Have You Ever Felt Embarassed Because You're a Fan of Britney?

FeedTheStans

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tell people/talk about Britney EVERY chance i get and will create an opportunity just to slip it in. There's nothing to be ashamed about as long as you are realistic with yourself…. If you talk about her and say she's the best singer ever, most talented artist, etc you're asking to get dragged. I think at this point though, Britney's prime was so long ago that she's in that madonna stage of being "historic" so you don't have to justify yourself any more than saying "she's an icon", not to mention her getting her life back together (one of the most well-known celebrity meltdowns in HISTORY) is very admirable to most people. I will say though, that when people learn/observe the level of obsession i am at (with any celebrity) it is definitely kind of sick to some people.

Never! I always feel proud to be her fan especially considering all she went through, and I always explain that whenever I feel people judging me. But it's rare that people actually judge me, they just feel surprised cause I somehow don't look like/my personality doesn't match what they'd expect a Britney fan to be. I'm actually known amongst my friends for having quite an eclectic taste in music (like I listen to many different and varied genres and artists from all over the world), so I guess they get surprised whenever I tell them for the first time that amongst every artist/band I listen to, Britney's my favorite (and she will always be).

All my friends know that I'm a fan of Britney and they don't really care about it. It's just embarrassing when you actually share a video of any recent performance and people start asking me why I actually like her these days... "she doesn't sing and she is not even dancing... so what's left to stan for?". The worst part is that they are kinda right about what she serves on stage these days... She got the icon status but I wish she would care about it. The fact she is selling herself as a nostalgia act also make me thinking if we are all here for what she was and not for what she is. 

All the time. :calculating:

I mean I love Britney the person.

And I love the prime, but Britney the artist, performer, now? Ehh, it's kind of laughable.

Despite today's artists being lackluster, they do usually sing live (which is a necessity), and offer somewht interesting visuals. 

In constrat, Britney hardly sings live, and when she does, it's either happy birthday, or a cover.  Moreover, Britney's choreography isn't something to be praised.  It's good, but it's just not anything wow.  Likewise, Britney has said she wants to go back to simple dance videos and singing live, yet where is the effort?  I did not really see it in piece of me. :wontcry:  

On 14/12/2017 at 11:18 PM, riccus said:

not all the time .But in high school when msn was the **** , you were able to set your status as the music you listen on windows media player

OMFG, now I feel old to have known this time. :crying1:

(All the stupid songs I listened to that were shown next to my name...) :juggingu:

honestly always have been except for when i was young and i didn't have the idea that as a guy, i "shouldn't listen to Britney Spears." i'm becoming more comfortable with it, but even in the gay world, i don't like to announce it as i like to be the masculine type, as shallow as it sounds.

Archived