Honestly it's make or break time

Black_Out

This is make or break it time. Vegas was great for her personal growth and now she needs to show the world that she's back to being that fun relatable pop star. The X Factor and FF era really did a number on her public perception. She's slowly regained some respect back in the past year with all the music festival performances. You can tell just by the fact that her IG is getting more likes than ever. All she needs to do is make an album and promote the actual album. Didn't she just sell out one of her biggest venues last year with Asia? That should speak for itself. People are here for Brit, they just need to know next time around that she has an album out They need to stop treating her like a vet and more like a current pop star legend. I never understood if Vegas was used as a vet spot to settle down or change the game for young stars. Four years is so short in perspective but she needs another huge bang. The world is ready now.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Black_Out said:

This is make or break it time. Vegas was great for her personal growth and now she needs to show the world that she's back to being that fun relatable pop star. The X Factor and FF era really did a number on her public perception. She's slowly regained some respect back in the past year with all the music festival performances. You can tell just by the fact that her IG is getting more likes than ever.

:tiffcackle:

7 minutes ago, britney_rocks said:

It’s been make or break time since VMA 2007. The Circus ERA was a nice surprise, but all just went downhill from there.

For us, fans, maybe, for GP? Not really.

Femme Fatale had 3 big hits, she was everywhere, her songs were played in clubs and so on.

Scream & Shout was a monster hit, it reigned for more than a year and younger generation still know the line "It's Britney, *****" only because of that song - embarrassing really, but it's a fact.

Work ***** started slow but by now it became one of her signature hits and many people recognize the tagline, whether they are fans or not.

BBMA 2016 performance was greatly accepted too - there were still many critics about her lipsyncing but I think most of the people were happy for her and really saw the progress.

I'd even say that MM was a great start too - G-Eazy was a good choice since the GP like him and the song was way more mature and different than her most known singles. Imagine what would it do with the original video.

Now that's just my opinion, but I think I'm not that far from the truth?

15 minutes ago, TheCharmedTributes1 said:

Femme Fatale had 3 big hits, she was everywhere, her songs were played in clubs and so on.

Scream & Shout was a monster hit, it reigned for more than a year and younger generation still know the line "It's Britney, *****" only because of that song - embarrassing really, but it's a fact.

Work ***** started slow but by now it became one of her signature hits and many people recognize the tagline, whether they are fans or not.

BBMA 2016 performance was greatly accepted too - there were still many critics about her lipsyncing but I think most of the people were happy for her and really saw the progress.

I'd even say that MM was a great start too - G-Eazy was a good choice since the GP like him and the song was way more mature and different than her most known singles. Imagine what would it do with the original video.

HOnestly, I think you may be a bit far off. Most people in the US didn't even know she had a new CD recently, let alone in teh rest of the world. Europe thinks she's still 'crazy'...She needs a monster era. 

14 minutes ago, TheCharmedTributes1 said:

Glory was aiming to be an incredible era. The Private Show commercial shocked the world, and then 'Make Me' was kind of a reinvention for her. She ruined it all with the music video though, even her fans weren't here for it. The VMAs performance was good, but after the Beyonce mini-concert, who would talk about it? And then they give up I guess. 

7 minutes ago, car said:

HOnestly, I think you may be a bit far off. Most people in the US didn't even know she had a new CD recently, let alone in teh rest of the world. Europe thinks she's still 'crazy'...She needs a monster era. 

Like I said, about the MM I think that's just how I think about the whole situation. But you're wrong about the Europe - S&S was big here. I live in Europe and Britney is practically NEVER played in clubs and so, cause she's not considered "cool", but S&S was on the radio like every hour and the clubs blasted it all of the time. I went out in November last year and the first song that I heard in the most popular club here was S&S remix :wigsnatched:

And about the "crazy" image ... That will always stick, sadly. But that's just because people are like that, wanting to see only the bad. You can't change that. As sad and tragic as that time of her life was, the umbrella incident and shaving her head are probably the most iconic things she did after her music and performances.

10 minutes ago, I am Max. said:

Glory was aiming to be an incredible era. The Private Show commercial shocked the world, and then 'Make Me' was kind of a reinvention for her. She ruined it all with the music video though, even her fans weren't here for it. The VMAs performance was good, but after the Beyonce mini-concert, who would talk about it? And then they give up I guess. 

