Question about touring

Lantis

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, Lantis said:

Why is everyone so convinced she is not going to sell good with her not yet confirmed upcoming POM tour? I mean, I think she would still do wonders as many remember her, her old hits, etc. 

because the show has been on for 4 years and it hasn't changed, it's actually decreased in quality

I'm not sure, I think with Britney it's different... most people feel for her as she brings back old memories and nostalgic things. That's why I think the tour will still sell great even without an ungoing project wich the GP is not even interested in, considering the latest results in album sales. 

1 hour ago, Lantis said:

I'm not sure, I think with Britney it's different... most people feel for her as she brings back old memories and nostalgic things. That's why I think the tour will still sell great even without an ungoing project wich the GP is not even interested in, considering the latest results in album sales. 

Well you could be right. Yes it is the same show as others have pointed out already, but the Asian dates sold out really quickly. Mind you, Britney had been to places in Asia she had never performed in before. 

Europe could potentially be successful because she hasn't performed there in years. It's too soon/hard to tell imo. If people are worried about her selling out arenas/stadiums in Europe she could always do theatres (although that does mean a show on a budget :orangu:

She did well in that Asia tour because she went to cities she had never gone before and (don't take me wrong Asian fans) those cities were not as big as other cities like NY, Washington, London, Paris, Tokio or countries like Spain, France, Canada, etc. 

Many people say she needs a new hit to go on tour and the truth is that a tour will eventually promote her music. When an A-list singer like Britney, Gaga, Beyoncé goes to a specific country /city radio stations, tv shows, and media in general promote them in their shows. That puts them in the spotlight and that's for free. Yes, Britney needs a hit,  but before that she needs exposure which it seems she doesn't want to. 

1 hour ago, BritneyIsPurePerfection said:

I still liked FFT tho. It had some story, pre-recorded vocals, good props and visuals. It was entertaining show. POM has nothing of that tbh.

I liked FF Tour too, I went live. But what I was saying was that FF Tour was promoting an album and it still wasn't sold-out so I'm not sure how a random 4-year-old show would sell unless she did smaller theaters similiar to the Axis.

Yeah the fact that the FFT kinda flopped and they had to cut the budget for it is kinda worrying... back then she was big and just out of a very successful era (Circus). Maybe many fans lost interest after seeing her live during TCSBS because of the lack of dancing. 

Archived