How long it took you to realize the Myah Marie mess?

joe sp

10 hours ago, ITZFFGL said:

I still don’t hear her and never even think about it other than messy threads like this  :sickofu:

Y’all really think somebody else sang a song with Jamie Lynn :NYcackle:

Its not a theory. Producers literally came out to say ''We didn't ruin the vocals'', producers who have got their hands on stems have said that there are sections of tracks that didn't contain Britney vocals, but other parts had multiple takes (Passenger's verses for example), stems leaked and are labelled ''Myah''.  The reason Britney had nothing to say about the album is because she didn't care for it. The reason they ditched it is because it wasn't worth it, and people were catching on. Isn't it interesting that, despite the fact that, Britney only prerecorded a handful of vocals for POM, usually adlibs, but re-recorded Work ***** in its entirety....TWICE! one for POM and one for the BBMA's. People have literally examined the bitrates and audio files to view the fluctuations in the voices, and can see that they aren't the same.

and then there's the mess that is the credits sheet, where they switch terms between lead vocals, backing vocals and additional vocals, depending on the song, as well as purposefully left Myah's name out of tracks, despite the fact that she's credited herself on her own controlled sites.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, ZephyrInTheSky said:

Yeah but Myah does not sound exactly like Britney, noone can replicate Britney's tone 100%. "My hearts never gonna be the same, cause you came and you gave me a place" and the whole bridge is Brinny. Take another listen. :sendinglove: It literally sounds like HIAMney.

PS i do think Myah is doing the bg vocals.

You're correct. No one sounds exactly Britney. The problem is Britney has never sounded like the majority of vocals on BJ, not before or after. There are sections that are undeniably Britney, Perfume, Don't Cry, parts of the verses on Passenger, but then there's the rest. There's the lack of vibrato on longer notes, the falsetto is different, the tone of voice is different, not as hollow in sound, the accent and drawl is completely different, the emphasis on words is different. All of these characteristics are gone. If it was merely one of them, then maybe we wouldn't notice, but as much as Britney can change her voice, she can't COMPLETELY change it that it loses all characteristics. 

We've all listened to TIG, and the bridge doesn't sound like Britney (the song doesn't but the bridge in particular. 

HIAM isn't the best example to use, because production took the drivers seat on FF. Britney is there, but she's surrounded by all the electro-ness of it. Vocal-wise, her vocals are treated but are still recognizable, but drowned in pitch corrected backing singers to give it more atmosphere. One of those singers is Myah Marie.

If you can find examples of Britney sounding like Britney Jean anywhere in here career, and Myah isn't featured, please show me. 

For me, it took awhile, I was so excited for the album, but from the minuted I heard Work *****, something seemed off particularly in the bridge. Alien leaked and something always stood out to me in the not alones, and passanger leaked, and the chorus and bridge always sounded different. 

Then the album leaked, and parts of it seemed off, and then it clicked with me.

I was in denial first but once I listened to the album more it was quite obvious something was wrong. And then when there were certain stems and remixes and it became even more clear. And then *Nick started talking about what parts are Britney and what parts are Myah and it all made sense. It’s just ******* emberasssing and I rather go back in denial but it’s so ******* obvious they screwed up with the backing vocalist having lead parts... for me personally Glory made up for it. I’m trying to forget BJ (minus Perfume, Don’t Cry and the POM version of WB)

also to the person who said when passenger leaked we noticed nothing. 

Thats not even true, there were lots of people claiming it was myah when passenger leaked. I remember cause I was in denial and defending it like crazy. 

12 hours ago, notacamwhore said:

Passenger leaked before the album came out and nobody was mentioning myah marie then or that it wasn't britney singing...the whole myah marie thing is a bandwagon I personally didn't notice the songs weren't sung by britney

Finally someone who has balls to admit it! I only think fans are doing this because they don't like the songs or whatever the fact (maybe charts?), but I remember them being all excited about most of the songs when the album was first streamed online. But you know, nothing new, just how Britney Army works I guess...

11 minutes ago, TheCharmedTributes1 said:

Finally someone who has balls to admit it! I only think fans are doing this because they don't like the songs or whatever the fact (maybe charts?), but I remember them being all excited about most of the songs when the album was first streamed online. But you know, nothing new, just how Britney Army works I guess...

https://muumuse.com/2013/11/britney-jean-track-passenger-surfaced-and-everything-is-messy.html/ 

Most of those vocals sound Spearitual — but a few moments, especially that high note in second verse and the bridge at the end, seem rather, uh, Myah Marie-esque (Britney’s frequent background vocalist/session singer, if you weren’t already formally acquainted.) 

and interestingly enough, I cannot view the original thread for the passenger leak. 

If you check other popforums, people noticed it there too. 

so you're wrong.

1 hour ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

https://muumuse.com/2013/11/britney-jean-track-passenger-surfaced-and-everything-is-messy.html/ 

Most of those vocals sound Spearitual — but a few moments, especially that high note in second verse and the bridge at the end, seem rather, uh, Myah Marie-esque (Britney’s frequent background vocalist/session singer, if you weren’t already formally acquainted.) 

and interestingly enough, I cannot view the original thread for the passenger leak. 

