Anyone know the reason why In The Zone flopped in the UK??

jonloch1

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Isla. said:

It got to #2 though. It’s not like it flopped at all.

Yes. Although it wasn't like any of her other first singles...there was so much hype right after the 2003 vmas then the song came out and it was cool but not epic Britney Spears first single level cool. The rest of the album was way better. Anyway, not sure why the album debuted so low

42 minutes ago, alain0227 said:

"In the Zone debuted at number fourteen on the UK Albums Chart, staying on the chart for forty-three weeks and jumping to its peak of number thirteen on its thirty-fourth week in the chart."

Peak at 34th week?! 

Yeah I already posted the link above, it only got to #13 in July 2004. 

Cuando un artista tiene mucho éxito en sus canciones, pero no en sus álbumes, significa que tiene éxito para el público en general, pero que no tiene una base sólida de admiradores. En caso de que el álbum se venda y las canciones no estén allí, es porque ese artista tiene una sólida base de seguidores. Seguramente en el Reino Unido al público le gustó como Rihanna en 2007/2012 en Estados Unidos.:rihclap:

I wouldn’t say the album flopped. Just because it didn’t as well like her first two albums that doesn’t mean it flopped... A lot has changed during the early years of 00 when it comes to music sales and year by years till today it got completely bad and I’m not talking just about Britney’s albums sales, but in general. Those good days a long gone.

They barely making single cd’s these days where back in the day it was a pretty big deal when you step into the music store.

I remember when in early 2000 music piracy became so big that music albums sales dropped dramatically...

4 hours ago, SpearsSpearsBrit said:

Cuando un artista tiene mucho éxito en sus canciones, pero no en sus álbumes, significa que tiene éxito para el público en general, pero que no tiene una base sólida de admiradores. En caso de que el álbum se venda y las canciones no estén allí, es porque ese artista tiene una sólida base de seguidores. Seguramente en el Reino Unido al público le gustó como Rihanna en 2007/2012 en Estados Unidos.:rihclap:

English? :umsaywhat:

3 hours ago, Isla. said:

¿Inglés? :umsaywhat:

I am from Chile  and traslade with google. Could you write something and traslade? I just want to see how ridiculous I look to be and english b-army. :tiffcackle:

Edit:

Omg! I just realized that I copied the text in Spanish. :outwithit:

When an artist is very successful in her songs, but does not have her albums, it means that she is successful for the general public, but that she does not have a solid base of admirers. In case the album has been opened and the songs are not there, it is because that artist has a solid base of followers. Surely in the United Kingdom to the public like Rihanna in 2007/2012 in the United States.

12 hours ago, SpearsSpearsBrit said:

I am from Chile  and traslade with google. Could you write something and traslade? I just want to see how ridiculous I look to be and english b-army. :tiffcackle:

Edit:

Omg! I just realized that I copied the text in Spanish. :outwithit:

When an artist is very successful in her songs, but does not have her albums, it means that she is successful for the general public, but that she does not have a solid base of admirers. In case the album has been opened and the songs are not there, it is because that artist has a solid base of followers. Surely in the United Kingdom to the public like Rihanna in 2007/2012 in the United States.

So basically you're saying she's more a singles artist? (Which is true in the UK)

• 2 years later...
On 12/11/2017 at 2:01 PM, Peter Pan said:

Besides what eveyone thinks, she wasn't THAT popular during ITZ. she had a lot of haters too. she was most popular during OIDIA

In The Zone also didnt have a strong first single (MATM) maybe it woldve been diffeent if Toxic was the first single

False. The ITZ era was HUGE! 3 Huge #1 International hits, 12 million copies sold globally and Britney was everywhere in 2004. 

On 12/13/2017 at 1:35 AM, Isla said:

Yeah I already posted the link above, it only got to #13 in July 2004. 

#13 or not, ITZ era was still fairly huge in the UK. Hasn't it sold nearly 600k copies in the UK. Not to mention how ITZ era was a much bigger era than the Britney era in the UK. 

8 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

#13 or not, ITZ era was still fairly huge in the UK. Hasn't it sold nearly 600k copies in the UK. Not to mention how ITZ era was a much bigger era than the Britney era in the UK. 

Lol this thread is old. And yeah, I think it sold more than Femme Fatale did even though that album charted higher. She just released ITZ during a competitive time. She still got two number one singles, a number two hit and The Onyx Hotel Tour UK dates sold well. 

5 hours ago, JackSProductions said:

The album didn’t flop. Many know of ITZ (none fans) they might not remember the name and could call it Toxic but they would remember the blue cover. Toxic, Everytime, MATM and even Outrageous we’re BIG hits 

1 hour ago, MeAgainstTheMusic_ said:

ITZ was still huge over here though and it sold lots. Not to mention two #1 singles. We’ve always been Britney crazy in the UK and if I remember she was MASSIVE over here during ITZ

God I miss those days so much take me back :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

1 hour ago, Isla said:

Lol this thread is old. And yeah, I think it sold more than Femme Fatale did even though that album charted higher. She just released ITZ during a competitive time. She still got two number one singles, a number two hit and The Onyx Hotel Tour UK dates sold well. 

Exactly. It is one of her highest selling albums in the UK after all. :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

Archived