Britney should retire!

3Pney

2 hours ago, LBoggie said:

Ok, try saying "no" to your boss when he/she asks you to do something. Or try not showing up to work when you don't want to come in and see how all of that works for you. 

we're talking about Britney freaking Spears. she can be late whenever she wants lol not a random employee.... for every record label she drops are dozens of others ready to have her

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2017-12-23 at 3:29 AM, Kisle said:

The hypocrisy on this forum is astounding. “Fans” want her to retire or take a year or two off, but when she is inactive they get bored and trash talk her for not doing anything and being a spoiled celebrity that only cares about her family. 

Yet when she is doing something, if it’s not exactly what whatever exhale fantasizes over, they trash talk again.

SHE doesn’t need to retire, you dramatic types do. Go stan for one of those fame-seeking pop stars, Britney isn’t going through that bullshit again.

thank you.... ive never seen so many overdramatic people in one place, for real. I really dont get why some people stick around, if i didnt like so many things with an artist i would NEVER follow that person and be so upset over things. MOVE ON... watch the things you like and then check in once shes doing something... if your still not happy with it, why not just brush it off and be like whatever. :ineedthetruth:

2 hours ago, It'sSamB!tch said:

we're talking about Britney freaking Spears. she can be late whenever she wants lol not a random employee.... for every record label she drops are dozens of others ready to have her

At the end of the day, she's working for someone and signs contracts to perform at given times in order to make a living. If she doesn't perform, she doesn't get paid, or gets sued. 

• Super Mods
5 hours ago, 3Pney said:

britney can just say "no". so its up to her, too. 

so is her team holding her back from dancing good or singing live? dont think so. its britney. she is lazy. she is happy as long as the money goes into her account by just walking on the stage. the songs are not even pre recorded. she is signing over her songs she recorded when she was 17 yo. and she is 36 yo now. she is lazy.

Uh she can’t? 

Do you not remember she’s in a conservatorship? They claim she has personal freedom but that’s like letting a child pick their own clothes but it’s not like they have permission to go buy a car without consent. The Glory era kicked off at the right start and it was perfect until the promo got ****** up. Base on the bts of the car pool karaoke, her team is very controlling and treats her like a child so of course she would turn out that way. She still has it but how can you be passionate or inspired when your team constantly road blocks you? If she doesn’t give a damn, she would have gone the Katy perry route and just keep having Max Martin produce hits but the fact she wanted to go a different direction just shows she still likes it. She is a true artist, who just likes to create and doesn’t bother with the business stuff. There many artists like that but they got a good team that can back them up. Britney makes the product and it’s their job to sell it, how is hard yet they **** it up. People have been bitching that she doesn’t do promo yet this time she actually did with interviews and performances how is that lazy? 

People here are so dramatic. She has said in the past that she wanted to slow down her career and she is doing it now yet people are acting like it’s such a big surprise. I have no problems with her choices, but I only have a problem with how her team runs things because they are not marketing her well and keeps promoting her as a nostalgia act. That’s why she’s flopping. 

On 12/22/2017 at 7:36 PM, Mona Lisa 2.0 said:

People still buy tickets to this show and it won awards for best Vegas show, so she probably thinks that she's doing something right. :anxiety:

She was at first, she made vegas the new "it" thing. However, she should've stopped after the first 2 years. At this point it's ruining what she created. She either needs a brand new show with a tour or to take a break from performing, maybe release an album with no live performances.  She needs to reinvent herself as well, she used to be known for that now she's become a one trick pony. 

On 23.12.2017 at 2:36 AM, Mona Lisa 2.0 said:

People still buy tickets to this show and it won awards for best Vegas show, so she probably thinks that she's doing something right. :anxiety:

her team is probably buying those "awards" to get her the feeling of doing right and something great. to keep her.

On 12/23/2017 at 3:13 AM, 3Pney said:

If she wanna keep POM shows going, she needs to retire. :ineedthetruth:

she needs to get over POM.

POM is so boring. Britney can not even dance. She does not sing live. Her shows are not that entertaining any more. i do not even watch POM videos because they are painful to watch. Even taylor swift dances better than britney at this point.

instead of destroying her own legacy, she should just stop it if she can not even learn decent dance moves or prepare more entertaining shows. Whats the point of taking POM to europe? what is she promoting? her new music? nope. her upcoming world tour? nope. it does not make any sense. its not like that she is an amazing performer that will make everyone go "wow" when they see POM. :wyd: People will not even go to her next world tour, if she does one, when they see her POM shows. Its hurting her career.

i just stan for the Britney of pre-2007. thats the only reason im still a fan of hers. if she was a new artist with current performing skills, i would consider her as a joke.

i wonder if britney is aware of that she turned into a joke in the industry. :wyd:

You should retire :byebitch:

I still very much enjoy the music and most of the visuals (loved WB and SP videos, not MM or Perfume), so maybe that should be their focus. And I understand touring or doing a residency because that’s where the money is at, but maybe she should do less promotional performances if she isn’t going to give her all (I’m actually content personally, and loved the BBMA performance), and they can find different ways to get her music out there or something. 

This is the new Britney standard and it’s what we should be accustomed to. If it doesn’t meet your standards then maybe you should spend less time focused on her. No hate towards you, but I mean she’s not going to retire. And as for her image, I mean it’s already a 50/50 mix and isn’t going to get much worse or better, so why not keep going?

Archived