Totally agree. VMAs were disaster. Such a missed opportunity to do something bigger and worth talking about ...

I think the make or break will be how she handles her 20th Aniversary. She is either going go all out our for it and I mean the whole works smashing album, huge promotion, Epic tv peromances, Live singing ‘she needs do this to save her reputation there’s no excuse for her to lip sync in this day and age.

If however she treats its like her past albums then it’s just going to be a letdown. She might just see her albums as just work and just doing it for the fans but at least try and make this something special for the whole world it’s 20 years! It’s a huge landmark to reach for any artist these days especially someone who debut in the late 90’s. 

She is a music icon and she needs to show the world why she has made it this far. 

I know this is just me hoping but I really want her to be huge again :sobbing:

24 minutes ago, TheCharmedTributes1 said:

Like I said, about the MM I think that's just how I think about the whole situation. But you're wrong about the Europe - S&S was big here. I live in Europe and Britney is practically NEVER played in clubs and so, cause she's not considered "cool", but S&S was on the radio like every hour and the clubs blasted it all of the time. I went out in November last year and the first song that I heard in the most popular club here was S&S remix :wigsnatched:

And about the "crazy" image ... That will always stick, sadly. But that's just because people are like that, wanting to see only the bad. You can't change that. As sad and tragic as that time of her life was, the umbrella incident and shaving her head are probably the most iconic things she did after her music and performances.

I live in Europe as well and I completely agree with S&S. Was a HUUUGE hit in Europe. But that's been mostly that imo. Most people dont think of her as top of mind- but as someone old school who had that hit 6 years ago now....

12 minutes ago, Mr_Steven_Spears said:

I think the make or break will be how she handles her 20th Aniversary. She is either going go all out our for it and I mean the whole works smashing album, huge promotion, Epic tv peromances, Live singing ‘she needs do this to save her reputation there’s no excuse for her to lip sync in this day and age.

If however she treats its like her past albums then it’s just going to be a letdown. She might just see her albums as just work and just doing it for the fans but at least try and make this something special for the whole world it’s 20 years! It’s a huge landmark to reach for any artist these days especially someone who debut in the late 90’s. 

She is a music icon and she needs to show the world why she has made it this far. 

I believe her team will play it safe and won't release a full studio album but an EP this time. This way they'll assure her remaining fanbase won't have huge meltdowns and they can have a promotion plan that consumes half the effort & money of a studio album.  :tiffsmoke:

1 hour ago, Mr_Steven_Spears said:

Yes. September 1998. She better do something this September for Baby One More Time...

My wishlist: FREE CONCERT, BABY!!! All of her biggest hits in New York's Central Park. Or the Coachella venue, her hometown or New Orleans.

But yeah. Something big. She can't just ignore that anniversary. And there's no obstacle in her way at this point. The GP loves her. She can do anything she wants.

1 hour ago, Godney's Sweet *** said:

Glory was make or break and it broke. 

The next era is managed decline and y'all know it :kyliecry:

This. The album was great, Britney had opportunities to promote the album on award shows and she has the ability to slay if she tries harder. But they blew it. Starting with Make Me MV and the mediocre VMA performance. 

It's not a "make it or break it" for us fans, but for the gp, it's become much harder now, and to be able to:

1. get a hit single

2. #1 album

3. gain respect as performer/singer

It will take A LOT of work and we all know it probably won't happen. 

Mmm, not really. I think her "Make or break" moment was with the Femme Fatale album. After her breakdown both Blackout and Circus were expected to do (at least) fair enough to get a financial income for her and her label as well as getting good reviews and numbers since we all were also expected to buy that "comeback" story. But the FF era was that point of her career where she could either flop hard or do well enough, and she did it just well. :verycool:

I think her make it or break it moment has gone as from the BJ album because there isn't that much (not to say none) expectation from people to know or hear about her but her fans. To be honest, I hope she doesn't release any new album while that POM ghost is still alive and gone in its 100%

She she could do some buzz singles as PG (with better quality ofc) while she gains some attention and prepares for a worthy B10 era. I don't want another good album being ignored as the BJ and Glory albums were. :donewithit:

Archived