Why is everybody here so anti Vegas residency?

destroycreate

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because it’s boring. I’ve gone to the show five times and I’ve had a great time (because it’s Vegas and we’re plastered off our *****) but as far as Britney’s career goes, it’s BORING. 

I miss new music with great music videos and new choreography. More than two singles. Between Piece of Me and all the performances this era, I’m completely over Britney’s old ****. Vegas and the promotion of Vegas is making her look and feel like some 60 year old act. I should not be watching iHeart and seeing performances of Stronger, Baby One More Time, Drive Me Crazy, etc when you have 17 new tracks rotting away. 

Even Femme Fatale Tour she performed SO MANY songs from the album!!! Britney Jean and Glory have barely anything to their name and might as well have not been recorded because her and her team have done nothing to being the tracks to life. 

So I think a lot of us have hopes that when Vegas ends, promotion and effort of new music will resume back to pre-Britney jean aways.

Being there live is soooo much better than watching videos on youtube or instagram. I liked the show but I feel really sorry for anyone that had to sit through POM 1 or the revamp dates that she gave no f's about. No amount of production value will make the trip worth it if Britney is not feeling it and with this residency there was no way to plan for that. Same goes for Mariah, she only looks good and puts on a decent show when she wants to and focuses. A Vegas performance should be a guaranteed slay because people pay thousands of dollars to get there. Hell if you do your research you will see that Vegas hasn't just been a place for acts to die, a lot of icons have used vegas to jumpstart successful new eras but Mariah and Britney are the only ones recently that have completely disrespected the process by not bringing their A game and completely relying on their past success. It's cute to talk about success and sold out shows until you go to Vegas and see that tickets to every show are basically handed out for free and the gamblers and drunks will go to see absolutely anything there.  Every time I see threads like this I'm thankful I got to see the start of the revamp. That was really the last glimmer of hope I had for vegas, she was briefly back to form. I even saved up to go again to see the glory songs but she got bored and it showed. I spent the money I saved to finally see Janet in concert. :janet: 

I just wish she did 4-5 singles with amazing videos and promoted the albums she puts out properly--creatively! Vegas is just whatever...I don't even know what to think of it. I don't even really want to see her. I just want to buy her albums and have her be successful because I know her albums will always be the best pop albums out. I wish she did amazing music videos still too. 

Because she and the dancers are bored of it... and she herself said her POM audience is always intoxicated and don't really pay attention to her (unlike when she went overseas).  It was good practice in the beginning, but it's not healthy for her to be there anymore when she's not getting the creative control and positive vibes she needs.

Also - due to the struggling music industry, her team focused more on POM than promoting Glory because they know POM will get them more money in the end... even though it won't make her happy.  In the end, money speaks since her father and Larry are in control of her sadly.

:lemmetellu::sneer:

15 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

This is how it should be 100% of the time.

I love her residency, but I think what has frustrated a lot of fans is that perfection is within reach: outfit wise, overall look/vibe wise, choreo wise, vocally (if she would do a few pre-recorded tracks and one live ballad), but it's limited to a few glimpses. 

It's the same concering BJ and Glory era's: just a little bit more effort would have gone a long way.

At the start it was great, POM 2.0 at the start was great but then she got bored, she started to wear random outfits that didn’t suit. You can tell she and her dancers are bored of that show.

i know she likes being in one place but at least with a world tour there would be more of an effort forget FF imagine the POM attitude but in a WW tour with BJ/Glory mixed in :kyliecry: She has such a huge catalogue of songs to which are just being left on the shelf to rot. 

On 12/12/2017 at 2:50 PM, G-unit said:

I hate POM because, like you said, it’s killing her career.  As for the last statement, idk...it’s definitely not her best show, but it is MILES better than the abomination that was the Femme Fatale show for me.  The original leg of POM 2.0 was fire.  Her energy was amazing and it has moments of decent choreo.  The BOM performance and Womanizer break (from that leg) alone **** all over the entire FFT in my eyes.  FFT was so bad.  I watched the DVD the other day and I can’t even believe it...she was so stiff and the choreography was laughable.  I legit almost puked when I watched “Toxic” from the DVD.  So damn bad haha

I think FF had a better concept. Britney didn't deliver but I'm not saying FFT was good. I just enjoyed it better seeing it live than I did Vegas. 

The audio tracks were made more intriguing during FFT in person than Vegas. The Vegas atmosphere was a bore. 

I really hated Vegas. I wish I didn't even support that show. Yes in person the lights and screens are really cool but I didn't go for that...I went to see Britney. the show production wise was her weakest and it should have been her best.

The whole post was personal experience with the shows. FF DVD is bad...I watched it once and couldn't again. 

