Madonna: Pop’s Female Succubus

BoyToySoldier

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Like @ATWK said, she’s basically the blueprint for every female in pop music that came after her. Both Janet and Madonna have heavily influenced the female pop stars we have today and they’ve given birth to the influential female pop stars that are regarded as icons in this day (Britney, Christina, Beyonce).

I think you mean @PokemonSpears. I just posted a few links.

But I agree. There's no denying her impact in pop music and I think calling her "[just] a more controversial Britney" is a complete underestimation of her impact and overall legendary-ness.

2 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

she might be considered as a pioneer of the kind of pop performances/videos we got to see in the following years after she came out in the 80's, and even at the time. I can tell you, that for example in Mexico everyone was copying her style, from her looks to her dancing and everything, and of course she was influential in the States as well.

There were other girls too, but, I'm not sure if Madonna was the first of them all, or if it was just because she was white that she got all the credit.

I'm not a big fan of Maodonna, but I recognize even when I was a kid, in the 90's, 2000's, she was still a big figure in the music industry, she kept releasing hits and great videoclips, almost 20 years into her career. Then in the late 2000's she reinvented herself. Probably I think she's flopping in terms of popularity although she keeps selling her tours, and she becomes more desperate each day to stay controversial and current, but the legacy is still there. I mean, she doesn't need to do anything anymore and she'll never lose her recognition from the GP.

I think she was mainly known for her change of style between eras, or even during the same eras. She and Michael are considered the queen and king of pop, among other things, because they created what we know as "iconic outfits", "iconic performances", "iconic videos". Britney is considered part of that royalty because she was doing basically the same during her prime. Others tried as well, but not everyone had the same success.

What does white have to do anything? There were plenty women of color around the time she started and after. Whitney gets credit, Janet gets credit, Diana Ross gets credit, Donna Summer gets credit. Not a race issue.

She's reinvented her image and sound practically almost every album campaign in regards to sound, style and image. It wasn't a late 2000's thing.

She began selling less after her departure from Warners and focused more on touring when she signed a deal in 2007. Since then, it's been primarily focusing on touring where she considered the profit would be made and less on her records. Hard Candy got some promotion, MDNA got virtually nothing outside of the Superbowl and the tour itself and Rebel Heart she seemed more interested in her work.

Desperate to stay controversial and current? She's been that way since day one going against the norm and pissing people off. Her rebellious attitude towards how women should behave, act, dress, what they can and cannot do is pretty much the blueprint a lot of female artists now follow and she set the template for them. Artists always feel they need to create and it's those that keep going that show passion towards their craft. She could bank on her hits but chooses not to and whether her newer material is good or not is up to the listener.

She's had the music and several other things to back it up, not just changing her style. 

:byebitch:

2 hours ago, brit4u1998 said:

I wonder if Madonna's next album will sell? 

I'm not a Madonna fan, but from 1985 to 1991 she was HUGE! And her sales still kept going on until the 90's, 00's, and early 10's. Only time will tell if her next album will sell!

She'll probably do well opening week but I wouldn't expect much unless she has a huge hit.

Record sales are low mostly aside from it people who can pull in big numbers. 

5 hours ago, Dripping For Britney said:

Omg I didn't realize Mileys album flopped so hard :anxiety:

Well she's managed by Britney's team, what do you expect? Same way that Camilla is more relevant rn when FH were literally huge..they just manage to **** things up the jewels they have. 

5 hours ago, brit4u1998 said:

I wonder if Madonna's next album will sell? 

I'm not a Madonna fan, but from 1985 to 1991 she was HUGE! And her sales still kept going on until the 90's, 00's, and early 10's. Only time will tell if her next album will sell!

I wouldnt say like that, she was huge in the whole 90's as well even with Erotica selling poorly (but the *** book tho, its still the best selling photobook of all time last time I heard) and Badtime Stories doing a bit better. Ray Of Light was huge for both Madonna's popularity and commercial success, than Music came and did the same thing, after that Confessions and still after that her Hard Candy/Sticky & Sweet/Celebration era was huuuuuuuge. She's been huge for almost the whole time she's been around. "Kept going" sounds like she struggled to keep selling when in fact she was doing amazing while the industry was drastically changing, but that's me babe :donewithit:

3 hours ago, Hungry Hun said:

I wouldnt say like that, she was huge in the whole 90's as well even with Erotica selling poorly (but the *** book tho, its still the best selling photobook of all time last time I heard) and Badtime Stories doing a bit better. Ray Of Light was huge for both Madonna's popularity and commercial success, than Music came and did the same thing, after that Confessions and still after that her Hard Candy/Sticky & Sweet/Celebration era was huuuuuuuge. She's been huge for almost the whole time she's been around. "Kept going" sounds like she struggled to keep selling when in fact she was doing amazing while the industry was drastically changing, but that's me babe :donewithit:

Yes, but she was like the female Beatles from 1984 to 1992.

Guest Diamond Horse
On 12/9/2017 at 6:38 PM, PokemonSpears said:

I mean, she doesn't need to do anything anymore and she'll never lose her recognition from the GP.

Love that part :forkit:

• 2 years later...

Archived