If you check other popforums, people noticed it there too. 

so you're wrong.

I was talking about the album. Wasn't there a free first stream on the iTunes before it was officially released? I remember people loved it. Especially since I waited to listen to it till I got my physical edition and asked many people about it and they all seemed to love it. I think I even made a poll.

So, maybe we're both wrong? :tiffcackle:

28 minutes ago, TheCharmedTributes1 said:

I was talking about the album. Wasn't there a free first stream on the iTunes before it was officially released? I remember people loved it. Especially since I waited to listen to it till I got my physical edition and asked many people about it and they all seemed to love it. I think I even made a poll.

So, maybe we're both wrong? :tiffcackle:

There was, but honestly, fan bases love anything their fave releases. Of course, everything is gonna get praise when its out three seconds. Its the novelty factor after months of hype, but don't pretend that fans looked for reasons to hate it, the fact that more and more proof (and that's exactly what it is) came out that Britney wasn't the lead vocalist on the main body of the album left a bad taste in fans mouths.

truth be told, some of the most honest members on this forum appreciate Britney Jean as a completely average-decent album by anyone  else other than Britney, but Britney's merely the face of the album, not the voice.

so no, we're not both wrong. To a degree, we're both actually right.

43 minutes ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

There was, but honestly, fan bases love anything their fave releases. Of course, everything is gonna get praise when its out three seconds. Its the novelty factor after months of hype, but don't pretend that fans looked for reasons to hate it, the fact that more and more proof (and that's exactly what it is) came out that Britney wasn't the lead vocalist on the main body of the album left a bad taste in fans mouths.

truth be told, some of the most honest members on this forum appreciate Britney Jean as a completely average-decent album by anyone  else other than Britney, but Britney's merely the face of the album, not the voice.

so no, we're not both wrong. To a degree, we're both actually right.

So it's a half full-half empty glass situation. I'll take it. :sendinglove:

And yes, I totally agree. I just think that if Britney actually recorded the songs, people wouldn't be so judgmental about it. But since that mess happened, they started to hate literally everything about it and I think that's not really fair. Lyrically I think there are couple of very interesting songs - Alien, for example - and I do think it was very personal. Too bad Britney didn't actually care about the album.

But that's the thing - considering the bad promotion and the way Britney treated Glory, we don't have any proof Britney was really that much involved into it than she was in BJ. It feels like she even forgot she had a new album out. But since her voice was actually there fans treated it like it was sth groundbreaking, when in fact - considering her involvement and input - it was pretty much on the same level. 

And again don't get me wrong - I love Glory, it was on pair on her best albums, but her treatment was as bad as BJ was.

13 minutes ago, TheCharmedTributes1 said:

So it's a half full-half empty glass situation. I'll take it. :sendinglove:

And yes, I totally agree. I just think that if Britney actually recorded the songs, people wouldn't be so judgmental about it. But since that mess happened, they started to hate literally everything about it and I think that's not really fair. Lyrically I think there are couple of very interesting songs - Alien, for example - and I do think it was very personal. Too bad Britney didn't actually care about the album.

But that's the thing - considering the bad promotion and the way Britney treated Glory, we don't have any proof Britney was really that much involved into it than she was in BJ. It feels like she even forgot she had a new album out. But since her voice was actually there fans treated it like it was sth groundbreaking, when in fact - considering her involvement and input - it was pretty much on the same level. 

And again don't get me wrong - I love Glory, it was on pair on her best albums, but her treatment was as bad as BJ was.

Don't get me wrong, I don't understand why fans use BJ as a standard for Britney in general now. I understand being cynical but she can literally give us an incredible album and they'll still say ''oh but this part.....''.  Its basis (A personal album, working with more natural sounds) would have been incredible tbh, it was literally Will.I.AM coming into the picture that ruined it, because any song with his name on it is iffy, and I honestly think that Britney just gave up on the album, seeing as she did talk about the original BJ being more natural and stuff (I think on twitter in 2012). 

I do think the biggest bit of proof we have with Britney's involvement in glory is the fact that when she spoke about it, she seemed genuinely happy to be working with people, which is what made the album different to FF and BJ. Do I think Britney sounding involved is enough? no, we sitll need music (and glory gave us good music!). 

I do think, it came down to promotional plans and a messy team, I don't know why, she seemed really invested in it at first and then stopped.

15 hours ago, LostInAnImage said:

I didn't know who Myah Marie was or anything, but when I first listened to BJ, I immediately realized the second verse of "Body Ache" wasn't Britney's voice. It was a pretty jarring shift. Then, nothing else stood out to me until "Passenger," when I heard that ridiculous sustained note. I've been a fan since 1998, and it was painfully obvious that wasn't Britney either.

