The sad truth

Lantis

12 minutes ago, Britman512 said:

I think your wrong the comments from the non fans all see what we see even wendy williams co host sees it EVERYONE SEES IT. NOTHING IS TOP NOTCH.

Most of the comments I see about the show outside the fan base is that it’s an overall great show with a great production but the choreo is a little weak

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love Britney and whenever I see someone bashing her dancing skills, I get really mad and try to defend her. But honestly now I’ve come to the point where I accept it because it’s become too obvious that she’s really, really, REALLY lazy. People are paying so much and there are some who even travel from around the world just to see her, and she just gives them... that? 

I cannot make excuses for her anymore, even if she is bored of the show she could change things up a bit. If she can change the Toxic choreo, why can’t she do the rest. At least i can overlook it if the costumes and makeup were great, but it isn’t HALF decent. If I were to go the show I’d be so embarassed to post pictures, to think that’s Britney Spears herself in front of me. Still love her though, but just have to accept the fact that her time is up.

She just doesn't want to leave her comfort zone.  Sometimes it seems to me that she can't stand her own songs... because her songs no longer inspire her.  She need reinvention, plunge into work and creativity for something really fresh.

For many years her songs do not have longevity. + the message of her songs has not changed, she has not touched any serious or significant topics. All that she offers in terms of public image - the vestiges of her own past. She was more a legend in 2009 than she is today and I'm afraid that her status for the next generations will be even lower.

10 hours ago, ralphynno said:

Some of you are being real selfish. Have you forgotten all this woman went through? When she was 'Primeney', media had it real harsh on her, she was too much of a big star back then and she paid the price for it. I find it amazing that she has strength to perform and make music up to this day (even if I suspect she's kinda 'forced' to do it, she still looks like she's trying to do it right and enjoy it). It's already amazing that she is even getting better, fit, improving her dance moves and trying to do something different, for stupid people like you to say she has to be called 'fat,flop,talentless' more often. So just to make it clear: Britney doesn't 'have' to do anything, Britney doesn't need to suffer or to be called things any more. She has had enough of this **** in the past, she doesn't need it.

This post is proof that some fans will always defend Britney and give her a pass because of what she went through. You make it sound like she performs as a favour to people! You do realise she makes millions from this job and gains a lot from it, she isn't some martyr who drags herself on stage to give the hungry fans a crumb from her and then weeps backstage about how they keep demanding more from her. 

I haven't actually seen anyone on this thread call her 'fat, flop, talentless', she is none of those things, although 'flop' - yes maybe if you look at her album sales but I wouldn't use that word. She isn't fat, anyone who calls her that has clearly got serious issues. I hate body shaming. And my god the woman isn't talentless, that's why it's so frustrating to see her CHOOSE not to use her talents to their full potential.

And the next thing is probably going to annoy people, but I'm sorry, what she went through was terrible but some people have it MUCH worse than her and she's most definitely in a good place now, as opposed to say 2011. We can't keep bringing up something from 11 years ago and using it as a reason to treat her like she's made of glass and can do no wrong. Britney can deliver more, she just won't.

Guest I Think I'm Ready Now
15 minutes ago, HairFlipQueen said:

This post is proof that some fans will always defend Britney and give her a pass because of what she went through. You make it sound like she performs as a favour to people! You do realise she makes millions from this job and gains a lot from it, she isn't some martyr who drags herself on stage to give the hungry fans a crumb from her and then weeps backstage about how they keep demanding more from her. 

I haven't actually seen anyone on this thread call her 'fat, flop, talentless', she is none of those things, although 'flop' - yes maybe if you look at her album sales but I wouldn't use that word. She isn't fat, anyone who calls her that has clearly got serious issues. I hate body shaming. And my god the woman isn't talentless, that's why it's so frustrating to see her CHOOSE not to use her talents to their full potential.

And the next thing is probably going to annoy people, but I'm sorry, what she went through was terrible but some people have it MUCH worse than her and she's most definitely in a good place now, as opposed to say 2011. We can't keep bringing up something from 11 years ago and using it as a reason to treat her like she's made of glass and can do no wrong. Britney can deliver more, she just won't.

Yeah, she has a pass for her lack of passion.

I understand that, and I totally get why she is tired of being a popstar.

No one can be sure that POM was 100% her decision, and that she wasn't a bit forced into it. That's the same thing for her albums. :ineedthetruth:

4 minutes ago, ralphynno said:

People here didn't say it themselves, but rather mentioned it happened and said it was a positive thing. Here it is

He's implying she needs to be bullied / humiliated publicly to get her sh!it together, which is mean and selfish. I, like each and every one of us, want Primeney back more than anything, dancing and being #1, playing everywhere. But as a real fan, who loves Britney more than her work, I only want those things if she's happy and comfortable with all of it, thinking she needs to be forced or dragged for things to work is just ******* selfish of you all.

