Share Your “Piece of Me” Memories

ItsBraydenBitch

I know, I know...

A lot of you are thrilled that Piece of Me (or Piece of Me in Vegas, anyways) is coming to an end. I’m excited too and I hope that Britney takes this experience and builds on it in the years to come! She truly accomplished so much during her four years on the strip.

As thrilled as I am, I’m feeling very nostalgic. It’s bittersweet! I watched I Am Britney Jean last night and all of the excitement that surrounded the months leading up to the show’s debut came flooding back. As a fan since the beginning, some of my favourite memories belong to the POM era. Planning a trip to Las Vegas, by myself, to see my favourite artist front row on my birthday? You just can’t beat that!

So as thrilled as we are to say goodbye, does anyone else have any good memories from the last four years they would like to share? :sendinglove:

Please do!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ll go! I attended piece of me four times over the past four years. My most memorable memory was my 2nd time in 2015. I was on my way to line up for GA and as I was walking I ran into jae, Brandon, lake, and Dakota. I didn’t know who Dakota was as he had just replaced sohey. I stopped and took a picture with them and they were the nicest telling me to enjoy the Show.

Other memory:

meeting this older woman in GA who was kinda wasted saying I want britney to kiss me like she did madonna. And then took me and my friends hand and put it on her *****. I was freaked out.

When I went in 2015, I was in the pit, first row right in front of the stage where the catwalk starts. She was walking by and asking the audience about bringing someone on stage for Freakshow. She looked at me directly in my eyes for a solid 3 seconds and said "There's so many cute guys here, YOU are SOOO cute!" and my life was made. It was so ******* surreal, seriously. And it wasn't like she might or might not have been looking at me - I was right in front of her and she was 100% talking directly to me. I wasn't filming at the time but I'm glad I wasn't because I'm not sure she would have done it had I had my phone in front of my face.

I'll never forget that night. Not just for that moment, but the whole experience - singing and dancing my face off with a bunch of likeminded stans, being within a few feet of Britney ******* Spears. Was so ******* beyond amazing...

1 hour ago, naturalplayboy said:

I’ll go! I attended piece of me four times over the past four years. My most memorable memory was my 2nd time in 2015. I was on my way to line up for GA and as I was walking I ran into jae, Brandon, lake, and Dakota. I didn’t know who Dakota was as he had just replaced sohey. I stopped and took a picture with them and they were the nicest telling me to enjoy the Show.

Other memory:

meeting this older woman in GA who was kinda wasted saying I want britney to kiss me like she did madonna. And then took me and my friends hand and put it on her *****. I was freaked out.

Omg! I love this!!! Definitely memorable haha

1 hour ago, David Rose said:

When I went in 2015, I was in the pit, first row right in front of the stage where the catwalk starts. She was walking by and asking the audience about bringing someone on stage for Freakshow. She looked at me directly in my eyes for a solid 3 seconds and said "There's so many cute guys here, YOU are SOOO cute!" and my life was made. It was so ******* surreal, seriously. And it wasn't like she might or might not have been looking at me - I was right in front of her and she was 100% talking directly to me. I wasn't filming at the time but I'm glad I wasn't because I'm not sure she would have done it had I had my phone in front of my face.

I'll never forget that night. Not just for that moment, but the whole experience - singing and dancing my face off with a bunch of likeminded stans, being within a few feet of Britney ******* Spears. Was so ******* beyond amazing...

That is so cool! You’ll never forget that moment. And I agree...the atmosphere at the show was amazing, surrounded by thousands of other people who knew all the words to every song (and most of the choreo too!). Surreal!

I have been three times (I went the second night of the show opening, again November 2015 and again October 2017). So ive seen different iterations of it (1.0, 2.0, 3.0) ... 2.0 took the cake!!! Nothing special happened to me personally aside from having one of the best most fun nights of my life with my group of best friends, but she looked AMAZING (short bob hair, the hot body suit she wore at 2015 BBMA), the choreo was better (Break the Ice, 3!!!), her energy was insane and her body was peak. I try to black out my memory of October 2017 :-/

• Super Mods

Nothing wild happened at my show but it was one of the best nights of my life. I thought I was gonna be disappointed by the YouTube videos and exhale’s reactions but you can tell they didn’t actually go as being there in person totally changes everything. I remember at my show there were people of all ages, an old lady was singing along to womanizer and parents brought their kids with them. For being consistently teased and judged as a Britney fan, I felt liberated and comfortable in the environment.

