About Small Venues..don't forget AMF

WorkBrit

Hey!

Looking at all the threads about small venues and changes to POM...etc...

Guys do not forget that full POM without BIG vegas props and super tiny stage was performed during Apple Music Festival in London sep last year.

The stage there is really small and it was totally fine :) actually more cool and much more intimate :)

The venue was Roundhouse:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roundhouse_(venue)

Capacity 3,300 standing; 1,700 seated

ap06.jpg

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, claug326 said:

This worries me because she has some shows in arenas and like the next day a small theater. I don't see how that works.

Here in Mexico most acts have like different versions of their shows: for theaters, for big stadiums and what is called "palenque" which is a super small, circular stage where no prop fits. But that is planned since the beginning.

Knowing Britney's team, they'll probably figure out something the moment they arrive to each place. 

The thing is, now she's out of Vegas she is likely able to use more of the props to take them with her. It wouldn't surprise me. Why waste all the props such as the WB ball, the WB throne/platform, the Toxic tree, the bungee jump, the Circus ring of fire etc. 

These were all stored in Vegas securely so Britney only took the portable ones such as the MATM walls with her on tour. Understandably, Things like the Toxic tree may be too cumbersome to take oversees, but I would love to see some more of the props being taken with her tbh. And I hope she uses a similar stage design to FF. Hell, take the FF stage! I guarantee it's in storage somewhere! Or use the practice stage from IABJ when she was rehearsing! All they would have to do is attach a stage backdrop with the frame and screens etc and it would be good to go!!

I swear if team B put the fans in control of some of these decisions and had polls on this forum we could have the perfect stage show replica of POM! With little to no extra expenses :flawlessbye:

1 minute ago, PokemonSpears said:

Here in Mexico most acts have like different versions of their shows: for theaters, for big stadiums and what is called "palenque" which is a super small, circular stage where no prop fits. But that is planned since the beginning.

Knowing Britney's team, they'll probably figure out something the moment they arrive to each place. 

I think many people here underrate Britney's team tbh. After all, it's the same management and nearly the same team she had for the oops tour, DWAD, TCSBS, FF, Onyx etc. They're A Listers in the management game. It's not their fault Britney is choosing to take it slower nowadays because of all the hard work she has done in the past and to be there for her kids. 

They've already been to most of the arena's and theatres on the list for the tour so they'll know what to do. Also, Larry and Adam manage loads of other artists like Miley, fifth Harmony, Steve Tyler, DJ Pauly D etc. They're definitely well versed in stage sizes and accommodating so we don't have to worry about that. 

Side note: This tour is amazing and goes to show that Britney is still relevant this far into her career. Her single sales show it, her album sales show it, her perfume sales show it and the GP opinions show it too. The amount of people commenting on my Britney memes on FB, Insta, Snapchat etc is unbelievable! Some called her the queen, some said they love her etc.

She will always have a place in the hearts of music lovers all over the world and when she's ready to make her proper second musical comeback and really push herself out there again many fans and non fans will be waiting for her. It's such a beautiful thing to witness :crying4: 

3 minutes ago, Pinky98 said:

I think many people here underrate Britney's team tbh. After all, it's the same management and nearly the same team she had for the oops tour, DWAD, TCSBS, FF, Onyx etc. They're A Listers in the management game. It's not their fault Britney is choosing to take it slower nowadays because of all the hard work she has done in the past and to be there for her kids. 

They've already been to most of the arena's and theatres on the list for the tour so they'll know what to do. Also, Larry and Adam manage loads of other artists like Miley, fifth Harmony, Steve Tyler, DJ Pauly D etc. They're definitely well versed in stage sizes and accommodating so we don't have to worry about that. 

Side note: This tour is amazing and goes to show that Britney is still relevant this far into her career. Her single sales show it, her album sales show it, her perfume sales show it and the GP opinions show it too. The amount of people commenting on my Britney memes on FB, Insta, Snapchat etc is unbelievable! Some called her the queen, some said they love her etc.

She will always have a place in the hearts of music lovers all over the world and when she's ready to make her proper second musical comeback and really push herself out there again many fans and non fans will be waiting for her. It's such a beautiful thing to witness :crying4: 

:sendinglove::tehe:

4 minutes ago, really really cool guy said:

I just hope she looks that good every night she performs. I don't want her to go around the world looking messy

She was really tired after that show + MASSIVELY jet-lagged. 

She literally landed in London and went off performing which shows her commitment to work!

38DE6FF100000578-0-image-a-22_1475052690

8 minutes ago, Pinky98 said:

yes, but you know, those were other times, with other budgets and purposes.

Those were shows that were planned for a tour since the beginning, taking all the considerations needed, including the differences between stages. But with POM they're translating a show that was planned for a small theater, exclusively the Axis Theater, and we know they have no intention in creating a "revamped tour version" of it because we already had the Asian tour. They'll take whatever they can take on the road and the rest, they'll just find a way to make it work.

I haven't checked every single stage from all the dates of this upcoming tour, but if they're that different, I really, really doubt they're gonna make a specific version of the show for every single stage, because it's not only removing props or screens, it's how the dancers are gonna be accommodated onstage for each choreo, and Britney herself, how are they gonna move around on the stage, how far, etc. I mean, that sounds silly, but even the amount of steps she has to walk between moves and such it's crucial because we know the tiniest mistake can trigger the biggest amount of twitching moves in Britney for the rest of the song, or she'll start doing the moves at 5000x speed.

I seriously doubt they're taking measurments from each stage so Britney can rehearse an alternative show depending on that, plus all the props they have. So my guess is that they're just gonna rehearse one version, for the smallest stage, and they'll make it work on every other place. Which is the most logical thing, I wasn't complaining this time about Britney's team even if sounded like that lol I was just saying the truth.

42 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

Oh god, I can only imagine Britney forgetting to skip some steps during her routine and falling off like a cartoon character. :idkney:

iggy-azalea-falling-on-stage.gif

8 minutes ago, Wiggle said:

the show didn't work in that small AMF stage tho, it looked messy 

she did the walk to the front - turn around and go back to the same place thing much more than she would do in a normal show :imok:

That was the first time ever I think when it was performed outside Vegas, so I guess in a certain way it was also sort of a test of the waters before this bigger tour.

They probably learned from those mistakes.

1 hour ago, Pinky98 said:

10 years ago maybe. :jfallonlol:

Archived