Ah I see what you mean, yes I agree with you then, calling her a fat ***** is disgusting and I could never ever defend that. Calling her derogatory names and trying to humiliate her into being a certain way is not the way to go at all. I'd say just people stopping going to her shows and not buying her music may be the only way she feels able to look at her performance skills and ask herself whether she's giving the best she can. That isn't bullying, it's just people not wanting to pay for what she's offering anymore! But again, I agree with you that forcing her is counterproductive because if she's unhappy it will show and it's not nice to think of her being humiliated into something.

4 minutes ago, I Think I'm Ready Now said:

Yeah, she has a pass for her lack of passion.

I understand that, and I totally get why she is tired of being a popstar.

No one can be sure that POM was 100% her decision, and that she wasn't a bit forced into it. That's the same thing for her albums. :ineedthetruth:

It all goes back to this issue with the conservatorship doesn't it. If that does force her to work and if she can't appeal it because of fear of losing her kids or some other hold they have over her then I do genuinely feel sorry for her and would want her to get help somehow.

13 minutes ago, HairFlipQueen said:

It all goes back to this issue with the conservatorship doesn't it. If that does force her to work and if she can't appeal it because of fear of losing her kids or some other hold they have over her then I do genuinely feel sorry for her and would want her to get help somehow.

It's not just the c-ship...She was already forced to do things before,

And Jive has taken advantage of that because she couldn't say no and wanted to please people. At least around 1998-2002...

Now no one knows exactly what's going on

10 minutes ago, I Think I'm Ready Now said:

It's not just the c-ship...She was already forced to do things before,

And Jive has taken advantage of that because she couldn't say no and wanted to please people. At least around 1998-2002...

Now no one knows exactly what's going on

Sorry if I'm being naive but what things was she forced into back then? And how do we know that? Asking because I always remember he in interviews saying she's very much her own person and stands up for herself, so if she said those things but then also said she was forced to do stuff then what to believe?

9 minutes ago, HairFlipQueen said:

Sorry if I'm being naive but what things was she forced into back then? And how do we know that? Asking because I always remember he in interviews saying she's very much her own person and stands up for herself, so if she said those things but then also said she was forced to do stuff then what to believe?

She also said she sing live and is a virgin :imok:

You should read Britney Spears : Inside the dream

The author questioned anonymously a lot of her relatives

If I remember correctly, her label would use her friends to push her, when she didn't want to do a show or something

12 hours ago, SpearsSpearsBrit said:

Oh, come on. Britney is not a woman who can deal with the excess of fame. The b-army has to assimilate it and be happy with what they have. Also, directors like Randee are the only ones who can deal with it, remember that the original video of "Make me" did not come out due to the traumas of B

What does fame have to do with being involved in her own music?  :sickofu:

I really don't care if she gets a #1 album or singles (which would be great) or if she doesn't. I want new material and feedback from her, more singles, quality interviews, not those ones where she answers what her favorite color is :boredashell: maybe a a documentary, or idk. I'm not asking she goes everywhere and promotes like a crazy, I want quality material, 1 live concert would be 1000000 times better than 10000 playback performances as the one she's been doing lately. 

1 hour ago, I Think I'm Ready Now said:

She also said she sing live and is a virgin :imok:

You should read Britney Spears : Inside the dream

The author questioned anonymously a lot of her relatives

If I remember correctly, her label would use her friends to push her, when she didn't want to do a show or something

Yes she's definitely said some questionable things in the past! This is why it's hard to know what to believe.

Ok thanks, will look out for that book :) 

2 hours ago, ralphynno said:

People here didn't say it themselves, but rather mentioned it happened and said it was a positive thing. Here it is

He's implying she needs to be bullied / humiliated publicly to get her sh!it together, which is mean and selfish. I, like each and every one of us, want Primeney back more than anything, dancing and being #1, playing everywhere. But as a real fan, who loves Britney more than her work, I only want those things if she's happy and comfortable with all of it, thinking she needs to be forced or dragged for things to work is just ******* selfish of you all.

Well,  yes, the "fat *****" comment was mean but the playback question wasn't humiliation, it was an uncomfortable issue she's never been openly asked. So yes, it does feel hard to talk about at an interview but that's why this thread is labeled as "sad truth" :awks:

Archived