Next album major smash or artist driven?

CharlieBlue8

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Deep is the only right answer. She isn’t going to bother with promoting past the first single (as usual), so why waste an opportunity with a trendy radio pandering album? It’s better to aim for critical acclaim (which is unexpected for her) and that could generate enough publicity to push the album more forward than a FF 2.0 would, maybe even a GRAMMY nomination.

2 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Deep is the only right answer. She isn’t going to bother with promoting past the first single (as usual), so why waste an opportunity with a trendy radio pandering album? It’s better to aim for critical acclaim (which is unexpected for her) and that could generate enough publicity to push the album more forward than a FF 2.0 would, maybe even a GRAMMY nomination.

You dream big at the end there (really, with all of it), but yeah, this.

3 minutes ago, fucknfurter said:

You dream big at the end there (really, with all of it), but yeah, this.

Am I though? I mean she’s been nominated 8 times (one of those being for Womanizer, might I add)... so it’s not like it’s some extremely difficult feat. She’s also actually won a trophy, so it isn’t like this is a Katy Perry situation. :verycool:

Just now, BoyToySoldier said:

Am I though? I mean she’s been nominated 8 times (once of those being for Womanizer, might I add)... so it’s not like it’s some extremely difficult feat. She’s also actually won a trophy, so it isn’t like this is a Katy Perry situation. :verycool:

Well, when you put it that way... (To be fair -- to me -- yes, it should be a difficult feat. Not specifically for Britney, but in general: so my head immediately takes that into account before seriously considering that its the Grammys. But then I'm reminded that they've been doing it wrong for over thirty years now, so, touché.) :haha:

9 minutes ago, fucknfurter said:

Well, when you put it that way... (To be fair -- to me -- yes, it should be a difficult feat. Not specifically for Britney, but in general: so my head immediately takes that into account before seriously considering that its the Grammys. But then I'm reminded that they've been doing it wrong for over thirty years now, so, touché.) :haha:

The nominations are seriously 50% popularity, 30% payola and 20% talent. Every single year. I’m not even shocked anymore by the upsets and snubs. The fact Kendrick Lamar will be robbed for the third time in a row (because we all know that Jay-Z album will steal committee votes and thus Bruno will be a shoo-in) won’t even upset me this time. :idkha: 

22 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

The nominations are seriously 50% popularity, 30% payola and 20% talent. Every single year. I’m not even shocked anymore by the upsets and snubs. The fact Kendrick Lamar will be robbed for the third time in a row (because we all know that Jay-Z album will steal committee votes and thus Bruno will be a shoo-in) won’t even upset me this time. :idkha: 

This is all true, sadly. 

Tbh, I really only care about best pop vocal album (and performance), and I don't think either of the two I think deserve it most will win it. :notfeelinit:

2 hours ago, ElectriqueBrit said:

Britney will never be a Sia.  Don't be stupid.

........ I could say Britney will never be deep or artist driven so your entire thread is stupid.

Britney could 100% pull off a dance track like Titanium or Chandelier. Dance pop doesn’t have to be mindless and idiotic; Til It’s Gone from Britney Jean is a great example.

As long as she puts emotion and passion to it I don't care if it's another BJ album or an ITZ album. I want her to embrace her current music material, that she shows she cares about it, to deeply talk about as if it actually were her baby. But just to answer your question, maybe a deep album because: 

- Come on, it's Britney, it's not like she will become a boring singer just because she releases a deeper album. She will obviously adapt the direction and the theme to her style. It will always have her Britney touch. 

-Being a deep album doesn't mean it can't be a good pop album. It depends on the producers, writers and the direction they take. Back to basics of Xtina is a good example, she sticked to the pop style while combining great lyrics and of course an amazing jazz/R&B ingredient. 

