New BreatheHeavy live stream TODAY at 3:30 pm PT

One-click subscribe to our YouTube channel!

Glory should have had a hype single

Mayenaise

a couple months before Glorys release and it should have been "invitation" with the visual from the perfume commercial.

then Make Me with the original MV.

Then Slumber Party, as is.

Maybe LMD/Better with a summery tropical MV. 

Then Just Luv Me with footage from her lifetime, starsearch, BOMT era up until now. Just like this fanmade: 

People want to Stan Britney again... the music was up to the level, it was just the lack of visual that killed Glory and the lack of promotion. You need to take your music to the people, everyone is lazy these days and have short attention spans.

She delivered vocally with Glory and started the era looking amazing e.g Jimmy, Ellen etc. I think her team let her down (again) massively. They are too scared to push her out her comfort zone.

And no, I'm still not over Glory :imok:

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like an amazing promo schedule. Too bad things just never add up right with Britney and her team. glory is finally an album we have waited for but it will forever be a fan favorite and nothing else. Still mourn the original make me video. That was adult Britney. We are stuck with teeny bopper alluring Britney it seem. 

Well, they did start releasing song after a song in the weeks before (Clumsy, DYWCO etc...) tbh. I know, they didn't really got a single treatment but still. 

That way, I think it would maybe kill the hype even more. I mean Invitation is a great song, but I doubt it would do good as a single. Ppl would check it out, wouldn't be interested anymore and MM and SP would lose the momentum. 

• Super Mods
5 minutes ago, TheCharmedTributes1 said:

Well, they did start releasing song after a song in the weeks before (Clumsy, DYWCO etc...) tbh. I know, they didn't really got a single treatment but still. 

That way, I think it would maybe kill the hype even more. I mean Invitation is a great song, but I doubt it would do good as a single. Ppl would check it out, wouldn't be interested anymore and MM and SP would lose the momentum. 

Private Show should've been released in full when the ad and the perfume came out. The ad should've been a full video of the song, I mean, there could be a short version for television, and the full video on her VEVO channel.

The mistake was releasing DYWCO as a promo single and not as the lead single. It had lead single written all over its 3:22 min. It was released just one week before Glory, and yet it rapidly surpassed Private Show and Clumsy which had been released weeks earlier, with no promo and no nothing, because the Today performance wouldn't come until a few weeks later.

For me it should've been like this:

• Private Show released in June-July as a promo single for the perfume. It should've been included on Glory just as a bonus track, switching with Better.
  • Promo singles: Clumsy, Just Luv Me, Invitation
  • DYWCO as the lead single in July, before the album.
  • MM as the second single in August, along with the release of the album.
    • The VMA's performance should've been MM / DYWCO instead of G-Eazy ft. Britney Spears - Me, Myself and I
  • Better in Sep - Oct
  • Liar in Nov - Dec
  • Either MOTM or IID or CYM in Feb - March as an international single
  • And OOONLY if the era was still alive at this point, release Slumber Party or Love Me Down as the last single

Únete a Exhale Latino   ///   Vote at Exhale's Top 20 Week 6 here

5 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

Private Show should've been released in full when the ad and the perfume came out. The ad should've been a full video of the song, I mean, there could be a short version for television, and the full video on her VEVO channel.

The mistake was releasing DYWCO as a promo single and not as the lead single. It had lead single written all over its 3:22 min. It was released just one week before Glory, and yet it rapidly surpassed Private Show and Clumsy which had been released weeks earlier, with no promo and no nothing, because the Today performance wouldn't come until a few weeks later.

For me it should've been like this:

• Private Show released in June-July as a promo single for the perfume. It should've been included on Glory just as a bonus track, switching with Better.
  • Promo singles: Clumsy, Just Luv Me, Invitation
  • DYWCO as the lead single in July, before the album.
  • MM as the second single in August, along with the release of the album.
    • The VMA's performance should've been MM / DYWCO instead of G-Eazy ft. Britney Spears - Me, Myself and I
  • Better in Sep - Oct
  • Liar in Nov - Dec
  • Either MOTM or IID or CYM in Feb - March as an international single
  • And OOONLY if the era was still alive at this point, release Slumber Party or Love Me Down as the last single

That sounds so elaborated and I agree! Personally I never really cared for DYWCO, but most of the GP ppl that I know and that heard it, liked it, plus fans seem to love it, so it would definitely be a great choice (along with a good video). 

But you know, it's Britney's team we're talking about, so ... :imok:

1. After the bbma tribute she should have announced something like: ... my first single is available right now, hope you like it :sendinglove: its name is make me and it’s  moody, **** and sparky :sendinglove:. Then, one week after release the original make me video.

2. She announces the glory era and three promo singles will be available now! Just luv me, love me down and do you wanna come over :sendinglove:.

3. Better or love me down as a single. Then, a latin remix with any of the latin current big names (daddy yankee, Luis fonsi, j balvin or maluma).

4. Slumber party as a single without Tinashe. Then, a remix with one male hip hop start.

5. Kill the era with man on the moon(us single) and no seas cortes (worldwide):kyliecry:

perfect and mature new Britney era 

Archived