If Britney came out with a reason to why she is currently the way she is

Nando.

She said "this is the hardest I've ever danced", but we have receipts to show that's simply not true. She said "I do sing live, and I don't get credit for it", when every single POM show has been 100% lipsyncing to album vocals (okay, except for that one show, where she apparently sang ONE song that wasn't even hers). She says she's giving her best, but we have videos of her not even moving her lips when she's not facing the audience, or behind a prop.

I mean, her audience has the right to judge her act when they're paying to see it, or giving it publicity. 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, HairFlipQueen said:

I might be wrong but I'm sure I've read on here that conservators cannot force you to work. And that she can appeal the conservatorship but chooses not to.

Perfumes would be enough, what about people in conservatorships that aren't world famous pop stars? They don't need to rake in millions, it's relative surely.

She doesn't have legal custody of her kids. They have her over a barrel. :usher:

I don't think she'd be in a conservatorship if she wasn't a world famous pop star. They're meant for people like my mom, who has Alzheimer's and can't figure out how to use toilet paper, let alone manage her money.

3 hours ago, danny1994 said:

Well I’m not necessarily saying I blame her. It’s unfortunate, but I’d probably get lazy too if I could get away with it. 

Well I did also point out that a new Vegas show (hopefully after a lengthy break and doing other activities) would require her to develop an entirely new show which is a very good thing.  It could inspire her to sing certain songs live or apply more impressive choreography.  Or perhaps she follows Celine's lead and does summer shows.

But certainly as far as Britney goes, as long as she's fit, she could do these shows for a while, especially since she's a venerable figure in Vegas, and obviously just  keep adding to her wealth.

3 hours ago, zxcvb said:

An underrated aspect of her conservatorship is that it safeguards her fortune, you can't drain her money from the conservatorship when her assets/purchases from it are tracked by the courts.  This is in addition to the number of trusts she has outside of her conservatorship.  Why do you think she could change her will that starts giving her sons some of her fortune at 18?

That's the one thing I've always liked about the financial conservatorship -- that it's clear and transparent and documented in the court papers. They're not stealing her fortune, as much as some fans would like to believe.

That being said, I'm not sure I can say the same about the personal conservatorship. Would it exist if there wasn't a multi-million dollar brand to protect?

They're all making large sums of money each year by having Britney continue working at the pace she does. And I'm sure she knows this. To me, that explains a lot about her lack of passion...But who knows? Until she's able to talk feely about it, we're all just guessing.

41 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

She doesn't have legal custody of her kids. They have her over a barrel. :usher:

I don't think she'd be in a conservatorship if she wasn't a world famous pop star. They're meant for people like my mom, who has Alzheimer's and can't figure out how to use toilet paper, let alone manage her money.

Do you think they're using that against her? As in if she tries to rebel they'll stop her seeing them?

I have two answers. Let me get my actual answer out of the way since the other answer might be a bit bizarre and possibly long winded (?). I can't stress enough I'm here for albums and perfumes. And this is somebody that's been a fan since the BOMT days. If Britney does anything else that I like, well, I consider that to be a bonus. I know what I want and what I want to avoid. I've said on other threads that I'd never go to a Britney concert, buy a meet and greet because I know what to expect. I can't see paying that much for lip syncing and the chance of having a picture that might turn out to be something that I hate myself for paying for it instead of flushing the money down the toilet. Even if I had money coming out of my ears, it's still going to be a no.

I understand why fans are upset. I look at POM where it was promised to be live singing and it really wasn't. I'm about to reference something a bit off the wall. Maybe some people will guess where I'm going with this. Maybe some people didn't keep track of the news that had been happening to the late David Cassidy over this year. Let me see if I can do cliff notes. So the beginning of the year had David being in the news because of how he was acting during some of his performances. People were saying he was drunk, he had fallen off the wagon again, etc. Perhaps he was, he was one of those people that had a lot of rough patches in his life. Anyway, that hit the press and he had to come forward with his Dementia diagnosis. It sounds to me like the poor guy knew what was coming. Knew it was happening when he had trouble remembering the lyrics to songs he'd sung for decades. So he came forward with his Dementia diagnosis,  he did a concert finale and gave up performing.