- Quality will ultimately speak for itself. Her artistry needs to come out for people to see her as a true artist. Nowadays having a number one song is just a temporary fact which will only last for a while unless it is an actual smash hit like Despacito, Sorry or Lean On (which I really doubt Britney does it again). I want her music to be quality and memorable, not just a product you hear one day and then no one remembers the next year. 

She can only smash the charts if she releases something artistic, different from what we used to from her.

The radio won't play her anymore she's not very cool, and is getting older. The younger audience doesn't care about her, they have already their popstars. She needs to reach a more adult audience this time. :outwithit:

About the "deep" album so many of you crave from her - I'd just like to know what kind of "deep" you are referring to?!

If by deep you mean her talking about her life and what's going on in it - I don't know how much you would actually end up liking it. Think about it - she's HAPPY and I'm happy for her that she is. But we all know the best creative stuff usually comes from heartbreak etc. which Britney has even said herself. She doesn't have any new bad experiences that she would have to digest - she has a hot, young boyfriend, her kids are doing great, she is in the best shape of her life, the media is more or less on her side these days.... there's no real issues to talk about.. (excluding 07 etc. which she certainly won't sing about/discuss and rightfully so... it's water under the bridge by now) In the past, she's sung about her kids (My Baby), her relationship with God (Hold On Tight, Brightest Morning Star) etc. But do we really need a full album of that?? And, if not that, then what? Is she supposed to talk about the profundity of her relationship with a 23-year old fitness trainer and model in LA? I certainly don't see that being particularly groundbreaking.

If by deep you mean deep from a philosophical perspective - that would be a more interesting case, but again, I don't know how well that would sit with people. She's never really been that type of artist. She's continuously been a breath of fresh air with her music, singing about fun, going out, having a great time with your friends, love, ***, dancing etc., when everyone else kept pandering to the social issues going on on any given day - race, homosexuality, female equality etc. just to name a few. That is the LAST path I want her to take.

A lot of you say that she's 36 and no one buys the **** image anymore. I'd argue quite the opposite. She hasn't done that right in a LONG TIME. I think a lot of you seriously overestimate the GP's level of depth and over-emphasize her career-mishaps aka Pretty Girls etc. If anything, Glory (which I LOVED btw) was different, edgy, moody, melodic, vibey etc. - everything we wanted yet it failed to create hype and impact regardless. Truth is - People want to hear some club bangers from her, some pop masterpieces and the like. I don't see anything wrong with that. Let her talk about what she's comfortable talking about and doing what she does best. But for god's sake, do it RIGHT. Create earworm after earworm, something you can dance to, something you can work out to and party to.

Create a promo schedule, film a raunchy vid with some sort of gimmick that will get people talking etc. And then release an album and put some "deep" songs on there, where she sings about how she views life and fame differently now than 10 years ago. Release more than 2 songs and videos, have her perform HER OWN NEW MATERIAL SOLO at an award show rather than some misplaced concerts that aren't even televised, DON'T make any single a feature particularly not with a 20-something year old artist like Gomez, Bieber, Lovato, Grande etc, and for the love of God - If she doesn't write the songs herself, brief her on the content of the lyrics and have her talk about her MUSIC in interviews rather than birhday parties, unicorns and rainbows. Example: Instead of saying "My gay bestie loves MOTM..." say "I was inspired by x and y," "I love this song because it reminds me of...", "This is how the song came about", "This is what the recording process was like", "This happened in my life to inspire this song" or "I have a connection to it because this/that etc."

The bottom line is - you can't fake authenticity. You can't turn her into something she's not, i.e. have her be deep simply for the sake of depth, and expect people to buy that. She is first and foremost a POP artist and that's what will feel authentic if she does it right.

Major smash. Her label would invest a lot of money in publicity and would give her a promo schedule to have better sales. She would have the best producers and radio friendly songs. Britney needs this to gain some relevancy in the pop industry. If she waits till she's 40 like Fegie or Gwen she will be over. 2018 should be a big year for Britney. Then she can do whatever she wants

Archived