On 12/12/2017 at 8:29 PM, ITZFFGL said:

Because it’s boring. I’ve gone to the show five times and I’ve had a great time (because it’s Vegas and we’re plastered off our *****) but as far as Britney’s career goes, it’s BORING. 

I miss new music with great music videos and new choreography. More than two singles. Between Piece of Me and all the performances this era, I’m completely over Britney’s old ****. Vegas and the promotion of Vegas is making her look and feel like some 60 year old act. I should not be watching iHeart and seeing performances of Stronger, Baby One More Time, Drive Me Crazy, etc when you have 17 new tracks rotting away. 

Even Femme Fatale Tour she performed SO MANY songs from the album!!! Britney Jean and Glory have barely anything to their name and might as well have not been recorded because her and her team have done nothing to being the tracks to life. 

So I think a lot of us have hopes that when Vegas ends, promotion and effort of new music will resume back to pre-Britney jean aways.

Yes, this! Glory has so many amazing songs that she will never perform and that makes me sad. 

On 12/12/2017 at 2:18 PM, Piper Halliwell said:

x factor killed her career :tiffcackle:

Scream & Shout came out at the end of X Factor and became the biggest song to Britney's credit this decade, so no it did not.  She had awkward moments on the show, yes, but overall she was ultimately hilarious and it was great exposure. The music video premiered on the show right before the finals. She was in front of millions every week.

Disappearing to Las Vegas, only visible to fans, blacked out gamblers and drunk tourists, is killing her career.

7 hours ago, ITZFFGL said:

Scream & Shout came out at the end of X Factor and became the biggest song to Britney's credit this decade, so no it did not.  She had awkward moments on the show, yes, but overall she was ultimately hilarious and it was great exposure. The music video premiered on the show right before the finals. She was in front of millions every week.

Disappearing to Las Vegas, only visible to fans, blacked out gamblers and drunk tourists, is killing her career.

X-Factor damaged her reputation. Those awful photos and appearances where she looks haggard and tired, the nail biting exposé, the awkward gestures, everyone thought she was a total ***** and honestly why is Britney Spears (notorious for lip syncing), judging a singing competition? It’s like all Larry saw was the money and an opportunity to get on TV for easy promo. Regardless of whether we had hits or not, Femme Fatale and X-Factor’s bad publicity damaged her reputation as a pop juggernaut and as a performer overall. That’s the only explanation for Hold It Against Me debuting at #1 with 411k versus only two years later (with relevance), Work ***** stalling at #12 with 174k.

because a lot of people here seem to think that vegas is holding her back, like shed go on some big promo tour and world tour for her next album if she didnt have vegas. i think she showed us with glory that when she wants to do something, shell do it. she did press, she went overseas, we got a lot of things we havent been getting in recent years. i personally dont think vegas hinders her at all. from what ive seen, being a fan since the beginning, is that when she has structure and a schedule, thats when shes in her best shape. once she has time to sit around, she tends to fall back, shes not as driven, and then she plays catch-up next time she comes around with new music. just look at the difference in her early vegas shows to the ones later on. her body is on point now, her dancing is better (for the most part, if she didnt cut it out of the show lol), and she has way more energy. my only issue with vegas is that she does seem to be bored with it but if thats the case she could just revamp the show or go to another hotel and create a brand new one.

7 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

X-Factor damaged her reputation. Those awful photos and appearances where she looks haggard and tired, the nail biting exposé, the awkward gestures, everyone thought she was a total ***** and honestly why is Britney Spears (notorious for lip syncing), judging a singing competition? It’s like all Larry saw was the money and an opportunity to get on TV for easy promo. Regardless of whether we had hits or not, Femme Fatale and X-Factor’s bad publicity damaged her reputation as a pop juggernaut and as a performer overall. That’s the only explanation for Hold It Against Me debuting at #1 with 411k versus only two years later (with relevance), Work ***** stalling at #12 with 174k.

That’s not the only explanation nor the most logical. Hold It Against Me debuted in 2011 and Britney hadn’t been heard from since 3 at the end of 2009. There was insane demand and anticipation for Britney. 

Work ***** debuted months after Scream & Shout died down and soon after Ooh La La, which nearly went top 20 on pop. It’s not a fair comparison at all. 

By this forum’s logic that FF and XF ruined her “reputation” then every song after Hold It Against Me and her shitty GMA and Kimmel performances should have flopped and they didn’t. Fans judge way more harshly; it’s not like she looked a mess in the videos, which is what most of the GP sees anyway. X Factor is irrelevant when 600 million see her looking gorgeous af.

She’s flopping because she isn’t visible, doesn’t release music videos and is releasing awful, boring, non-Britney songs.

Archived