I found a video of a song that compares how David sounded in the 70s versus how he looked and sounded in this concert farewell. Yeah, a part of me says it's hard to watch because he's in such poor health. But the part that struck me the most is how happy he looks performing. He has this spark, you can easily see him coming alive because he's performing. This was a man with Dementia and he's still trying to sing as much as he can live. That blows me away because this could've been somebody that could've easily said that it was time to start using playback and lipsyncing to the most recent/best audio he could use. And he didn't do that. 

I'll be the first to eat my words if an explanation comes out that's worse than David's Dementia explanation. I just don't see how an explanation could fit why somebody is promised to be singing live and they don't. If there's something really bad going on, why is she still doing all of this instead of hanging it  up and going away? So yeah, that's my flip answer.

Here's the David audio/video I referenced. Start of the clip is the original song and 2:43 is start of the concert footage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQhjTvFPv-8

I think she actually began to be more aware and pay attention to what people say about her, which seemed to start effecting her after 2007. I feel like prior to that, she was just herself and didn't care what the media or anything had to really say, she was enjoying her life and allowing herself to be inspired by things around her. Now that she pays attention to how she's perceived and everything, she's more cautious and tries to play it safe all the time. For example, she's no longer challenging herself with more challenging choreo, she would rather ask the choreographer to water it down instead of trying to attempt to learn it, feeling like she'll mess it up in an performance. Her team now pre-screens questions that are going to be asked in interviews so that she prepares her answers to avoid saying something stupid that will be replayed in every media outlet. 

Or... similar to all of that above, she's still under the conservatorship so her team is more cautious about her image. Therefore, she's unfortunately living a very predictable life and there's not much more excitement, as she stated in "For The Record." 

I think it's just her personality. She tried, AND LIVED fame from 1999 to 2004. And maybe she didn't like it all!

She may like half of it, but half of it she hates, like the lack of privacy. 

I think some people (no shade) way over complicated the reason (s) why she is the way she is now.

I think she's a private person (just a guess, not a verified fact) and by the end of the In The Zone era, she figured that out. It's not even

because she hates anybody, she just likes her independence and privacy. So it's possible it's just that Britney and extreme fame aren't the best of friends. 

Just pure speculation, though.

12 hours ago, glitterfalls said:

I have two answers. Let me get my actual answer out of the way since the other answer might be a bit bizarre and possibly long winded (?). I can't stress enough I'm here for albums and perfumes. And this is somebody that's been a fan since the BOMT days. If Britney does anything else that I like, well, I consider that to be a bonus. I know what I want and what I want to avoid. I've said on other threads that I'd never go to a Britney concert, buy a meet and greet because I know what to expect. I can't see paying that much for lip syncing and the chance of having a picture that might turn out to be something that I hate myself for paying for it instead of flushing the money down the toilet. Even if I had money coming out of my ears, it's still going to be a no.

I understand why fans are upset. I look at POM where it was promised to be live singing and it really wasn't. I'm about to reference something a bit off the wall. Maybe some people will guess where I'm going with this. Maybe some people didn't keep track of the news that had been happening to the late David Cassidy over this year. Let me see if I can do cliff notes. So the beginning of the year had David being in the news because of how he was acting during some of his performances. People were saying he was drunk, he had fallen off the wagon again, etc. Perhaps he was, he was one of those people that had a lot of rough patches in his life. Anyway, that hit the press and he had to come forward with his Dementia diagnosis. It sounds to me like the poor guy knew what was coming. Knew it was happening when he had trouble remembering the lyrics to songs he'd sung for decades. So he came forward with his Dementia diagnosis,  he did a concert finale and gave up performing.

I found a video of a song that compares how David sounded in the 70s versus how he looked and sounded in this concert farewell. Yeah, a part of me says it's hard to watch because he's in such poor health. But the part that struck me the most is how happy he looks performing. He has this spark, you can easily see him coming alive because he's performing. This was a man with Dementia and he's still trying to sing as much as he can live. That blows me away because this could've been somebody that could've easily said that it was time to start using playback and lipsyncing to the most recent/best audio he could use. And he didn't do that. 

I'll be the first to eat my words if an explanation comes out that's worse than David's Dementia explanation. I just don't see how an explanation could fit why somebody is promised to be singing live and they don't. If there's something really bad going on, why is she still doing all of this instead of hanging it  up and going away? So yeah, that's my flip answer.

