Glory Vs Britney Jean

IconicShow

Which album is more forgettable?

Glory or Britney Jean?

giphy.gif

Glory to me is in my top 3 favorite albums of Britney's with ITZ and Blackout.

Britney Jean we all know the controversy around the album and videos, same seems to have happened with Glory.

Work ***** has been getting promo for years well Glory in my opinion is a way better album most people don't know about it.

giphy.gif

animation-5.gif

Similarities

Both album era's only had 2 videos

Both album era's only had 2 singles released

Both album's started out urban and changed direction last minute

Both albums had videos that were cut to shreds i.e. Perfume, WB and Make Me

We got more promo with Glory however both era's were mostly spent in Vegas

Both albums flopped as did the second singles badly

With so many other artists gaining billions of youtube music video views, selling 1 million albums in a week and having hit after hit on the charts

where will Britney stand with album 10? 

britney-spears4.jpg

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Cappycorn87 said:

I'm speaking on current artst

Most current artists are working on it hence Nicki Minaj record breaking career as a female MC.

Adele selling millions and shattering records for years.

Rihanna very current continues to sell and have hits and just broke a record coming for Mariah's number 1's.

Taylor Swift, multiple million selling albums, been releasing music years and years now.

Many of these artists continue to build. 

Like others have said, WB being a 'hit' (if we can call it that, I literally heard it on the radio once...) is all that BJ has to stand on. 

Even though MM wasn't a massive hit, I heard it regularly for a couple months on the radio. Glory is def the stronger album overall but both are nonexistent as far as the GP is concerned. Sad, Glory deserves better:tear: (So did Alien and Perfume:anxiety:)

Never was it EVER stated that they changed musical directions with Glory.  Sooo idk wtf that’s about...

Glory is amazing.  BJ is just ok (it’s not as bad as y’all make it out to be).  The problem is Britney and her team suck **** for Skittles when it comes to marketing her to new audiences.  She needs a major era with big promo  and her face needs to be everywhere again.

To me, BJ is more forgettable because it’s the first time in her career, imo, that she regressed and didn’t try anything fresh and new.  To the public, probably Glory because it failed to garner any major buzz, while BJ had WB...which has sort of gone on to be a signature song of hers.

18 hours ago, G-unit said:

Never was it EVER stated that they changed musical directions with Glory.  Sooo idk wtf that’s about...

Glory is amazing.  BJ is just ok (it’s not as bad as y’all make it out to be).  The problem is Britney and her team suck **** for Skittles when it comes to marketing her to new audiences.  She needs a major era with big promo  and her face needs to be everywhere again.

To me, BJ is more forgettable because it’s the first time in her career, imo, that she regressed and didn’t try anything fresh and new.  To the public, probably Glory because it failed to garner any major buzz, while BJ had WB...which has sort of gone on to be a signature song of hers.

Pretty World was scrapped long before Pretty Girls tanked like Iggy's career.

The album was pushed back cause Britney wasn't happy with the prior songs and sound.

This is why most of the urban producers tracks were cut from the album and Britney got with other writers and producers and changed the sound and song direction.

22 hours ago, Chaoscontrol said:

Like others have said, WB being a 'hit' (if we can call it that, I literally heard it on the radio once...) is all that BJ has to stand on. 

Even though MM wasn't a massive hit, I heard it regularly for a couple months on the radio. Glory is def the stronger album overall but both are nonexistent as far as the GP is concerned. Sad, Glory deserves better:tear: (So did Alien and Perfume:anxiety:)

i actually used to hear work ***** and perfume on the radio a lot. make me had a bit of radio play but i never heard slumber party on the radio. most college sorority girls i knew would always play work ***** at a party or pregame. a lot of my guy always joke about how they have work ***** on their gym playlists. 

it was pretty obvious that work ***** was gonna become a hit associated with britney. i honestly think a lot of people just don't realize she is putting out albums. pretty girls actually was played on the radio a lot more than slumber party lol. 

20 hours ago, G-unit said:

I'm not sure 'cause I don't have quotes or something at the moment, but I think Karen Kwak once said something about how she started to work with Britney, and mentioned she had already recorded a lot of stuff, that obviously didn't make the cut, and it coincides that it was around the time PG was recorded, and with Iggy declarations that it was the lead single of B9. 

I really don't know who told us that, if it was Karen or Britney herself or who but for a while that's what I've understood, that when Karen came into scene, Britney had almost a finished album, that didn't quite clicked, and Karen introduced her to the people that ultimately made Glory, including G-Eazy I believe.

