This resale thing...

fuckit

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, pablitonizer said:

Didn't Taylor Swift did something last year to fight resellers? :ineedthetruth: I'm asking coz I believe I read something about it

Yes, her presale was amazing. It was specifically a fan loyalty program and u earned boosts in line by doing what u would normally do as a fan (watching her videos, buying the cd, whatever) and it removed all the scalpers who just snatch up seats and I loved it. Got floor seats on the field and didn't have nearly as much anxiety as buying for this Britney show or JT's. I didn't even log on in the morning for her presale. I think it was like 8 at night when I got off and still got floor field seats. That's how amazing it was. More celebs need to treat their fans this way

4 minutes ago, DoSomething954 said:

Yes, her presale was amazing. It was specifically a fan loyalty program and u earned boosts in line by doing what u would normally do as a fan (watching her videos, buying the cd, whatever) and it removed all the scalpers who just snatch up seats and I loved it. Got floor seats on the field and didn't have nearly as much anxiety as buying for this Britney show or JT's. I didn't even log on in the morning for her presale. I think it was like 8 at night when I got off and still got floor field seats. That's how amazing it was. More celebs need to treat their fans this way

Sounds good but it would NEVER be this calm with britney fans!

19 minutes ago, Sil said:

That's not their fault! Anyone can buy a ticket and resell it!

But not that many, or that expensive. 

The thing is at the end of the day, the artist is getting the money of the tickets, even if they end up performing for an audience full of empty seats. I believe they must be aware of the situation, but I don't know how much they really care to change it.

Did POM in Vegas have this situation of resellers as well? 

1 hour ago, Mario said:

It’s so crazy. Hopefully tickets go down in price closer to the show date. 

They almost always do. Typically I wait until literally hours before the show when people are desperate to get rid of them and drop the prices. When I saw Janet a couple years back I paid less than $40 for two tickets.

Archived