This is why I think a huge comeback could be very easy for Britney

jamesedward94

Many people, including a lot of the fanbase on here, seem to believe Britney's career is dead and there is no hope left for her.

I disagree.

First, an incredible song would do wonders. There are SO many artists that are so mediocre and are nowhere near as good as Britney ever was but have so much success bc their songs are amazing (Taylor Swift). A memorable song can truly make an impact and bring someone from the very bottom all the way back to the top (Blurred Lines, Wrecking Ball). You look at artists with random peaks of success after years of nothing and it's all bc the music was better and they released singles that defined them. If Britney releases a killer song that is extremely catchy and different than everything else out, she could be back on top.

Second, Slumber Party proved she can still make very good music videos. In my opinion, that video was one of the best pop videos that year. It was memorable and different than so many others. The dancing was good, the setting was cool, and the whole look of it made it seem as if she had been on top and never left. If she can release a video that good for a lead single, Britney could be back at the top.

If she just gets the song right and and can just make an amazing video for it all at once for a first single, I think she could have another big comeback.

Now, think about if she just does a little extra promotion and performs on a few more award shows and even possibly does an interview or two more here in the US. Britney can do it. I know her team is awful and the year and years of Vegas have drained the life out of all of her fans, but I know she has it in her. With a legacy as big as hers, I just cannot see her not having at least one more very successful era. It's bound to happen! Here's to hoping it comes with B10! 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, jamesedward94 said:

Now, think about if she just does a little extra promotion and performs on a few more award shows and even possibly does an interview or two more here in the US. Britney can do it. I know her team is awful and the year and years of Vegas have drained the life out of all of her fans, but I know she has it in her. With a legacy as big as hers, I just cannot see her not having at least one more very successful era. It's bound to happen! Here's to hoping it comes with B10! 

all seemed plausible until here

We know britney isn't really gonna promote her music besides one, maybe two, tweets and a bts photo of the music video shoot.  Her team isn't gonna pay the radio to play her new music and her new music isn't just gonna speak for itself like we expected glory to do if theres no promo

but I 100% agree that an outstanding first single (with good visuals) could rocket her into a (hopefully) successful era again 

She definitely could do big, still... But she's just not there. The only thing that could change things here, If she stops living under conservatorship and becomes her own person. That's what I believe would makes things different when it comes to her career.

Britney is a pro when it comes to show bussines as she's been out there for the past 20 years... She would know how to play the game especially now when she's also more involved and has a strict word when it comes to makes career choices and decisions. I believe she still has that drive deep down inside, I just wish she has that freedom to express it.

Remember during the Glory promo when she did Jonathan Ross tv show. People who were there said she was even talking about the conservatorship.... and it seamed like she wanted to, but then ofcourse  those parts of the interview didn't make it when the episode aired because Jamie is incontrol....

I think If Britney would have that freedom today she woud be very interesting as she went through a lot and she's very setled now and honest... I think people would really admire her. I'm curious how Britney would be if she would get off this conservatorship today.

truth tea: i don't believe she can have a comeback. she hasn't made headlines in ten years, avoids effort when dancing, uses large amounts of autotune which is generally hated by the gp now, looks nothing like her prime self, puts very little effort into most things regarding her career, big producers and artists avoid working with her, she shys away from doing any world tours due to hating being on the road which is an obvious part of being a singer/celebrity and she generally never sings live which is also very much looked down upon with the general public. the gp loves artists like adele and beyonce because their voices are incredible. if britney wasn't famous she wouldn't get a record deal with the voice she has now. she only has a deal because of her past accomplishments. 

I don't think a huge comeback is possible. Like she just has no factor that ppl care about anymore. The issue isn't the music. The songs on Glory were good. Make Me was a good song that was gaining momentum but the public quickly lost interest and, because of how she promoted it, she never got the interest back. She can't give a good live performance to make ppl care anymore, the visuals suck, she can barely talk about her craft in interviews etc. Like another poster said, nothing about her is interesting these days and her legacy is keeping the train moving. Until that changes, I think we'll be in the same place we are now

5 hours ago, jamesedward94 said:

Many people, including a lot of the fanbase on here, seem to believe Britney's career is dead and there is no hope left for her.

I disagree.

