....Is Their Britney Jean

vdez83

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys got it messed up. 

ARTPOP and Witness aren’t Britney Jeans, their Bionics. 

Lotus is a Britney Jean because of the awful production and you know X wasn’t wanting to make an album full of pop bops. All the songs sound like they were done with one recording. Same with A.K.A., a messy album with poor production and overall trash. 

Bionic, ARTPOP,  and Witness are just bellow average material for their standards. Their above the Britney Jean label. 

On 05/01/2018 at 1:35 PM, Isla. said:

I’m not sure about Only Human. The album didn’t chart/sell as well as Cheryl’s previous 3 but it still produced two number 1 singles.

That's not that big of a deal because, before streaming, the UK charts were very fast moving and very unnacurate. For example, in the early 2000s, anything with at least 10 weeks on the chart was considered a hit and they had like 30 #1s each year. Going #1 in the UK before the streaming era was a matter of getting good pre-orders, which Cheryl was capable of becaise of her fanbase. If I remember correctly, the chart runs for those two singles were tragic.

On 1/8/2018 at 9:55 PM, ATWK said:

That's not that big of a deal because, before streaming, the UK charts were very fast moving and very unnacurate. For example, in the early 2000s, anything with at least 10 weeks on the chart was considered a hit and they had like 30 #1s each year. Going #1 in the UK before the streaming era was a matter of getting good pre-orders, which Cheryl was capable of becaise of her fanbase. If I remember correctly, the chart runs for those two singles were tragic.

Oh yeah you are right, in fact the number of number 1’s was kinda annoying. Interesting how streaming changed that completely. 

• 2 years later...
2 hours ago, BlackoutInTheCircus said:

Stars Dance by Selena Gomez would probably be her closest to a Britney Jean but I still think it's a decent album it just has some messy tracks :lollipop_britney_sucker_dancing_party_2012:

It didn't flop though did it? Stars Dance is Selena's equivalent to Femme Fatale in terms of sound (not success). 

4 hours ago, Isla said:

It didn't flop though did it? Stars Dance is Selena's equivalent to Femme Fatale in terms of sound (not success). 

Didnt she say it was influenced by Britney? 

On 1/8/2018 at 9:32 AM, Alex_1991 said:

You guys mentioned lots of trashy albums, but let's be honest: no artist (except Milli Vanilli) let another person sings the lead vocals :meltdown:
So Burundi Joaquina remains the ugliest piece of trash ever. :tiffcackle:

What about JHos tho? Didnt Ashanti and Christian Millian sang on many of her hit songs?

Archived