is my only wish this year becoming a christmas classic?

queenofhearts

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, naturalplayboy said:

I swear it could’ve been bigger if it had a music video and promo when it was first released.

she needs to give it the recognition it deserves. 

:crying1: 

My Only Wish deserved everything, a video a performance, it's own album with multiple versions, remixes, other languages, etc. 

It's never too late though, since it's a timeless bop, it could be properly released any year if they only wanted to.

8 hours ago, ITZFFGL said:

Yesss britney in a snowstorm and a cute iconic fur outfit :anxiety:

No, no, one of the outfits has to be something red, not the cheap Santa inspired dresses they sell, but something reminiscent of it.

And the other outfit has to be something inspired in the Christmas decorations, like those red, gold and green squared designs or however it's called, or maybe inspired in Christmas gifts lol 

The video would be shot in a set, in the style of those classic musicals. A famous actor should play the love interest who would come out from a huge box at the end of the video, with a big red bow. 

15 hours ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

It definitely would have been bigger and gained more notoriety if it had a memorable video and some performances. Now it’s too late. And that’s a total shame cuz it’s such a bop! :wendycry:   

It's never too late, the song still sounds fresh because it's a timeless pop Christmas anthem, and her vocals still sound like they did in 2000 (just watch any POM clips) so it all would come naturally. :yaknow: 

She acknowledged its existence back in 2015 when she taught her dance class the routine for the Christmas Tree lighting event, so there's always hope. I mean, of course it won't happen, because Team Britney, but the idea itself isn't that crazy. I mean, if her career was managed in a normal, logical way, releasing a video for this Christmas song today, even if it was originally released 17 years ago, wouldn't be that weird, because it's actually what one would expect of something that every year has the potential to become a hit, and give them the money they always want and need. 

Archived