Will the next residency have pretty much the same setlist?

December02

I HAVE A DREAM

That Britney will release B10 before the new residency

I HAVE A DREAM

That B10 totally slays me as much or more than Glory

I HAVE A DREAM

That Britney will add more Glory songs and B10 songs to her show

I HAVE A DREAM

That Britney will not lip sync to 20 y/o vocals 

I HAVE A DREAM

That Britney will totally slay with new choreography and excellent execution

I HAVE A DREAM

That Britney will snatch all y'all's wigs next era 

:kyliecry:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, I'm new here at the exhale. I'm from Brazil and even though we all might be a little tired of the residency thing and even being too soon to speculate about the setlist, I just can't help myself.

1.Since it's already confirmed, I can only hope that this new residency will be shorter than the first. 1 year or 2.

2. I don't think her or her team would come back with the same show, adding just a few more songs. She must be exhausted of performing, hearing and seeing almost the same thing since it started. But because it is a residency show, obviously we'll have a greatest hits show, and I'd love to hear/see new versions like she did with oops and baby for DWADT and TOHT, I don't care about the lipsync but please come up with some reworked versions (vocals included).

3. I think she needs a long rest before going back to the studio and stage, so maybe she would be more excited about doing new things. This is something I've been missing probably since circus.

4. With that said, My dream setlist for now would be hits + fans fav + medleys/megamixes + creative interludes using some forgotten songs

Something like:

Act 1 Princess is here

*Intro (elements of 'Invitation')

01 B10 2nd single

02 Oops... I did it again (remix -reminiscent of the VMA/Dwad version)

03 Hold it against me ( ok... She doesn't seem to appreciate this one but still is a #1 - maybe with a few elements from shattered glass :))

Act 2 The hits Megamix

04 Outrageous/Me against the music/You drive me crazy/Overprotected/Womanizer (with elements from Boys, My Prerrogative, Over to you Now and Cinderella)

Act 3 A fantasy island

*Interlude (with instrumental of State of grace and samples from Everytime)

05 Someday

06 Perfume/Don't let me be the last to know

Act 4 I put on Private Show

*Interlude (Private Show)

07 Slumber Party (new version)

08 Hot as ice/Do somethin/ 3

Quick interlude (********* dancing)

09 Gimme More intro (Coupure Électrique mashup) + Gimme More (original version)

10 Make me ( only dancing in front of lights)

Act 5 Fembot - maybe a whole act inspired in her BTI video, she would wake up as clone or robot but only to start a revolution among her clones and destroy the robot factory, including themselves as form of being free.

*Interlude (elements of Lucky )

11 Break the Ice

12 Born to make you happy (only the chorus  )

13 Work *****

14 Liar

15 Till the world ends/Scream and shout

Act 6 The Fury Road to Love - Inspired in the Mad Max movies

16 I'm slave 4U (Gasoline mashup)

17 Riccus

18 Piece of Me

*Dancers introduction

19 Toxic

20 I wanna go

* Fake goodbye

ENCORE

21 ...Baby One more time (some wig snatching remix like the dwad version)

* Speech

22 I'll be There

23 B10 1's single (something cheerful)

24 If I'm dancing (Outro)

That's it.

I think it would look fresh, special and cohesive and still very comercial as a residency should be. 

Yeah some singles she just has to perform (bomt, oops, womanizer, toxic, everytime, slave, work *****)

Other singles can be replaced (matm, stronger, circus, crazy, till the world ends, make me, slumber party)

And then of course there's the songs that weren't singles that obviously can be replaced (bom, freakshow, tomh, dywco)

I think we should expect 70 - 80 % to be the same setlest really.

1 hour ago, SeZo said:

why do people say she hates Hold it Against me song? i mean.. did she ever say  that..or you guys just assuming.. i love that song so im just wondering..

Well, for me 4 years of residency without performing it speaks for itself, knowing it is one of her #1's.

