Despite what people felt about POM, it was what she needed

sarahbbyy

Even though I am glad it is ending, I am still happy it actually happened.

Some people might think:

- It made her look a has been

- It was the best excuse for her to be lazy

- There has been virtually no improvement in her work ethnic

- Her dancing and performing still suck or has gotten worse.

- She is still going to disappoint us when the show ends

I actually think the opposite. It is definitely bittersweet and I think that she can only go up from here. Whether she does another Vegas show or takes time off, I think that this show has helped with her performing, confidence, and overall happiness. No matter if fans think she will continue being lazy and not make enough effort towards or career and get better, I think that is exactly what the show has done is give her a fresh start so she could be back on her feet and get her creative juices flowing again. I think that whatever she does after this, it will impress far more than she ever has.

I am really excited with what the future holds and let's end this year with excitement for these last 4 shows!

:wigsnatched::sendinglove::brit::groovin:

:slayney::cinderellaney::hipney::foh:

:feelingmyself::bootyney::kisses2all::prettyney:

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

to begin with it was good for her because she did come across more confident but as its been dragging on the last couple years its made her extremely lazy in all aspects of her career. she is way to comfortable and needs that drive & competition back to bring the performer/artist we know & love. she has become extremely predictable. every era has the same outcome, she repeats the same answers in interviews every year, something is eventually scrapped, nothing is visually pleasing anymore & she hasn't evolved musically since 03. britney unfortunately, is just boring now.

It would have been great for only a year, or 2 very max. Just so she can be comfortable on stage and gain confidence and all, and come back stronger with a fresh new era, album and tour, but 4years was just too much, and worse is that they will continue that stupid show overseas. At the end it did more damage than anything and will continue to by pursuing the show.

I think it was good for her too :mhm:

However I don't expect things to change in the future. Whether there is a new residency or not, I think B10 will get the same fate of just two singles, maybe a couple of promo performances, a sketch with Ellen, some radio interviews where she'll talk about the updates of Pokémon Go, and so on. That, whenever she releases the next album, which I hope it happens before the decade ends, but at this point I don't hold out any hope.

At least she looks happier, healthier, fitter which is what really matters to her. 

I loved POM.

I think it served it's purpose as far as bringing new crowds into vegas, artists and viewers.

saw it twice.

I am glad it is coming to an end, hopefully new music is on the horizon... I loved Glory, i wish it had a better chance - even on the show itself but i can understand why the setist hadn't changed much as fan (I'd be really annoyed if new sections were added all of the sudden, as someone who went to see the show*).

I think the show did its job. She's more confident and can perform at award shows again, and she improved her dancing (even though most of the time it's not good), and we got live vocals twice in one year (sad but still we love it). So overall, it was good for her. 

But now she needs to step it up tbh. 

I Loved POM and I think it did wonders for her confidence but I do agree it went on for a little to long. However if this is what she wanted then I'm glad she did it. If she had to do a tour against her will it would have been worse. At least this feels like her choice.

I know we're all waiting for Primney here but no POM would not have brought that. The only one who decides if she ever comes back is Britney. And if not, I'll take all she has to offer now.

I can still critisize her but I still take something over nothing. that's how much of a stan I am xD

Even though I was gutted when she announced a Vegas residency. I will admit that I do agree that it served its purpose, albeit I really don't think she should've extended it for another  2 years in 2015. It seemed to give her some confidence back and she has improved her performance skills a lot. But I really do think 4 years is enough and for B10, she really needs to get herself out there again and do another world tour!

1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

I think it was good for her too :mhm:

However I don't expect things to change in the future. Whether there is a new residency or not, I think B10 will get the same fate of just two singles, maybe a couple of promo performances, a sketch with Ellen, some radio interviews where she'll talk about the updates of Pokémon Go, and so on. That, whenever she releases the next album, which I hope it happens before the decade ends, but at this point I don't hold out any hope.

At least she looks happier, healthier, fitter which is what really matters to her. 

dyingggg :gloria:

Good things about POM :

- She found a good balance between her personal life and professional life.

- She is more stable and appears to be happy and healthy.

- She is more comfortable on stage.

Bad Things about POM :

- She released 2 albums during that time but it's as if they never existed. It has damaged her carrer and made her look like a real has been.

- Repeating the same show for four years has somehow lower her inspiration and she keeps on trying to recreate successful things that happened to her carrer the last two decades.

BUT, if a residency in New-York is happening I have the feeling it can really bring something new to her carrer. New York is much more urban driven, and way more inspiring than Vegas. 

34 minutes ago, ralphynno said:

I don't think it's fair to say that when Blackout is so different from everything that was being done in '07, and then glory shows such a mature and different Britney :lemmetellu:

This fall back has become tired.  It's true.  Blackout has the most piss poor, low-budg quality production ever.  People just liked it because of who she was at the time, not because it is actually good.  It's one of those cult classics.  Only a select group of people "like" it.  

P.S. Piece of Me isn't over.  It's just moving to New York.  Mark my words.  Another year or two and THEN she'll finally be over it.

I do agree with you on that. It's what she needed so she could finally balance her professional and personal life. But the problem is that she stucked in her comfort zone for so long.

1. The fact that it is a Vegas residency doesn't it needs no changes from time to time. 

2. Ok, she might have learnt the lesson with BJ, but leaving and ignoring her albums the way she does to focus on her Vegas show is horrible. Why does she releases new music if she does know it won't be carried/incorporated/ in any of her music projects? Why not separate her Vegas residency from her music career? This is what I hate the most from Vegas and I have said this countless times. I wouldn't mind if she stays in Vegas forever as from now if she wouldn't ignore her music projects the way she does. 

3. Even though when she feels comfortable she needs to acknoledge (or her team must let her know) this is still her job. Yes, we love her and she's having fun and da da da but ultimately people are paying to be entertained and she needs to have some respect for them, to (at least) try to sing live, invest in her image as the A-list singer she is and give the audience a great show even more now that it isn´t a world tour, she's got plenty of time to rehearse and keep the standars where they should be. 

Archived