Melanie Martinez Drops New Song "Piggyback" In Response To **** Accusations

Jordan Miller

• Leader

Martinez uploaded a new song titled "Piggyback," a blatant response to the harrowing **** allegations from ex best friend Timothy Heller.

Melanie Martinez uploaded a new song titled "Piggyback" to Sound Cloud, a blatant response to the harrowing **** allegations from ex best friend Timothy Heller.

Earlier this month, Heller detailed her horrific experiences in a letter posted on Twitter where she claims Martinez ******** assaulted her. “I never said yes. I said no, repeatedly. But she used her power over me, and broke me down," Heller wrote in the note. "Just so there is no confusion, I was ******** by my best friend… she performed oral *** on me and then I was penetrated with a *** toy without being asked. That’s what happened." Read the full letter here.

Martinez responded hours later. She saw their ****** encounters differently. "I am horrified and saddened by the statements and story told tonight by Timothy Heller," Martinez wrote. “She never said no to what we chose to do together. And although we parted ways, I am sending her love and light always." Read the full statement here.

Heller hit back. She gave an interview to Newsweek and claims Martinez attempted to call her, but Heller blocked the singer. Martinez then tried calling Heller’s boyfriend and sent him several text messages asking to get in touch with Heller. In those messages, Martinez suggested Heller reach out to a “healer” named Raven. Heller found that “insane” and “condescending.”

Martinez wrote a message clarifying things from her standpoint. It's worth mentioning in her original statement, Martinez said Heller "never said no." That was problematic, because “she never said no” does not mean consent.

"I understand how hard it could be to see my side of the story, considering no one with a heart would want to invalidate anyone speaking up about this topic," Martinez wrote in on Twitter on Saturday (Dec. 9). This statement was also sent to BreatheHeavy.com via the singer's label, Atlantic Records. "I want to thank my fans who took the time to research the timeline, analyze past Instagram photos, and question the story being told, which reveal her false statements. I trusted so many people in my life who took advantage of that trust for their own personal gain. Please know that my intentions with everything that I do in my life are always pure and I would never be intimate with someone without their absolute consent."

Her plea fell on deaf ears, so Martinez decided to record an original new song about the ordeal. It's called "Piggyback." It very clearly references the ongoing destruction of her career because of the scandal. 

"I’m so done with playing piggy back Ooh," she sings. "Swear to god I wished y’all all the best Ooh / You’re lying your way to try and gain a piece of me when you could never come close cause I know my destiny / I worked hard for my **** / Put my love in this **** / Now you’re trying to kill my name for some fame / What is this / Tried to help you do your **** / Encouraged you to work on it / Was a good friend and you used that to your advantage."

Read the full lyrics here.

Listen below:

Thoughts on "Piggyback?" Leave a comment below!

And while you're at it... follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seeing that the accuser can't keep her story straight and is now dating a record producer who can give her leverage, I can see how people are skeptical -- especially because Melanie's career is blowing up. The song is a good explanation of how she feels at the moment and accuses her to trying to ruin her career, which I can also see.

I know there may never be proof, but I don't think it's right to ruin someone's career solely based on an accusation. 

Archived