GP does not have high standards

Cappycorn87

Trust me they don't

I keep seeing some post on here talking about the GP like as if they have high standards to most things

Have you guys seen the **** that charts, and have you seen folks the GP makes famous nowadays

Some of you keep saying the GP will not accept the way Britney performs

If the GP can accept most of todays performers who can't perform to save their lives, then they can accept a vet like Britney who can perform and actually put on a show

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Complication said:

People have high standards for Britney because Britney set those standards so high for herself. The GP know how she used to be, and expect to still see that.

People expect Katy, Taylor, etc, to be mediocre, because they always have been.

I guess you have a point

The problem is that the general public will NEVER think of Britney the same after her meltdown. No matter what she does she will never live that down. Almost every time people talk about her they act like she’s still crazy. They just won’t move on! They judge her so harshly and many people don’t even give her a chance. They just start bashing her performances almost immediately and it’s like they are picking apart every little detail to find things to complain about. Apparently Britney is the only pop artist who lip-syncs. She’s definitely one of the only ones who actually give a true performance!

Yes, she still performs better than most pop stars and is an ICON, but I don’t know if she can ever be huge again. 

It’s very sad really and very frustrating.

11 minutes ago, jamesedward94 said:

The problem is that the general public will NEVER think of Britney the same after her meltdown. No matter what she does she will never live that down. Almost every time people talk about her they act like she’s still crazy. They just won’t move on! They judge her so harshly and many people don’t even give her a chance. They just start bashing her performances almost immediately and it’s like they are picking apart every little detail to find things to complain about. Apparently Britney is the only pop artist who lip-syncs. She’s definitely one of the only ones who actually give a true performance!

Yes, she still performs better than most pop stars and is an ICON, but I don’t know if she can ever be huge again. 

It’s very sad really and very frustrating.

She can be big again

As long as the music there then the rest will follow

3 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

She can be big again

As long as the music there then the rest will follow

She would have to sing live and dance VERY similarly to her old self.

The Slumber Party video and live performance of Something to Talk About did it for me, but of course the general public didn’t see any of that.....

Remember when Toxic with no auto tune leaked and GP was HAVING it. She needs things like that. She needs a good PR team a glam team and she needs to have strategies. She is just doing what she wants and that’s it. I don’t blame her but If she wants to be that Britney again she needs to work her *** of. And we all know she won’t lol

She just needs a good promo. You can’t say that the GP doesn’t care about Britney because HIAM debuted at #1, TTWE, IWG and S&S were top 10 hits; WB debutad at 12 and MM at 17, then it fell, But after the VMA’s re-peaked. In addition to that, MM went #1 on ITunes in 1-1,5 hours and Rise by KP was Still struggeling to hit top 5 with all that minimal promo( banners and stuffs like that)

No they don't have to accept a vet like Britney when vets like Justin Timberlake, Beyonce and Pink and even older vets like Madonna and Janet continue to kill the stage.

But to be fair it's not so much that Britney is lip synching. It's that she is lipping to slow cuts like Make Me. No current star blatantly lip synchs slow tempo songs. It's tragic to watch. 

Even from NYE, I don't think Work ***** got anywhere near as bad a reception as Toxic. It was because of that horrid, slowed down, obviously lipped intro.

Until Britney sings live, she shouldn't perform or release slow material  :sneer:

1 minute ago, ITZFFGL said:

No they don't have to accept a vet like Britney when vets like Justin Timberlake, Beyonce and Pink and even older vets like Madonna and Janet continue to kill the stage.

But to be fair it's not so much that Britney is lip synching. It's that she is lipping to slow cuts like Make Me. No current star blatantly lip synchs slow tempo songs. It's tragic to watch. 

Even from NYE, I don't think Work ***** got anywhere near as bad a reception as Toxic. It was because of that horrid, slowed down, obviously lipped intro.

Until Britney sings live, she shouldn't perform or release slow material  :sneer:

Justin Timberlake has never killed it on stage

He's average at best

24 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

Justin Timberlake has never killed it on stage

He's average at best

Stop hating. Not only does he execute choreography well, he actually sings live and sometimes just gives a vocal performance. Can't Stop The Feeling at the Oscars was his most recent critically acclaimed performance. I don't know what you qualify as "killing it" but live performers will always be more respected and well received. Britney would never be asked to appear at the Oscars. And he's about to do the Super Bowl. These things don't happen because of being "average".

3 minutes ago, ITZFFGL said:

Stop hating. Not only does he execute choreography well, he actually sings live and sometimes just gives a vocal performance. Can't Stop The Feeling at the Oscars was his most recent critically acclaimed performance. I don't know what you qualify as "killing it" but live performers will always be more respected and well received. Britney would never be asked to appear at the Oscars. And he's about to do the Super Bowl. These things don't happen because of being "average".

That oscars performance was garbage

Had Britney performed like that then most would drag her

Britney not checking for the Oscars

1. Britney has set high standards for herself. She used to put on amazing performances that you simply can't watch and be delusional enough to say her dancing wasn't great

2. Lip syncing to mid-tempos, ballads, and when the choreography isn't good isn't something that only the GP don't accept, even the fans have had enough of it, at least a lot of them have. Back then she not only danced well, she also used to sing more often that she does now. Unlike many of you who think of Britney as just a "performer", some us know her potential and know she can sing which is why it's not acceptable to lip sync an entire show for 4 years

3. I don't see anything offensive about wanting her to succeed on the charts, it's a good thing and every artist want that, even Britney. If she's not able to even get a #1 album that means the fanbase is getting smaller, and instead of trying to defend that we should look at it as a problem because it is.

And no, before anyone assumes.. I still love Glory regardless of the charts, so I don't really care about that, but if we're going to complain about people hating on her + why albums/songs flopped and discuss it here then we can't be delusional and overly defensive about the situation and act like Britney can't do no wrong :sneer:

3 hours ago, avaaa said:

Remember when Toxic with no auto tune leaked and GP was HAVING it. She needs things like that. She needs a good PR team a glam team and she needs to have strategies. She is just doing what she wants and that’s it. I don’t blame her but If she wants to be that Britney again she needs to work her *** of. And we all know she won’t lol

She also went viral-ish for Something TT About

and then she did a horrible nasal babyvoice version of Elvis

Archived