Why is everybody here so anti Vegas residency?

destroycreate

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, destroycreate said:

I saw POM in Vegas a month ago and loved it, had a blast. I kind of wish she could continue in Vegas, but I noticed nearly everybody here hates the show and residency. Why is this?

Because fans want albums. Her content has been great so far barre bj. So they would much rather want hits e.t.c

her fans are spread sound the world espeically Europe.

Because she’s not consistent with it. She starts out great, and then has little good outbursts sporadically between legs. But scrapping / half assing good choreo, wearing destroyed mismatched costumes, not bothering to lip properly or sing the one ballad in the show live, that hurts her reputation as a performer. Her thinking half the audience is just drunken idiots so she can do whatever she wants is bad. Britney is an entertainer. Piece Of Me had some great moments. Brunette, Mermaid and the initial Revamp. But the other legs? :ineedthetruth:

1. She gets bored and then the show goes downhill.

2. She focus on promoting her Vegas show and forgets her albums after 1st single

3. It's very difficult and expensive for fans outside of the US to go to Vegas

4. People outside of the fanbase are forgetting her so it's not good for her career

For me these are the main reasons i don't like it.

Because she's been there for four years, because you can tell shes bored, because it gives her an excuse to half ***, because fans are ready for her focus to be back on her music and not the residency. Or, if you're like me-- because Vegas is still where acts go to retire, the stigma has not changed. Take your pick; you'll be right.

Glad you enjoyed the show, though.

1 hour ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Because she’s not consistent with it. She starts out great, and then has little good outbursts sporadically between legs. But scrapping / half assing good choreo, wearing destroyed mismatched costumes, not bothering to lip properly or sing the one ballad in the show live, that hurts her reputation as a performer. Her thinking half the audience is just drunken idiots so she can do whatever she wants is bad. Britney is an entertainer. Piece Of Me had some great moments. Brunette, Mermaid and the initial Revamp. But the other legs? :ineedthetruth:

Exactly. THIS. 

She has become way too comfortable with doing the minimum. She thinks the audience are all drunk and high. So putting on an amazing performance is not at all important to her at this point. Plus, we don't need any more bad performances, everybody outside this fanbase is well aware that she isn't the amazing performer that she used to be. Think about it, lip syncing an entire show including ballads + half-assing already sh*tty choreography + bad hair, makeup & overall look, what's there to praise exactly and how does it prove she's talented? 

And let's not forget the atrocity that was the "Glory promo tour" AKA POM with MM added. :nyheadache: And those HIDEOUS hairstyles. 

Ooh, and her Asian tour where she called her Japanese audience too quiet and said they should be begging her for more. :ricackle: As if she was giving them all she had.

13 minutes ago, Mohd93 said:

Exactly. THIS. 

She has become way too comfortable with doing the minimum. She thinks the audience are all drunk and high. So putting on an amazing performance is not at all important to her at this point. Plus, we don't need any more bad performances, everybody outside this fanbase is well aware that she isn't the amazing performer that she used to be. Think about it, lip syncing an entire show including ballads + half-assing already sh*tty choreography + bad hair, makeup & overall look, what's there to praise exactly and how does it prove she's talented? 

Exactly. I cackle at all the stans on here that show up once in a blue moon and have the nerve to tell us we shouldn't criticize because "Britney'z been thru a LOTTT". Get off your high horse, and stop using a decade old meltdown as a crutch to her bad performances. It's not like she ISN'T capable of delivering a good show...

Guest Diamond Horse

Beautifully written :mjpopcorn:

12 minutes ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

And let's not forget the atrocity that was the "Glory promo tour" AKA POM with MM added. :nyheadache: And those HIDEOUS hairstyles. 

Ooh, and her Asian tour where she called her Japanese audience too quiet and said they should be begging her for more. :ricackle: As if she was giving them all she had.

Everything is so inconsistent. Like we get a bedazzled banana peel for her televised VMA PERFORMANCE, while this is left to rot in some no1curr radio festival.

brit6.jpg

tumblr_oi1aq3AB2N1sjt7gio2_500.jpg

15 minutes ago, Mohd93 said:

Exactly. THIS. 

a lot of people is actually drunk by the third song though :hehehe: 

But yeah, a lot of things could've been improved in the show, I won't deny it, but the residency itself, as an idea, if executed well and not abandoning or neglecting the other aspects of her career (which could've been perfectly done despite the residency, like releasing singles/videos, promo performances, documentaries, etc) was a great idea and in theory it should've been very favorable for Britney, her career and the fans.

However, even before we knew how disastrous some things of the show were going to be, or that she was gonna waste two albums, many opportunities to perform at award shows, that she was slowly gonna scrap the best parts of the show or the outfits, people was already hating on Vegas because they wanted a world tour instead, as if she was going to tour every single country of the world. In that scenario many people would've had to traveled to another city/country anyway, so why couldn't they take all these years to save money to travel to Vegas? 

What I mean is, yes, there are many things we can complain about the residency, now that we've lived it for 4 years, but the concept of the residency was ideal to me. 

Archived