Is Britney still cool?

CharlieBlue8

Is Britney still cool?  

91 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, DMVofficial said:

No britney herself isn't cool, but cool people liking britney can make her cool 

just last night i wore my britney hoodie from UO to a kickback and this guy i just met said something like "hahah nice sweater man 'it's britney *****' that's tight"

Hide contents

i just called myself cool :cigney:

You're cooler than cool, you're the coolest :carpoolney:

As a public persona, she was only "cool" in 2000, only because she was on top of the world. It was always "lame" to like her. 

As a person though, she was a cool chick up to 2007. She was fun and laid back. Kinda like Rihanna now.

From 2008 onwards, she's just lame and momney. Always playing it safe, predictable, and non-exciting. That's ok for her, though. She gets to live a private life after all she's been through.

Madonna, Janet, and Jlo all maintained their "coolness" even with age, so it is possible for Britney to regain that swag. I don't think it'll happen, though. She's just too damaged. 

2 hours ago, sunkissed said:

As a public persona, she was only "cool" in 2000, only because she was on top of the world. It was always "lame" to like her. 

As a person though, she was a cool chick up to 2007. She was fun and laid back. Kinda like Rihanna now.

From 2008 onwards, she's just lame and momney. Always playing it safe, predictable, and non-exciting. That's ok for her, though. She gets to live a private life after all she's been through.

Madonna, Janet, and Jlo all maintained their "coolness" even with age, so it is possible for Britney to regain that swag. I don't think it'll happen, though. She's just too damaged. 

I disagree, maybe Jlo a little bit, but Madonna? Janet? :janet:  Not at all. 

5 minutes ago, MC The Songbird Supreme said:

Britney was pretty cool from 2000 to 2002. 2003 is when she started being uncool to the GP eyes.

Was she really cool though? I'm not knocking her, because knocking her would be knocking myself (as she's my fave).

but I just feel like The Beatles were cool. Eminem was cool. Michael Jackson was cool. I don't feel like I ever remember Britney being cool :/ 

2 hours ago, Chaoscontrol said:

Was she really cool though? I'm not knocking her, because knocking her would be knocking myself (as she's my fave).

but I just feel like The Beatles were cool. Eminem was cool. Michael Jackson was cool. I don't feel like I ever remember Britney being cool :/ 

Unfortunately, she was hated from the start. And I think it’s mainly due to her ovetsexualized image as a young teen and lip syncing. In those respects, the hate is kinda deserved. But she’s proven herself time and time again. I think she stopped being cool around 2002. And then around her comeback in 2008 she had a big resurgence of popularity, and she was momentarily cool again. Probably because of her VMA wins. But these days, she’s not even on the radar of the young people. They’re too obsessed with 21 Savage and Cardi Q or whoever kids are listening to these days.  :jackk:  :imok:

Everyone loves a comeback and everyone loved seeing her looking beautiful and fresh after she shaved her head and went “crazy.” 

After all that buzz went away so did Britney. The media is so flakey and they truly determine who is “cool” and who isn’t and since Britney doesn’t fall for the fakeness of the business they all backed down and basically stopped reminding the GP she even exsisted. Britney only comes out once In a while at the start of an era or when she’s probably paid good money. She doesn’t do anything for free or if she doesn’t want to anymore. 

I would say no as it seems Britney just isn't delivering to her full potential anymore, so what talent and intrigue she had initially has faded along with the associated coolness. The nostalgia act is also majorly affecting her coolness as she dabbles in the has-been category.

Archived