Retro is the way to go

DJSLAYZEE

8 hours ago, Sidney Prescott's mother said:

Oh great,Britney should jump on trends just to have a hit :sneer: again...:sneer:

Just no..

She was doing it (jumping on trends) with last 3 albums and she floped,so...:sneer:

Maybe Britney and her team should focus more artistic and mature album instead of jumping on trends,it's starting to look desperate and is obviously not working out

FF didn't flop. 

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Sidney Prescott's mother said:

How? It underperformed for her standards and compared to other pop girls at the time. Tour was a flop,singles didn't flop(in US) but no-one even remembers them soo...

How did it underperform when it still debuted at #1, the lead single broke the first week digital sales record and debuted at #1, the second and third singles were Top 5 and a Top 10 with great longevity, each single broke the latter’s radio AI record, the tour did underperform compared to the Circus tour, but it still held up a respectable amount, it wasn’t some colossal failure.

15 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

How did it underperform when it still debuted at #1, the lead single broke the first week digital sales record and debuted at #1, the second and third singles were Top 5 and a Top 10 with great longevity, each single broke the latter’s radio AI record, the tour did underperform compared to the Circus tour, but it still held up a respectable amount, it wasn’t some colossal failure.

Yeah the first single debuted at number 1 and tumbled out of the charts fast,the song didn't hold that record(digital sales) for long cuz it was dethroned fast. TTWE was a hit but it's forgotten now, IWG was a hit in US only.

Album sales was a huge drop compared to her previous album. It took around 10 weeks for FF to sold as much as her previous album did in first week in US. Also her previous album outsold FFs total worldwide sales in one month.

FF was a huge drop in every way. Album is a flop,not a massive flop but a flop:imok:

31 minutes ago, Sidney Prescott's mother said:

Yeah the first single debuted at number 1 and tumbled out of the charts fast,the song didn't hold that record(digital sales) for long cuz it was dethroned fast. TTWE was a hit but it's forgotten now, IWG was a hit in US only.

Album sales was a huge drop compared to her previous album. It took around 10 weeks for FF to sold as much as her previous album did in first week in US. Also her previous album outsold FFs total worldwide sales in one month.

FF was a huge drop in every way. Album is a flop,not a massive flop but a flop:imok:

Femme Fatale still had factors and accolades that cemented accomplishments for her success wise, I fail to see it as a flop just because it didn’t sell as much as Circus. By your logic, Britney was a flop because it didn’t score the same amount of hits and sales as Oops and Baby did. When it was huge worldwide and outsold / outdid a lot of other popular eras at the time ala Avril and Christina worldwide. Femme Fatale had it’s run in the US. It was local, but still successful. :howiroll:

15 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Femme Fatale still had factors and accolades that cemented accomplishments for her success wise, I fail to see it as a flop just because it didn’t sell as much as Circus. By your logic, Britney was a flop because it didn’t score the same amount of hits and sales as Oops and Baby did. When it was huge worldwide and outsold / outdid a lot of other popular eras at the time ala Avril and Christina worldwide. Femme Fatale had it’s run in the US. It was local, but still successful. :howiroll:

No, it was a HUGE drop compared to her previous release,thats how you measure flopage.She did really bad compared to other pop girls in 2011.

Just now, Sidney Prescott's mother said:

No, it was a HUGE drop compared to her previous release,thats how you measure flopage.She did really bad compared to other pop girls in 2011.

Ok, Britney was also a huge drop to both of her previous releases. Like a 50% drop. Britney herself even alluded to this when she was dragging Avril. We can agree to disagree, but this clearly wasn’t a flop like you’re making it out to be. Trying to compre Britney’s 7th album to Katy, Kesha and company’s peak lead / sophomore efforts also isn’t the tea. When you compare her to Beyonce (her actual peer), they both cancel each other out. Beyonce shifted more album units, Britney more singles.

13 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Ok, Britney was also a huge drop to both of her previous releases. Like a 50% drop. Britney herself even alluded to this when she was dragging Avril. We can agree to disagree, but this clearly wasn’t a flop like you’re making it out to be. Trying to compre Britney’s 7th album to Katy, Kesha and company’s peak lead / sophomore efforts also isn’t the tea. When you compare her to Beyonce (her actual peer), they both cancel each other out. Beyonce shifted more album units, Britney more singles.

Yes "Britney" was huge drop and when you look at article's back then people were calling her flop. And no I'm not overdoing anything, I even said it was a flop but not a massive one. Beyonce released album in 2011 and it leaked weeks before its release stil sold more,or Pinks album next year or JT in 2013.

Imagine Beyonce's next album needing 10 weeks to outsold Lemonades first week. Would that be a flop?yes it would.

I don't even care if Britney flops or not but FF is a flop.

3 minutes ago, Sidney Prescott's mother said:

Yes "Britney" was huge drop and when you look at article's back then people were calling her flop. And no I'm not overdoing anything, I even said it was a flop but not a massive one. Beyonce released album in 2011 and it leaked weeks before its release stil sold more,or Pinks album next year or JT in 2013.

Imagine Beyonce's next album needing 10 weeks to outsold Lemonades first week. Would that be a flop?yes it would.

I don't even care if Britney flops or not but FF is a flop.

Um, Lemonade hasn't even outsold Beyoncé yet and that album received twice as much hype and publicity as the former had.

http://chartmasters.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/CSPC-BeyonceTotals.png

And no, it wouldn't be a flop if she still debuts with respectable numbers and keeps her tour game up the way Formation outgrossed both On The Run and Mrs. Carter.

Call it whatever you want, but it's not convincing me.

7 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Um, Lemonade hasn't even outsold Beyoncé yet and that album received twice as much hype and publicity as the former had.

http://chartmasters.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/CSPC-BeyonceTotals.png

And no, it wouldn't be a flop if she still debuts with respectable numbers and keeps her tour game up the way Formation outgrossed both On The Run and Mrs. Carter.

Call it whatever you want, but it's not convincing me.

It's not even about Beyonce or her being flop or not or her tours I was just trying to compare or whatever. If Beyonce's next album for example sell as much as Lemonade did in  2 and a half weeks(in US) it's a flop. Britney's tour was **** and flop and Circus sold more in US in two and a half weeks than FF did to this day.

5 minutes ago, Sidney Prescott's mother said:

It's not even about Beyonce or her being flop or not or her tours I was just trying to compare or whatever. If Beyonce's next album for example sell as much as Lemonade did in  2 and a half weeks(in US) it's a flop. Britney's tour was **** and flop and Circus sold more in US in two and a half weeks than FF did to this day.

Your comparisons are off. By your logic, everyone is automatically deemed a flop after their peak eras regardless of their career trajectory or other factors that aren't album sales, which is not the case at all.

9 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Your comparisons are off. By your logic, everyone is automatically deemed a flop after their peak eras regardless of their career trajectory or other factors that aren't album sales, which is not the case at all.

No they are not. We are repeating ourselves and our arguments at this point. I gave arguments to why I think FF is flop you gave yours why you think they are not. Let's not discuss this any further.

Archived