of «crazy» celebrities. In a way, I’m Almost thankful that Britney went through a right patch so that newer artists wet encouraged to speak more about these mental health issues.

people might disagree, but that’s How I look at it.

so happy she’s okay now, however no excuse for being lazy now Britney:kyliecry:

I think she should keep it to herself, we don’t need to know

this. i remember when kanye had his breakdown, and how differently the media treated him. though gender also plays a role, i think britney was a very big cause of the shift in how we view celebrity and even mental health in general. honestly i think people in the future will remember that as one of britney's biggest legacies in the industry. 

23 hours ago, prettylittleliar_2214 said:

The media was unnaturally obsessed with her because she could wear a pair of jeans and they would turn into something larger than life. Most celebs are normal but their environment is abnormal. In some ways it's pointless to compare them to people who are able to walk around everyday without worrying about people taking their pictures. The environment is sick and I agree with you. IMO a lot of people would react the same way that she did in that situation. 

she definitely didn't stand a chance but I don't think anyone could withstand that obsession and stay sane. Britney was the BIGGEST star for 10 years at that point when everything unraveled in light speed 

• Like 1
  • 3 years later...
On 2/5/2018 at 7:40 PM, Shadow. said:

Do you stand by this after seeing the doc?

• Haha 1
  • Like 1

I just want Britney to do whatever she feels is best for her. I wouldn't mind her doing a tell-all type documentary/interview, but I wouldn't mind if she doesn't at all. But like someone said, I'd just like more depth to her as an artist. And if that means making more personal songs/albums and less "WB" or dance stuff, then so be it.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, resort2havoc said:

Do you stand by this after seeing the doc?

to a certain extent. I get the impression britney doesn't like being seen as a victim, she said it herself in FTR that she chooses to be a happy person & make the most of her situation, so calling her a prisoner and babying her because she is going through a lot seems very demeaning to her character.

I obviously knew of her situation back then but I don't think any of us thought it was a sinister as its came out to be, so I'm definitely more understanding as to why britney has for the most part been half assing her career since 09. I still stand by the fact that its a crappy thing to do when you having your fans paying a lot of money to see you, but then I think her team had more to do with that since its all about the $$ & she probably hasn't had much of a choice until recently.

The only thing I would say is one way to take back from people's negative narratives of you is to speak your own truth. What happened to her over a decade ago was horrifying and the media took complete control of her image. Since then, she's never spoken about it and look at how team CON have benefited from that? They enjoy the set narrative that she's 'crazy' and needs their help. And they've taken part in silencing her for that very reason. If Brit were to speak, her truth would be out there, forever. Regardless of how the press want to twist it. It will be out there for people to see and read with their own eyes.  

Take For The Record as an example. Had that not been made we would never have had a glimpse into seeing how Brit actually feels about the CON, how much she hates it and they would have continued to pretend she's ok with everything. Clearly the documentary backfired in their faces and look how hard they tried to pretend it didn't exist? Yet that footage remains absolutely key in raising awareness because she's telling us her truth. She's owning the narrative.

Personally, it sickens me how much she's been, not just manipulated, but silenced. All I want for her is to reclaim her power back, however she sees fit. 

One thing we can agree on: she owes us nothing. If she never wants to speak in public again, we'll support her. If she wants to speak out and say her side we'll support her. 

I just want her freedom and peace :tysm_beyonce_thanks_wow_gratitude_love_you_ily:

• Love 2
  • 1 year later...
On 2/5/2018 at 7:15 PM, resort2havoc said:

The complete and utter disrespect for Britney from the press between 2006-2009

I think Britney can't just "speak out" nor does she want to. Do you think it would change the narrative of her life and how they choose to write about her? Doubt it. Do you think Britney wants to give the biggest piece/secret she has left to the people she despises so much(the press)? Nope. These people wrote her off during her darkest time when she needed them to stay on her side the most. Many of these press professionals were there with Britney at the beginning of her career and were nothing but sweet and positive about her(for the most part). These people also liked her genuinely as a person which led to her having a good relationship with them. Trust me, you don't just forgive and forget the obituaries, disrespect of your parenting, calling her children mentally ill, and stripping back everyone once of credit you once had in the industry to name a few. Not only do some of us expect her to open up BUT we also expect her to  give us/press the satisfaction of knowing every detail about your alleged breakdown. 

I hope she never speaks out about it to be honest but I do hope she finds the freedom she deserves:arianabye:

NEVER FORGET

On 2/5/2018 at 10:40 PM, Shadow. said:

:awks_britney_side_eye_awkward_2011_ff_femme_Fatale:

On 2/6/2018 at 12:12 AM, prettylittleliar_2214 said:

woa this still majorly applies to her especially in regards to reactions to her insta :unreal_omg_no_way_shocked_wow_surprised: