Choose the best flop fan moment

JP9101

First I have to say that these examples happened when I was 9 -10 years old and I never bought albums, watched MTV or saw commercials or anything at that time. And internet and Youtube were not a thing.

In 2000 my mom bought me the Oops and Baby CD (I had the cassette for Baby before that)  but she dropped the Oops cover and it broke so she put the CD into the Baby CD cover and I thought for about 3 years that it was a double disc and didnt realize that it was a new album becaus they sound was similar enough.

I actually had an even worse Christina flop moment. To me she was just a singer from America and I didnt think about people being bi lingual and that she had a latin name... So one time I was on holiday in Spain and they were playing the spanish version of Genie in a Bottle and my mom said "hey its Christina" and I got really pissed and insisted that it was a cheap cover from a local singer and that singer couldnt sing half as well as Christina. :tiffcackle:  lmao Then years later I saw her Stripped tour and she had a  latin segment and just burst out laughing and then did some research and saw that she indeed recorded her debut album in Spanish.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, ATWK said:

Until earlier this year, I thought the Onyx Hotel Tour was a residency concert in a hotel called Onyx. :britdrown:

This is a joke, right? :squintney: :ineedthetruth:

5 hours ago, Sidney Prescott's mother said:

When I was kid every pop girl on TV was Britney for me,...:imok:

Well, you are not the only one. Britney opened the door for many other pop girls who tried to be her (Jessica, Mandy, Hilary, etc) some of them succeded like Xtuna but most of them where just what Austin Mahone is to Justin Beaver :imok: 

1 minute ago, Dark.Knight said:

I thought 3 was part of Femme Fatale and was disappointed after listening through all of FF and not finding it 

It actually is part of the Femme Fatale project. It was recorded at the same time I wanna go was recorded so I guess it was intended to be part of the (at the time) Britney's upcoming album, so you are not so wrong :sendinglove: 

I never knew about this FTR Countdown. :lostney:

Being out of the US this wasn't aired in my country for some reason but what it is rare to me is that Britney was all over the world at the time and Internet was already a thing so, it is weird to me that I never realized about this appearance until 2011 or 2012 even when I was a stan since 1999. 

back when i was like 13 or 14, i was looking on iTunes at her albums (didn't hear any of them in full except for BOMT, OIDIA, and Britney) and i was judging the albums by their tracklists and album art covers...i thought blackout and chaotic were gonna suck *** :embarrassney:

i also thought i wasn't gonna like in the zone since i heard outrageous and didn't really like it (at the time i only heard the singles)

9 hours ago, IUSAtonight said:

I thought this was the official "Everybody" song. Boy was i dissapointed when i listened to the siren version :zoomzoom: 

I still listen to this over the album version tho

This sounds decent, a lot better than the official version. JR ruined his own creation with those annoying sounds at the beginning. The whole thing sounds cheap af thanks to that :imok:

Archived