Britney: Piece Of Me Ending Party and A Happy New Year 2018 (Official Thread)

summer2summer

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

She was dragged because her backing track failed and her prepackaged whistle notes were going off, exposing her as lip syncing.

Britney being bashed for lipping is nothing new.

Which is why I'm not understanding why some on here would think such a thing would happen to Britney with the same reaction.

Mariah a singer, so that was not a good look to get caught lipsynching.  One does not expect a singer to lipsynching.

Britney an entertainer, so if that happens to her then she' still dancing and working the stage but we will hear her voice.  Britney would not just stand there not knowing what to do.

23 minutes ago, Diamond Horse said:

Of course I don't think I will be "genuinely satisfied" as in being delusional, I am not "expecting that much".

But what I can do, I can get fulfilled by little and be happy, knowing that there could be much more, but at the same time I can still be happy with what is and love /"love" all the same.

At the same time I still hope that she will deliver at least something. 

i wasn't really talking about you but in general.

7 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

Which is why I'm not understanding why some on here would think such a thing would happen to Britney with the same reaction.

Mariah a singer, so that was not a good look to get caught lipsynching.  One does not expect a singer to lipsynching.

Britney an entertainer, so if that happens to her then she' still dancing and working the stage but we will hear her voice.  Britney would not just stand there not knowing what to do.

Britney's been bashed for lipping even during her biggest performances in the early 2000's. Nobody truly cares, what she gets dragged for is bad dancing. Which hopefully won't be the case on NYE as the taping seems to have went well according to people in the pit.

She doesn't even do this dance break as well as she used to. She used to move her hips too (before she goes down and does the hair flips). 

giphy.gif

Some of the WB choreo is half-assed as well, she hasn't been trying these past few months. I hope the NYE performances are good though.

The reception will be fine; I never would've even heard about the Mariah Carey thing from last year if the media hadn't gone crazy with it, and they are way more forgiving of Britney than most other female artists (nowadays, that is; it used to be the complete opposite, where she'd get bashed even after killing it). 

I'm guessing the NYE show is mostly watched by older people, as the target demographic is presumably out partying. And the older demographic doesn't really cause a big stir about how popstars perform.

5 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

She was dragged because her backing track failed and her prepackaged whistle notes were going off, exposing her as lip syncing.

Britney being bashed for lipping is nothing new.

Her backing track didn’t fail, she couldn’t hear herself through the ear monitor to sing in the right pitch. Only the intro song, the whistles and the last chorus of WBT were gonna be lipped :kyliecry: hopefully she’ll slay this year :)

Archived