How scared where you in 2007/2008

Belgian Britney Fan

50 minutes ago, ZoneGirl said:

After the head-shaving incident, I seriously considered no longer being a fan. But I decided she needed support —whether she knows I exist or not — and I continued to pray for her. But I was scared. I was worried about her. I also remember I kept thinking when she shaved her head, "Why did she do that?"

Really?!?! I'm honestly not judging you but I do wonder why you felt that way?? Did you initially think it was just a PR stunt or were you angry that it seemed to some people that she was just throwing her career away?? Again, I'm not judging I'm just curious

When it broke that she shaved her head and attacked a photographer's car with an umbrella, I did initially think what the hell is she doing?? But I remember actually watching the video online and it broke my heart when just before she clearly lost it, you could hear her crying to the photographers something like 'Please guys can you just leave me alone?' and that really broke my heart. She was obviously just fed up of constantly having photographers following her and I remember just before that, she was sitting in the car with her hood up just looking so lost and the car just completely surrounded by photographers. Whoever was driving obviously couldn't even drive away because of the photographers. obviously because if they hit them, they would most likely have bloody sued Britney. And then she obviously just saw red and thought **** this and just completely lost it. It was just ridiculas. I remember her mum Lynne doing a UK interview on, I think it was GMTV at the time, and she said something like they found out that the  paparazzi had something like TWENTY photographers assigned just to Britney to basically follow her every move 24/7 and what really was disgusting is I remember even when she was in rehab, photos came out of her wondering around the rehab's garden and I was like 'omg even when shes in a bloody place where shes meant to be getting proper help, you STILL have to find a way to get photographs

I do wonder now whether she still gets followed everywhere like she used to?? She doesn't seem to be in the news everyday or even monthly anymore. I do hope the paparazzi has backed off now and shes able to lead a normal life without a camera in her face 24/7. Actually, just a thought, maybe that's why she doesn't do as much promotion anymore 

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, jonloch1 said:

Really?!?! I'm honestly not judging you but I do wonder why you felt that way?? Did you initially think it was just a PR stunt or were you angry that it seemed to some people that she was just throwing her career away?? Again, I'm not judging I'm just curious

I do wonder now whether she still gets followed everywhere like she used to?? She doesn't seem to be in the news everyday or even monthly anymore. I do hope the paparazzi has backed off now and shes able to lead a normal life without a camera in her face 24/7. Actually, just a thought, maybe that's why she doesn't do as much promotion anymore 

I just genuinely wondered, "What was going on in her head to where she felt she needed to do that?" it was just general curiosity. Like, why shave your head rather than do something else. I figured it had to do with a rebellion of some kind. Then the hairstylist told People magazine Britney said she was sick of people touching her. So I figured it had to do with her wanting to regain control over herself and her life. And I got that.

She definitely does not get followed around as much anymore. That's evident just by the fact that she isn't photographed as much. I mean, we hear about her going places and there's not even photo evidence of it. Sometimes we'll get photos fans snuck and took or snaps from inside places like that dinner party where she posed with Mariah Carey. But she gets a lot more peace nowadays. It's been like that for several years now, actually. And I think she's happy about that.

19 hours ago, ZoneGirl said:

I just genuinely wondered, "What was going on in her head to where she felt she needed to do that?" it was just general curiosity. Like, why shave your head rather than do something else. I figured it had to do with a rebellion of some kind. Then the hairstylist told People magazine Britney said she was sick of people touching her. So I figured it had to do with her wanting to regain control over herself and her life. And I got that.

She definitely does not get followed around as much anymore. That's evident just by the fact that she isn't photographed as much. I mean, we hear about her going places and there's not even photo evidence of it. Sometimes we'll get photos fans snuck and took or snaps from inside places like that dinner party where she posed with Mariah Carey. But she gets a lot more peace nowadays. It's been like that for several years now, actually. And I think she's happy about that.

