Does Britney still drink?

iamsodramatic

Just curious... I gave up drinking right before Christmas with my boyfriend and it's been really hard but we have made it 22 days so far. :unbelievableney: 

It was hard to give up our lifestyle because we are so social and it seems like everywhere we go people are drinking. It's doesn't help that my boyfriend owns a few restaurants around the city so there's ALWAYS alcohol around. I can't even imagine what it would be like for a celeb in Hollywood.

I know she still smokes, but I had read something way back about how she wouldn't allow ANY alcohol to be backstage at the X Factor. If she really has stopped drinking since 2008 (10 years) that's an incredible feat! :bigtime:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@iamsodramatic let me just say, congrats! I'm in the same boat. I used to be a HUGE drinker and i stopped drinking heavy in 2016. I have nights where I slip up and indulge but it's gotten easier. My current streak is 124 days (I think? Something close anyways). Keep at it, it gets easier and you stop envying those drinking around you and realize how much better you feel :) 

I read in the book 'Britney: Inside the Dream' that she's not allowed any alcohol or ***** under the conservatorship. Idk if that's changed, but I agree with BoyToy, it's probably juice in the glass in that pic. Maybe the rules have gotten more lenient as the years have gone on but I wouldn't be surprised if the pics with her holding a 'drink' are for show. Either way good luck with everything!

There have been multiple reports about her not drinking, like when she goes out with her tour mates nobody gets alcohol at the table. If she drinks at all now, she's not an alcoholic by any means. Even when she was messy in public it never looked like she was drunk (minus the 2007 VMAs and her late night partying, but I mean she was probably never a day drinker type). I think they just wanted to clean her up in general. Not hitting the clubs often, not drinking in excess, and vetting people for *****, so yeah no *****. She still smokes cigs obviously which isn't good for your appearance or health, but at least she isn't doing whatever she was doing (which I'm not going to speculate on because nobody has any non-speculative proof that she was on *****, or if she only had mental health problems). 

Archived