It could perfectly have fit into the first act I think.

But yes, just assuming :)

8 hours ago, pablitonizer said:

Absolutely, she only plays her safe songs :imok:

We won't ever see overprotected, sometimes, born to make u happy, from the bottom of my broken heart, I'm not a girl, My prerogative, HIAM, etc and not to mention the ones that were not single :leaving: and I mean EVER!

No not true she plays hits and songs she likes for example: bom, tomh, freakshow,  do something,  and the missy mix :wigsnatched:

29 minutes ago, Britman512 said:

No not true she plays hits and songs she likes for example: bom, tomh, freakshow,  do something,  and the missy mix :wigsnatched:

Not to mention the bonus tracks Up n Down and He about to lose me on the femme fatale tour. 

And Lace and Leather (Very random and fit perfectly)

It would be nice if Britney revisits her own discography because there is so much gems on it and of course she forgets because she's not like us and not listening to her albums 100x per year. I think if she was doing it she would find some incredible songs to perform and give a total fresh breath for her and for her fans. 

12 hours ago, December02 said:

Obviously, it's all speculation (that she's gonna have a residency in 2019), but I feel like speculating. My best guess is that it will be another "greatest hits" show of course with maybe 1 or two new singles that are performed. My question though is that since most of the songs she did in POM are mandatory, like BOMT, Crazy, Oops, Stronger, Slave, Everytime, Toxic, Gimme More, Piece of Me, Circus, Womanizer, IWG, TTWE, WB, is there really much room for her to switch up the setlist? I can imagine that maybe she might add HIAM or Overprotected, or remove Do Somethin/MATM along with a couple Glory songs, but not really all that much can be done while keeping it in a certain time frame and also keeping the fan favourites. Also, some original choreo has always stayed like the slave breakdown (it's changed a little but generally stayed similar). Do you think that will happen with WB? At this point, I almost can't picture her performing it differently. Hopefully we get a radically different show next time. Not that POM was bad, but it just needs to be different to keep people's interest.

She can have the same exact Pom setlist too, I don't care, as long as she has TOTALLY different choreography, performances ,remixes, prerecorded vocals, stage, production, makeup, hair, outfits.
I'm over that washed up popstar Pom ****

10 hours ago, pablitonizer said:

We won't ever see overprotected, sometimes, born to make u happy, from the bottom of my broken heart, I'm not a girl, My prerogative, HIAM, etc and not to mention the ones that were not single :leaving: and I mean EVER!

But I have to say that I was surprised in 2016 when she added TOMH, BOM and ILRNR and she also brought them at the BBMAs. So maybe she'll never perform Overprotected again (and quite honestly I think she shouldn't, it would be weird now that she's older), but I have hopes for HIAM among the ones you mentioned. And also for DLMBTLTK.

4 hours ago, SeZo said:

why do people say she hates Hold it Against me song? i mean.. did she ever say  that..or you guys just assuming.. i love that song so im just wondering..

well, she never really embraced the song despite being her last #1 lead single and the moment she could ignore it, she did it :kyliecry:

Plus, people from the set said she gone nuts & started to scream while filming the video, specially in the paint scene... body double was used for that (as in other scenes) :imok:

I truly believe Brit has songs that she literally HATES :bang:

1 minute ago, Dark.Knight said:

if it's a greatest hits show then those 2 shouldn't be performed :tiffcackle:

then she also shouldnt perform Breathe on Me, Touch of My hand or Freakshow,.

And if we are going by Chart posistion she shouldnt perfrom: Slave, ILRR,  Boys, MATM, Everytime, Do Somethin, POM, Break the Ice, If you Seek Amy, Work ***** or Pretty Girls.

4 hours ago, SeZo said:

They are just assuming.

Britney didn't include "Gimme More" in the Circus Tour and everyone and their mother in Exhale said that Britney HATED the song because of the VMAs fiasco and that she would NEVER perform it again.

An then she shut them up.

Archived