Yeh I wondered that myself. I have read somewhere that it was to hide the fact that she was on ***** [**** residue is left on hair cells] but part of me doesn't think she was even in the frame of mind to even work that out. I have always thought and believed it was a cry for help and her saying  'look I may be Britney Spears and may be the biggest popstar in the world but I am struggling' and I think sadly her shaving her head was one of the only ways to wake everyone up and realise she was a human being that needed genuine help

I'm happy now that she doesn't get followed about everywhere because It was unfair. it was to the point where if you wanted to know exactly where she was and what she was doing on any day, all you had to do was google her. and the most unfair thing was the boys were only babies and she'd be carrying them in her arms and all the photographs would be bumping into her so desperate for a photo. And I remember her nearly dropping, I think it was Sean Preston, because she was obviously being hounded and the next day it was 'omg what a bad mum nearly dropping her baby!'. It was so unfair on Britney

4 hours ago, jonloch1 said:

Yeh I wondered that myself. I have read somewhere that it was to hide the fact that she was on ***** [**** residue is left on hair cells] but part of me doesn't think she was even in the frame of mind to even work that out. I have always thought and believed it was a cry for help and her saying  'look I may be Britney Spears and may be the biggest popstar in the world but I am struggling' and I think sadly her shaving her head was one of the only ways to wake everyone up and realise she was a human being that needed genuine help

I'm happy now that she doesn't get followed about everywhere because It was unfair. it was to the point where if you wanted to know exactly where she was and what she was doing on any day, all you had to do was google her. and the most unfair thing was the boys were only babies and she'd be carrying them in her arms and all the photographs would be bumping into her so desperate for a photo. And I remember her nearly dropping, I think it was Sean Preston, because she was obviously being hounded and the next day it was 'omg what a bad mum nearly dropping her baby!'. It was so unfair on Britney

I read that too, about the **** testing. I didn't believe it at the time, then later on I did. Idk what I think of that now lol.

Yeah, I remember when she nearly dropped Preston, folks made fun of her for managing to still hold on to the glass in her other hand. She went through a lot of scary moments as a first-time mom with SP. The car seat issue (people said it was facing the wrong way), riding with him in her lap on Pacific Coast Highway (and getting a home visit child welfare officials),  a nanny accidentally dropping SP from his high chair because of a nanny (and another DCFS visit). All **** any first-time mom could experience, she basically did and under an intense magnifying glass. Poor thing.

I’ve been a big fan since BOMTney and I was really scared. 2007/2008 I was working towards my high school graduation. I was obsessed with Blackout but was following Britney from a distance during this time. When I saw that video of her shaving her head my heart completely broke for her. Britney had been my biggest idol since I was 9 years old and I  was terrified I was going to wake up one day and find out some really awful news about her. That whole era for me is a blur of barefoot gas station bathroom activity, British accents and just a whole lot of bizzarity and it was such a spiral that nobody wanted to see. As much as I hated it I kind of became obsessed with finding out what the HELL was going on with her and I still have every single magazine  article on her from this time period- so sad. I remember watching Chris Crocker’s videos around this time and agreeing with everything he said - I became a fan of him during this time and got a few leave Britney alone shirts and wore them everywhere. This was right after her VMA performance in 2008 and Some people who weren’t fans then might not realize  what horrible criticism she got- EVERYONE was talking about how awful her performance was- there was literally a post saying that she should kill herself. And everyone had seen what she had already been through. I remember thinking what the hell is wrong with people???  While it was so hard to see that happen to your  idol,  I couldn’t have been more happy when she came back with the Circus tour. I went to see her twice in NY and once in London and I cried every time. I was just so happy that she was ok. By the time femme fatale came around I was still broke from circus tour as a full time nursing student:kyliecry: and couldn’t go. Just recently made it to Piece of Me though and was so glad. I know that it’s easy for people to pick on Britt because she isn’t the performer she once was. The truth is we have NO idea what she went through and I think we should try not to be so hard on her and instead feel blessed that she made it through what she has and is still putting herself out there today. I can name many celebrities who certainly have not been as fortunate.

I LOVE YOU BRINNY. 

Archived