Have You Ever Felt Embarassed Because You're a Fan of Britney?

FeedTheStans

Have you? If so, when/how?

Personally I felt a bit embarassed once  when I met someone and they asked what artists I like. I answered "Britney Spears".  The person asked me if she still made music, I said that Brit has a new album out (Glory). The person answered with "I didn't know she still made music, I tought she only made perfumes since that's all I've seen from her lately "

:anxiety::meltdown:

I guess I was more sad than embarassed though. It's sad to see Britney's amazing legacy dying. 

Do you have any stories?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest I Think I'm Ready Now

I'm a girl, so it's not that embarassing to love Britney's music..

Maybe it's just a bit weird to be a fan nowadays, because she is kinda irrelevant

I never talk about her tho  :imok:

Never. I'm always proud to say I'm a fan :wigsnatched:

I don't mention it but if people ask I just say it. 

Most people I know say they used to like her before (in her prime) but not so much now. One of my university professors said that he used to think she's hot but after she shaved her head he can't look at her the same way anymore.

Many stories... Too many to put down here.

Half the time people/friends are like 'OMG I love her too she's flawless'.

The other half are like 'isn't she like 50 now?' 'Is she still bald?' 'Awe did she get her kids back?' 'Why do you like her so much?' 'I thought she was insane' 'I think she's a bad mum' 'I preferred Christina'...

Need I go on :anxiety:

But no, I'm never embarrassed. Just disappointed in people for judging her or annoyed at people for being c*nts :nopingout:

Sometimes I was because I'm a guy and "guys arent supposed to like music like that" but I've come to fully embrace my love for her now and lots of people ask me if she still makes music anymore and I ask them what the last song they remember her making and they either say I Wanna Go, Criminal, (Scream & Shout but that's not really HER song) or Work *****, nobody knows about Glory

not all the time .But in high school when msn was the **** , you were able to set your status as the music you listen on windows media player and of course I was jamming in the zone and one of my straight friend who never talk to me on social media wrote " dude , stop with Britney already . Just don't" and I was like  " yeah, we'll soon leaving for college I'm sure I'll be able to explore music more deeply bro , let me live my phase" Soon as you now...I didn't . :juggingu:

Yes, during her Kfed/breakdown era and also during her comeback in 2008 for sure

I made it a point of not even mentioning her name to people

It was "uncool" to like her then, and she never really became "cool" again post breakdown tbh but I just DGAF now

I've too many things to worry about as an adult than worrying if people are making fun of my music taste  :wigsnatched:

I felt embarrassed after the 2016 VMAs. For awards shows, we usually have a big watch party with a bunch of gays. And everyone was gagging over Ariana and Nicki and then, of course, Beyonce’s Lemonade thing everyone was having a heart attack and then Britney came on and it was like... I don’t even know how to describe it. Everyone was genuinely excited somewhat because it was her big return, but I am “the Britney fan” and idk it was just awkward. Like there was nobody screaming at the TV or singing along and she was lip syncing and it was just weird I hated it. 

Otherwise, no, I’ve never been embarrassed.

32 minutes ago, ITZFFGL said:

And everyone was gagging over Ariana and Nicki

I don’t wanna be that hater, she’s a cute girl but that wasn’t anything to gag about. She rode a bike until she was out of breath and then just walked around and sounded horrible and off key. Onika and that tired blond wig as well. The performers of this new generation are so lackluster.

53 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

I don’t wanna be that hater, she’s a cute girl but that wasn’t anything to gag about. She rode a bike until she was out of breath and then just walked around and sounded horrible and off key. Onika and that tired blond wig as well. The performers of this new generation are so lackluster.

I agree! I enjoy Ariana’s vocal performances and her tour was nice. Nicki live is a disaster.

Archived