Is anyone scared of empty seats?

MakeMeFweaky

I’ve just added up the total amount of tickets up for resale on the 3 main resale websites and for Manchester there are 710 tickets up for sale all of which cost upwards of £100 for the worst seats. Pardon my language but that is fckin ridiculous and ticketmaster is an absolute disgrace for even letting this happen. 

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, balmainxcx said:

I’ve just added up the total amount of tickets up for resale on the 3 main resale websites and for Manchester there are 710 tickets up for sale all of which cost upwards of £100 for the worst seats. Pardon my language but that is fckin ridiculous and ticketmaster is an absolute disgrace for even letting this happen. 

If you buy a ticket you can put it on resale for any price you want. How can Ticketmaster forbid you to do that if it's your ticket that you paid for? 

2 minutes ago, really really cool guy said:

If you buy a ticket you can put it on resale for any price you want. How can Ticketmaster forbid you to do that if it's your ticket that you paid for? 

Ticketmaster is scummy. They sell half of their tickets to resale websites before anyone can buy them so they can be sold at double and above what they cost. They also partner with websites like Stubhub and GetMeIn and allow people to resell their tickets as soon as they buy them so they can cash in on booking fees when desperate real fans buy them

18 minutes ago, balmainxcx said:

Ticketmaster is scummy. They sell half of their tickets to resale websites before anyone can buy them so they can be sold at double and above what they cost. They also partner with websites like Stubhub and GetMeIn and allow people to resell their tickets as soon as they buy them so they can cash in on booking fees when desperate real fans buy them

Half the tickets? It's like 10% of the tickets 

1 hour ago, MakeMeFweaky said:

Obviously Britney is selling a lot of seats. But a lot of the sold seats are from scalpers. Half of the seats in one theater are still being sold as resale tickets and with half the tickets having unreasonable prices, a lot of sold tickets could be wasted and then end up as empty seats:anxiety: 

Lol  surely Brit will laugh all the way to the bank 

Wow $330 for a front row ticket FL? I should have just taken a vacation there.... For the Radio City show I paid $613 for two orchestra tickets but section orch 1 so I’ll be all the way to the side of the orchestra row L so I have no clue how my view is gonna be. But not so concerned about empty seats bc honestly I’ll happily move up to a better seat if there’s one. :bang: like others have said I’m sure the tickets will sell, people are just being ridiculous trying to sell them at ridiculous prices right now. It’s still so early.

Why do sites like ticketmaster allow for reselling of these tickets? Can't they make it each tickets needs to have a name written on it, and there would be a 50 dollar fee for name change for the tickets, and as such the re-seller would know if they bought a 100 dollar ticket, they are not going to be able to earn that much money on resell (unless they of course sell if for twice as much which is kinda obnoxious price in itself)

The closer it gets to the show the prices will drop. People re-selling their tickets are going to at least want to break even they aren’t going to let the tickets go unsold then they’ll be losing money. 

I bought resale for the second Radio City show and now looking back on it I should have waited for the prices to drop but I panicked. My first choice was the Sands Bethlehem show but that one literally sold out in seconds and the resale tickets there started at $400 and I watched as they kept going up and up and a lot of them are at like $800 now. 

The smart thing to do would be to keep an eye on the resale tickets in the weeks leading up to the show and get them after the prices start to drop but before only the shitty seats are left. 

4 hours ago, CloseMyEyes1457 said:

Why do sites like ticketmaster allow for reselling of these tickets? Can't they make it each tickets needs to have a name written on it, and there would be a 50 dollar fee for name change for the tickets, and as such the re-seller would know if they bought a 100 dollar ticket, they are not going to be able to earn that much money on resell (unless they of course sell if for twice as much which is kinda obnoxious price in itself)

Thats what I say the only way to stop it would be for sites like Ticketmaster to not allow people to resell concert tickets. But that would never happen because they’re making money off the scalping too. They get the fees they charge for the intial sale, and then they get to charge more fees when the ticket is put up for resale and re- sold. 

Archived