7 minutes ago, goldenboi92 said:

i actually used to hear work ***** and perfume on the radio a lot. make me had a bit of radio play but i never heard slumber party on the radio. most college sorority girls i knew would always play work ***** at a party or pregame. a lot of my guy always joke about how they have work ***** on their gym playlists. 

it was pretty obvious that work ***** was gonna become a hit associated with britney. i honestly think a lot of people just don't realize she is putting out albums. pretty girls actually was played on the radio a lot more than slumber party lol. 

I'm totally disconnected from radio, but when it comes to television, here in Latin America, WB video was played everywhere, including a tv channel that mostly plays latin music. Perfume slayed the VH1 Top 20 for weeks (just like Criminal). Pretty Girls, was so-so, I mostly saw it played on MTV. MM I only got to watch it once on MTV and SP on Telehit, and that's it.

To put it in context, IWG was still regularly played as far as 2013, and S&S too. 

Anyway, I don't think anyone from the GP can put any of those singles to which album they belong, but to be fair, I don't think they can relate any other artist's singles to their respective albums. I mean, I'm part of the GP when it comes to other artists, and I can't even tell in which "era" they currently are, or which song belongs to which album, maybe some of the pop girls, but that's it. 

Personally I think they're tied. BJ isn't as bad as people try to make it seem, but I do recognize Glory was better. It had more potential to become more relevant and trascend as a very iconic era for Britney, but at the end it received the same fate as BJ (which also had some potential hits). I'm pretty confident in a couple of years no one from the GP will remember or recognize Make Me... or Slumber Party, simply because of the number of views, compared to Work *****.

It's as if everything from S&S onwards were just stand-alone singles. There isn't a perceivable era or eras. Which is what makes me even more upset for the fact that they stopped the eras so early. For example, yeah, BJ flops in sales, but nobody knew about the album, they could've released another single and who knows if it could've become a hit. Nobody would've recognized the single as part of BJ and they would've thought it was just a new song by Britney. BJ nor Glory flopped because they were bad, they flopped because nobody knew about them. So she could release Alien now, or NTIFY or Change Your Mind or Better, etc, and people would think they're new songs because they simply ignore their existence.

1 hour ago, goldenboi92 said:

I agree! Pretty girls got some decent AirPlay here as well! All my friends who aren't even Britney fans really liked it. I dont think I heard SP at all either come to think of it...:imok:

On 1/16/2018 at 9:42 PM, PokemonSpears said:

I'm totally disconnected from radio, but when it comes to television, here in Latin America, WB video was played everywhere, including a tv channel that mostly plays latin music. Perfume slayed the VH1 Top 20 for weeks (just like Criminal). Pretty Girls, was so-so, I mostly saw it played on MTV. MM I only got to watch it once on MTV and SP on Telehit, and that's it.

To put it in context, IWG was still regularly played as far as 2013, and S&S too. 

Anyway, I don't think anyone from the GP can put any of those singles to which album they belong, but to be fair, I don't think they can relate any other artist's singles to their respective albums. I mean, I'm part of the GP when it comes to other artists, and I can't even tell in which "era" they currently are, or which song belongs to which album, maybe some of the pop girls, but that's it. 

Personally I think they're tied. BJ isn't as bad as people try to make it seem, but I do recognize Glory was better. It had more potential to become more relevant and trascend as a very iconic era for Britney, but at the end it received the same fate as BJ (which also had some potential hits). I'm pretty confident in a couple of years no one from the GP will remember or recognize Make Me... or Slumber Party, simply because of the number of views, compared to Work *****.

It's as if everything from S&S onwards were just stand-alone singles. There isn't a perceivable era or eras. Which is what makes me even more upset for the fact that they stopped the eras so early. For example, yeah, BJ flops in sales, but nobody knew about the album, they could've released another single and who knows if it could've become a hit. Nobody would've recognized the single as part of BJ and they would've thought it was just a new song by Britney. BJ nor Glory flopped because they were bad, they flopped because nobody knew about them. So she could release Alien now, or NTIFY or Change Your Mind or Better, etc, and people would think they're new songs because they simply ignore their existence.

i completely agree with you except the choices for singles lol. how about tik tik boom and love me down haha. both albums deserved one more single. i also think it has a lot to do with promo and not touring. i imagine a lot of the GP mainly didn't realize she had an album out because vegas was more of the focus. i also agree with you when i don't really know what era it is for other artists. 

Archived