First, an incredible song would do wonders. There are SO many artists that are so mediocre and are nowhere near as good as Britney ever was but have so much success bc their songs are amazing (Taylor Swift). A memorable song can truly make an impact and bring someone from the very bottom all the way back to the top (Blurred Lines, Wrecking Ball). You look at artists with random peaks of success after years of nothing and it's all bc the music was better and they released singles that defined them. If Britney releases a killer song that is extremely catchy and different than everything else out, she could be back on top.

Second, Slumber Party proved she can still make very good music videos. In my opinion, that video was one of the best pop videos that year. It was memorable and different than so many others. The dancing was good, the setting was cool, and the whole look of it made it seem as if she had been on top and never left. If she can release a video that good for a lead single, Britney could be back at the top.

If she just gets the song right and and can just make an amazing video for it all at once for a first single, I think she could have another big comeback.

I stopped here.

But no, I disagree. If Make Me wasn't successful, then I don't know what will be. Make Me is such a good song and it fit into the trends of the music that was released at the time (so did Slumber Party for that matter), and it had G-Eazy on it who has been more popular than Britney the past year. I think the song had more potential with a better video, but seeing Britney release such good singles last year and them not doing very well, even with performances for Make Me and a great video for Slumber Party, doesn't leave me with a lot of hope.

Also, Eminem used to be HUGE and now no one really gives two ***** about him and he's lost his cool factor. He's part of the old generation now. Same thing with Brit. Britney's doing the same thing she's been doing the past 20 years, but worse. I mean her worst was FF, but she still lip syncs while not performing as great. She generally is not passionate about her career like she used to be when she was huge. I mean she didn't even sing on her own album for ***** sakes while having the audacity to call it her most personal. How do you expect people to become a fan of Britney and for her to make it big again when she doesn't even want it for herself?

8 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

I stopped here.

But no, I disagree. If Make Me wasn't successful, then I don't know what will be. Make Me is such a good song and it fit into the trends of the music that was released at the time (

Make me was good song, just that and it flopped because: 

1. It's a slow song and slow songs don't work for her because they don't require any hardcore choreography and when there is no choreography what's left? Live vocals but it happens that Britney doesn't sing live either so what's they point in performing a song in which she isn't dancing and she isn't even singing either. At this point those uptempo tracks ( DYWCO, Better, Love me Down,  Clumsy) are her strength as a popstar UNLESS she decides to sing live. 

2. The VMA'S were a great opportunity but the performance wasn't even outstanding, its music video was under average (for GP might be ok while to her fans it's embarrassing), a MV plays a huge role, LWYMMD of Taylor is a shitty song for example but its MV is flawless and finally the song wasn't promoted enough. 

19 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

I stopped here.

But no, I disagree. If Make Me wasn't successful, then I don't know what will be. Make Me is such a good song and it fit into the trends of the music that was released at the time (so did Slumber Party for that matter), and it had G-Eazy on it who has been more popular than Britney the past year. I think the song had more potential with a better video, but seeing Britney release such good singles last year and them not doing very well, even with performances for Make Me and a great video for Slumber Party, doesn't leave me with a lot of hope.

Also, Eminem used to be HUGE and now no one really gives two ***** about him and he's lost his cool factor. He's part of the old generation now. Same thing with Brit. Britney's doing the same thing she's been doing the past 20 years, but worse. I mean her worst was FF, but she still lip syncs while not performing as great. She generally is not passionate about her career like she used to be when she was huge. I mean she didn't even sing on her own album for ***** sakes while having the audacity to call it her most personal. How do you expect people to become a fan of Britney and for her to make it big again when she doesn't even want it for herself?

She does have good songs. She’s a VERY mediocre singer and performer but her songs are very modern and different and always have people talking. Yes, she’s annoying, and I don’t personally love the songs, but if Britney had songs like that but in her own style, she could be doing well. Her sound recently has sounded dated and not unique. She needs to figure how to make a modern day version of her old sound like Toxic or Baby and to become original again. She needs to stand out.

Yes, that's the obvious and simple answer. You put it very clearly. I wish her management would read this and apply it to her career! 

Better songs, the best pop songs! Accompanied with the best videos and release plans! Perfect photoshoots! Less photoshop! Less plastic surgery looks! More originality! More culture! 

Archived