Iggy Azalea Confirms Selena Gomez Collab "Girl Crush" Exists

Jordan Miller

• Leader

There's good news and bad news.

Collab of the century.

UPDATE // MARCH 19, 2018:

The good news? Iggy Azalea and Selena Gomez did in fact record a song together called "Girl Crush."

The bad? We'll never get a chance to hear it.

During her appearance on Watch What Happens Live on Sunday, a fan asked Iggy whether the rumors were true or not.

She confirmed the song does exist, but that if it was going to get officially released it would have by now. Where my music pirates at?

Watch Iggy explain, then brush up on the original report, below:

[adinserter block="1"]

EARLIER // DECEMBER 6, 2017:

Iggy Azalea and Selena Gomez have a song together(!!!). It's titled "Girl Crush," and was reportedly created in 2014.

How do I know this? 15-seconds of it leaked onto the Internet this week. Unfortunately, I cannot point you in the right direction to listen because of copyright, but a quick search on Twitter should pull it up (for now).

“I’m 24 getting money 23 ways,” Azalea raps over a ‘90s house-inspired beat. Gomez croon-whispers: “captured my attention from the moment we met. I knew it’d be a night that we’d never forget.” Grammy!!!

Look, I know it's not groundbreaking stuff, but the fact that Iggy and Selena participated on a track together then decided it was better left on the cutting room floor is pretty crazy. It just goes to show all-star collaborations take place behind-the-scenes and we're none the wiser.

It's also another bummer for Iggy. The Australian rap queen has had a seriously difficult time releasing music in recent years. Fortunately, she appears to be back on track. Iggs announced her new album, Surviving The Summer, should be out in 2018. It definitely won't include "Girl Crush," but maybe the two can reunite for another tune. Cause from what I could make of the track, it's a bop.

Thoughts on Selena and Iggy collaborating? Let us know in our NEW comments system below.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook and Twitter & Instagram.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, breatheheavy said:

“Captured my attention from the moment we met. I knew it’d be a night that we’d never forget.”

iggy-azalea-selena-gomez-girl-crush.jpg

Collab of the century.

Iggy Azalea and Selena Gomez have a song together(!!!). It's titled "Girl Crush," and was reportedly created in 2014.

How do I know this? 15-seconds of it leaked onto the Internet this week. Unfortunately, I cannot point you in the right direction to listen because of copyright, but a quick search on Twitter should pull it up (for now).

“I’m 24 getting money 23 ways,” Azalea raps over a ‘90s house-inspired beat. Gomez croon-whispers: “captured my attention from the moment we met. I knew it’d be a night that we’d never forget.” Grammy!!!

Look, I know it's not groundbreaking stuff, but the fact that Iggy and Selena participated on a track together then decided it was better left on the cutting room floor is pretty crazy. It just goes to show all-star collaborations take place behind-the-scenes and we're none the wiser.

It's also another bummer for Iggy. The Australian rap queen has had a seriously difficult time releasing music in recent years. Fortunately, she appears to be back on track. Iggs announced her new album, Surviving The Summer, should be out in 2018. It definitely won't include "Girl Crush," but maybe the two can reunite for another tune. Cause from what I could make of the track, it's a bop.

Thoughts on Selena and Iggy collaborating? Let us know in our NEW comments system below.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook and Twitter & Instagram.

One can't sing and one can't rap

Artistic poetry 

Archived