6 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

Nothing wild happened at my show but it was one of the best nights of my life. I thought I was gonna be disappointed by the YouTube videos and exhale’s reactions but you can tell they didn’t actually go as being there in person totally changes everything. I remember at my show there were people of all ages, an old lady was singing along to womanizer and parents brought their kids with them. For being consistently teased and judged as a Britney fan, I felt liberated and comfortable in the environment.

I felt the same way when I went! I think the show succeeded in bringing people from all walks of life, from all over the world, together to celebrate Britney’s music and legacy. ❤️

Being the Freakshow victim. Seeing Britney's face 1 foot away. Hearing her actually singing in front of me (even if it wasn't exactly CD quality). Her whipping my *** and me being walked on all 4 by the Princess of Pop. And her speaking to me and signing a TShirt for me. Britney Spears saying my name. That will forever by my favorite POM memory.

I've been to POM four times.

It's crazy to think how much I'VE changed over the course of this residency...and Britney too, of course! Each time I went to the show I felt like I was at a different point in my life.

The first time was August 31, 2014. I was with my two girl friends and was totally single. We sat in row Z :awkblink: the second to last row. I remember a guy being walked up by an usher totally PISSED because he was in row AA which is the last row...he was thinking it was the first row LOL. I remember this show was right after her and David split and feeling super sad for her.

The second time was May 29, 2015 and I went with my roommate at the time. This was the first show she performed after getting her boot off after spraining her ankle. She had cancelled a few other shows before ours and we were SO scared she would cancel ours. We just kept praying and praying she would perform. I remember the night before we left we stayed up and watched all of her music videos all night. At the show we sat a little closer this time and a had a freakin blast. I remember us drunk yelling "ALL OF THESE PEOPLE ARE UNGRATEFUL" because no one around us was singing or dancing :girlwhat: This was my all time favorite Vegas trip I've ever been on. It was truly like a movie.

The third time was January 22, 2017 with my best friend...I was in a relationship and it was truly a test. He was not very happy with me going to Vegas with my friends but we had only been together a few months and if he wanted to be with me he knew he had to let me go see Britney. :lemmetellu: We sat a little closer this time and Britney looked freaking AMAZING. I vividly remember her Gimme More with the yellow top and green panties...doin my favorite bounce on the floor move.I ended up flying out of Vegas a few hours later to go home to my boyfriend. I brought him a Work ***** hat so he got over everything pretty quickly.

The last time was my favorite... October 28, 2017. Same boyfriend bought me meet and greet passes for my birthday. It's crazy because at this point I knew my way around Planet Hollywood like the back of my hand. Even the inside of the AXIS. I knew what drinks would be served...that the lines would be long. I knew that the countdown didn't mean **** because it would start late anyway :quirkney: It was all just very familiar. Meet and greet experience was life changing! I was in the pit for this show and it was the best experience of them all...where you sit MATTERS! I remember crying when I got my meet and greet photo and my boyfriend saying my tears and happiness made it worth every penny.

I know POM gets a bad rep on here...but I truly will miss it. :crying4:

I only went one time in June 2016 -- went with my boyfriend for our one year dating anniversary. We sat in the GA line all afternoon and it paid off because we were front and center at the corner of the front and the catwalk! This was my first live Britney experience, so to see her up and close like that slaying the Work ***** choreography was overwhelming to say the least. :wendycry:

The crowd was really good that night and Britney was definitely in the zone (pun completely intended :bcutelaugh:). She was so quirky during the show, making silly faces and she looked like she genuinely enjoyed the time on stage -- which made the experience so much more memorable! I swore she locked eyes on me during If U Seek Amy - so I got dibs!!

POM did get a bad rep on this forum, but I imagine many of those people are just watching the YouTube videos and making comments without actually going and experiencing it from the front row, which is easily a top contender for one of best experiences of my life!! 

