Britney: Piece Of Me (December 27th) Unofficial Thread

MakeMeFweaky

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, really really cool guy said:

every singer wears pants on stage. Beyonce is the only one that wears leotards throughout her shows. The rest wear pants, shorts, skirts, catsuits and a lot of other things. Madonna, rihanna and many others didn't wear a single leotard in any of their shows last year. It's not a trend like many people keep saying. Britney can wear pants and crop tops whenever she wants but prefers to stay comfortable wearing leotards

While I don't doubt that certain artists have finally evolved past leotards, I'll have to respectfully disagree regarding their continuing impact; it's arguably the primary fashion trend (among female artists) of the 2010's decade. Here's an article from 2013 complaining about the ubiquitous presence of leotards, and it demonstrates the trend's onset was in 2010: https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/3529904

Then in 2014, another article compiled pictures of the growing number of leotards that year: http://www.marieclaire.com/celebrity/g2344/celebs-in-leotards/

And now, eight years since the onset of the trend, they still remain very popular among pop stars. 

For example, just this year, leotards were utilized within JLo's residency, Katy Perry's Witness World Tour, and Gaga's Joanne World Tour. However, as you stated, none of the aforementioned artists wear them exclusively; they don't rely on them nearly as heavily as Britney does. Nevertheless, they've remained a staple piece during artists' performances for nearly an entire decade now. Personally, I would love for the trend to become entirely obsolete. But anyway, just a few of the leotards from 2016 and 2017: 

fashion-2016-01-jennifer-lopez-costumes-

jennifer-lopez-performs-at-all-i-have-re

83e09266c3dd5d022d946269e44720b1.jpg

4724b47e98535772dd69c4afac370511.jpg

best-gaga.jpg

katy-perry-performs-at-witness-tour-in-m

selena-gomez-at-revival-tour-at-staples-

selena-gomez-body-transformation-weight-

selena-gomez-performing-on-her-revival-t

C4C0dFNWcAAEo2R.jpg:large

3529EE1000000578-3637104-image-m-177_146

m_58770f4e4225bea26b0360ac.jpg

2 minutes ago, LostInAnImage said:

While I dont doubt that certain artists have finally evolved past leotards, I'll have to respectfully disagree its continuing impact; it's arguably the primary fashion trend (among female artists) of the 2010's decade. Here's an article from 2013 complaining about the ubiquitous presence of leotards, and it demonstrates the trend's onset was 2010: https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/3529904

Then in 2014, another article compiled pictures of the growing number of leotards that year: http://www.marieclaire.com/celebrity/g2344/celebs-in-leotards/

And now, eight years since the onset of the trend, they still remain very popular among pop stars. 

For example, just this year, leotards were utilized within JLo's residency, Katy Perry's Witness World Tour, and Gaga's Joanne World Tour. However, as you stated, none of the aforementioned artists wear them exclusively; they don't rely on them nearly as heavily as Britney does. Nevertheless, they've remained a staple piece during artists' performances for nearly an entire decade now. Personally, I would love for the trend to become entirely obsolete. But anyway, just a few of the leotards from 2016 and 2017: 

fashion-2016-01-jennifer-lopez-costumes-

83e09266c3dd5d022d946269e44720b1.jpg

4724b47e98535772dd69c4afac370511.jpg

best-gaga.jpg

katy-perry-performs-at-witness-tour-in-m

selena-gomez-at-revival-tour-at-staples-

selena-gomez-body-transformation-weight-

selena-gomez-performing-on-her-revival-t

C4C0dFNWcAAEo2R.jpg:large

3529EE1000000578-3637104-image-m-177_146

m_58770f4e4225bea26b0360ac.jpg

If it’s well made then I love it. There’s been some really cute leotards in POM but also if they’d just mix it up a little! 

12 minutes ago, DJSLAYZEE said:

If it’s well made then I love it. There’s been some really cute leotards in POM but also if they’d just mix it up a little! 

(And not immediately destroy the cute ones they do have)! 

Yeah, they're not all bad by any means, but I personally think pants & crop tops, as well as catsuits, are far more flattering on Britney (even though she can definitely look beautiful in any type of outfit). But I agree, the primary issue is the lack of versatility. One or two good leotards would be fine, as would one or two pieces of well-designed lingerie-type costumes. But as of now, it's just very one-dimensional in terms of costumes. 

Also, I personally believe costumes, props, etc are an important creative component for any performer. Doing the same thing for nearly a decade becomes quite uninspired, in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Britneylandia said:

She looked great and her body is insane but she could still have better makeup :mattafact:

Makeup can only do so much.  While i agree with you... its just bad aging.  I know people age when they get older but its like she is completely different person.   

Honestly. She’s embarrassing herself at this point. And I’m worried its never going to change. Don’t do choreography if you’re not going to do it full out. It’s as simple as that. She’s not singling live nor giving a **** about her performances. She has no excuse. It’s really really bad. Especially when it’s being filmed for millions of people to see. At least make an effort for the televised performance. But even then that’s not good enough, she should be giving it her all every single show and not stuff up.  She looks absolutely amazing. But no, she needs to take a break and come back stronger than ever. Or just stop doing choreo and find something new to bring to the stage that she actually gives a **** about.

It frustrates me so much to be Britney fan sometimes when she gives Shitty performances cause she doesn’t give a ****. If you hate it so much, than change it. The constant bobbing, the hair touching, the seizure of hand movements. I can’t handle it lol. We all know her potential and we know she can get there so easily.  But it’s all on her and it makes me really sad. 

1 hour ago, itsjordanbitch17 said:

Honestly. She’s embarrassing herself at this point. And I’m worried its never going to change. Don’t do choreography if you’re not going to do it full out. It’s as simple as that. She’s not singling live nor giving a **** about her performances. She hasn’t no excuse. It’s really really bad. Especially when it’s being filmed for millions of people to see. At least make an effort for the televised performance. But even then that’s not good enough, she should be giving it her all every single show and not stuff up.  She looks absolutely amazing. But no, she needs to take a break and come back stronger than ever. Or just stop doing choreo and find something new to bring to the stage that she actually gives a **** about.

It frustrates me so much to be Britney fan sometimes when she gives Shitty performances cause she doesn’t give a ****. If you hate it so much, than change it. The constant bobbing, the hair touching, the seizure of hand movements. I can’t handle it lol. We all know her potential and we know she can get there so easily.  But it’s all on her and it makes me really sad. 

I don’t understand why she has opened with WB for four years. For one, it just wasn’t a hit AT ALL. Second, it’s just a bad song, and the choreo is spastic/herky-jerky.

Archived