I still don't know what the full extent of Myah Marie's contribution was, because I didn't like the album enough as a whole to keep listening and dissecting it. For me, BJ is essentially "Don't Cry" and "Hold on Tight"; I actually really like both songs, and they sound like Britney to me. The only other tracks I haven't deleted from my digital copy are "Work *****," "Perfume," and "Till It's Gone," and I listen to WB only when working out, and the other two infrequently.

15 hours ago, breaktheiceofmrv said:

I definitely didn't realize it was someone else for a long time.I thought she was sick or someting in some sessions and sounded different :verycool:

I relate to that. I was way too naive to think someone else would be singing instead of Brit, but some of the songs, especially Passenger surprised me in a "oh Brit never sings like this" kinda way. I liked too much some of the songs (Alien, Passenger) to be able to face the fact that Brit was not singing. 

It took me until this year to face the truth, so 4 years. I needed the forum to hear about MM and to face that this album is not entirely hers. Seems clear now.

I so deeply wish the end of Brit conservatorship + 1h documentary discussion with Oprah where she tells everything and starts a new career, mic in hand singing country music (or anything she likes, I actually don't care if I don't like her music anymore, i just want her at her full potential). 

When I first heard Work ***** I was like, "her voice sounds different", but I really liked the song and I just thought that they put a lot of autotune to her voice.

However when I first heard Passenger, I found that her voice was "off" at times, like different but not in a good way. Thankfully I wasn't the only one thinking that so I research a little bit and found about the Myah situation.

13 hours ago, ZephyrInTheSky said:

Yeah but Myah does not sound exactly like Britney, noone can replicate Britney's tone 100%. "My hearts never gonna be the same, cause you came and you gave me a place" and the whole bridge is Brinny. Take another listen. :sendinglove: It literally sounds like HIAMney.

PS i do think Myah is doing the bg vocals.

"My heart's never gonna" is effectively Britney, but the other things that you mentionned is sung by Myah.

15 hours ago, LostInAnImage said:

I didn't know who Myah Marie was or anything, but when I first listened to BJ, I immediately realized the second verse of "Body Ache" wasn't Britney's voice. It was a pretty jarring shift. Then, nothing else stood out to me until "Passenger," when I heard that ridiculous sustained note. I've been a fan since 1998, and it was painfully obvious that wasn't Britney either.

I still don't know what the full extent of Myah Marie's contribution was, because I didn't like the album enough as a whole to keep listening and dissecting it. For me, BJ is essentially "Don't Cry" and "Hold on Tight"; I actually really like both songs, and they sound like Britney to me. The only other tracks I haven't deleted from my digital copy are "Work *****," "Perfume," and "Till It's Gone," and I listen to WB only when working out, and the other two infrequently.

Maybe that can help ;) :

9 hours ago, storm said:

Alien - It's mainly Britney especially on the verses but the really long held out notes and the "not alone's" are Myah

Work ***** - definitely a combo of the two voices which is most prominent near the end where she says "and higher" repeatedly

Perfume - all Britney

It Should Be Easy - there's so much autotune it doesn't even matter

Tik Tik Boom - I really don't know but everytime she starts pronouncing a word it sounds really weird which makes me think it may be a lot of Myah

Body Ache - so much Myah

Til It's Gone - I think this one is a blend of both their voices

Passenger - first verse and choruses sound like a bit more Britney than Myah but the second verse has a lotta Myah

Chillin With You - Myah's noticeable on the chorus a lotttt

Don't Cry - all Britney

Brightest Morning Star - the verses are Britney but the chorus is a mix

Hold on Tight - mostly Brit but maybe a little Myah on the bridge

Now That I Found You - Brit is on the verses / pre-chorus but it's Myah on the chorus

Some corrections/informations:

Alien: By the really long held out notes, you mean the "take me home"s right?

Work *****: Actually Britney doesn't sing on most of the song, you can only hear her on the left channel after the bridge.

It Should Be Easy: The bridge is sung by Myah, the rest is Britney/will.i.am.

Tik Tik Boom: All the ad-libs during the final chorus are by Myah and a very few words throughout the song as well ("You've got a" at the very beginning and "thing" during the pre-choruses).

Body Ache: actually all Myah.

Passenger: Second verse is Myah starting at "My copilot yeah that's right". Myah is also present on the first verse, singing "(hand)over the keys". The choruses and bridge are sung by Myah as well.

Chillin' With You: Britney is actually singing only a very few words: the "You"s at the beginnning, the "'bout a thing" that are sung in a lower key, and the ad-libs during the bridge.

Brightest Morning Star: Chorus's leads are actually all sung by Myah, as well as the post-chorus (You are the light of my beautiful life, I can never let go, You're my brightest morning star).

Hold On Tight: Myah sings a few words here and there. However the bridge is mostly Britney, with Myah singing only the final line ("Just hold on tight").

Now That I Found You: The song is mostly sung by Britney, even on the chorus except the line "I am blown away" where two Myah voices play at the same time (the lead and the bgv). Some of the bridge is sung by Myah as well ("all my life i've", "for this day i've").

Archived