Side note -- there was a small altercation with other people in GA because someone who got there later and was further back got really drunk and tried to push through people to get in front. She should've KNOWN that was not going to happen and got elbowed in the face, probably not intentionally. You want a good view, get there early!! :sendinglove:

I went in October 25th and October 27th this year. The first night I was in GA right, I arrived super late but still got a nice spot. I took a picture with these two dancers before the show started, I keep forgetting their names, but they're the ones that lift her during Womanizer I think, when she's all Jesusney.

I met Felicia and took pictures with her at the end of the two shows. The second night I had a seat in the 5th row, almost at the center in relation to the stage.

She looked incredibly good onstage, really fit and she's so small. The first show I was able to have her in front of me in several songs like WB, Freakshow, DYWCO, MATM at some points, but I think I only locked eyes with her during Slumber Party when she was far away. The thing is when she was closer to me, she barely looked down to see the people that was closest to the stage, she's alwas looking up to the people in the seats. 

The 25th she was chewing gum the whole show until the moment she had to blow up the glitter during Breathe on Me: she took it out of her mouth, and God knows what happened to it, because she never put it back, but she kept using her hands freely for the rest of the performance, so I don't know if she threw it onstage or it hit someone in the audience lol

I stayed in Vegas from Wednesday to Saturday, so the Thursday when I was walking on the streets I met Britney's dad and that woman called Robin that works with them. That was a very surreal moment, and actually I got more nervous talking to them than Felicia or seeing Britney in front of me. I didn't take pictures with them because I felt it was inappropriate and because we were crossing the street lol 

The night when I was seated in 5th row, I got to see Pam Chu two rows in front of me because her parents were there watching the show. Larry was also seen in the VIP tables greeting some fans that were dressed up as Britney: they were VMA's 2001, VMA's 2003, AMA denim outfit including a guy dressed up as Justin, and I think there was a Circusney as well. In general there was a lot of people dressed up as Britney in the audience because it was almost Halloween. 

It was the first time I got to see Britney and till this day when I look back I can't believe it happened. I wish I could've gone with my best friend or my siblings, but for one thing or another I ended up doing the trip by myself. Traveling alone was a good experience by itself, I had never traveled by airplane before, and I had never made a hotel reservation or paid for a whole trip myself, buying my own food, my tickets, I don't know, it was all new, a bit weird, but it all was worth the price and the troubles I had to deal with. 

When I'm finally able to pay for a concert ticket or a whole trip, she's ending her residency, so it's a shame, but I hope in the future I can see her again if she comes to San Diego or some place that's close to where I live. 

2013 - I got really excited watching IABJ. She seemed like she was dancing her best since 2004. The stage, props, effects and costume sketches looked amazing. She seemed really into it. Then she said she was going to be singing live on that radio show. She looked SO good from the WB video and her body seemed on point.

2013 after POM premier - I was so disappointed. It looked like her cheapest show. The costumes were so bad, her wig was so ugly, her body looked bad, she was barely dancing, she lipped everything with no pre-recorded vocals, only 2 new songs, the audience interaction was weak and they didn't do some of the stuff they said they were going to do in the documentary.

2014, first half of 2015 - Same, boring show with bad basic costumes.

Summer 2015 - She started getting into it when her hair was purple and green. She was actually fun to watch.

2016 - The revamp was amazing imo. It really was the best we had since 2004. However, it was really annoying that Vegas eclipsed Glory.

2017 - The costumes became such a disaster, the shittiest costumes she had ever worn.

Late 2017 - So damn excited they announced the end of the residency. I don't even give a **** about **** Clark's NYE or a DVD or anything. Let's just end this ****.

• Super Mods
18 hours ago, Born2Die said:

Being the Freakshow victim. Seeing Britney's face 1 foot away. Hearing her actually singing in front of me (even if it wasn't exactly CD quality). Her whipping my *** and me being walked on all 4 by the Princess of Pop. And her speaking to me and signing a TShirt for me. Britney Spears saying my name. That will forever by my favorite POM memory.

Wait...are you saying she actually is singing along to the track? :woopsie:

Archived