Here's the David audio/video I referenced. Start of the clip is the original song and 2:43 is start of the concert footage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQhjTvFPv-8

Anyone on this board who is Canadian will be able to identify with your post.

Gord Downie of The Tragically Hip was diagnosed with brain cancer, and the band went on one final tour before he passed away. Gord's surgery to remove a tumour meant his memory was so bad that he had six teleprompters around the stage displaying lyrics that he'd written himself and could no longer remember.

But for Gord, and for almost every Canadian, that last tour was worth every sweet moment.

16 hours ago, HairFlipQueen said:

Do you think they're using that against her? As in if she tries to rebel they'll stop her seeing them?

Short answer: yes.

Long answer: If she tries to rebel we get a Femme Fatale type of era, where she's clearly not "herself." Going back not long before Femme Fatale, something occurred that may have set off the entire debate over "what happened to her in 2010-2011." Do you recall Britney attempting to spring herself from the conservatorship by accepting a cell phone from Sam Lutfi's sister Christina? And the resulting phone call that Britney made with it?

“[Britney] told me she wanted to get a hold of Sam,” said Christina, 25, whose brother had once been Spears’s manager. “She wanted him to help her find a lawyer, and wanted someone to get a prepaid cell phone to her. She was scared because her father was blackmailing her with visitation rights over her kids.”

Article: http://people.com/celebrity/is-britney-spears-trying-to-end-her-fathers-control/

And here is the phone call that Britney allegedly made using the cell phone:

Fans claim that it isn't Britney's voice on the message. However, lawyer Jon Eardley, whose answering machine this message was left on, was issued a restraining order to stay away from her after this incident. That, along with all the rest of the court testimony that resulted from this incident, tells me that this message is authentic.

The point being...I don't think it's accurate to say that Britney has never tried to spring herself from the conservatorship. She most certainly has, and it didn't end well for her. So why would she try again? Especially if the only way she has access to her boys is if she falls in line and cooperates.

That being said...There is no way for Britney to obtain legal custody of her boys until she obtains legal custody of herself. And maybe that's the problem? It's a bit of a vicious circle, especially if the personal conservatorship actually is justified from a medical standpoint.

It's something we'll never really have a clear answer to unless Britney decides to speak openly about it herself.

On 06/12/2017 at 3:31 PM, The Greatest Show said:

How bad can your anxiety be when you feel comfortable walking and dancing in underwear in front of thousands of people?? When you have the guts to lipsync to CD vocals in front of thousands of people?? Honestly that takes guts because she knows we know.. she could easily have used pre recorded vocals and fool most people in the audience. And then when she does sing she does it confidently. Youd think that someone with debilitating anxiety would be scared of not looking or sounding bad and would be what she used to be... a perfectionist. Youd think that she would at all times have someone make sure she looks perfect so that nobody could critisize her. Youd think that someone with anxiety that bad would make sure every single moment of the show was choreographed so that she doesnt have those moments where she doestn know what to do with her hands.... weird its almost as if Exhale is overreacting, like always.

giphy.gif

She was a perfectionist though in her early career and always had to live a perfect life, look and act perfect, literally people applying make up to her as she slept. I think she is now over all the glam and looking perfect (clearly...) This does not excuse her lack of live singing and half assed dancing though. Now that she is showing more of her love vocals I'm holding out for a complete 360 in her career for B10, if it does not happen and we yet again get a mess, then I know I'm done.  100%.

On 12/7/2017 at 3:30 PM, Steel Magnolia said:

Short answer: yes.

Long answer: If she tries to rebel we get a Femme Fatale type of era, where she's clearly not "herself." Going back not long before Femme Fatale, something occurred that may have set off the entire debate over "what happened to her in 2010-2011." Do you recall Britney attempting to spring herself from the conservatorship by accepting a cell phone from Sam Lutfi's sister Christina? And the resulting phone call that Britney made with it?

“[Britney] told me she wanted to get a hold of Sam,” said Christina, 25, whose brother had once been Spears’s manager. “She wanted him to help her find a lawyer, and wanted someone to get a prepaid cell phone to her. She was scared because her father was blackmailing her with visitation rights over her kids.”

Article: http://people.com/celebrity/is-britney-spears-trying-to-end-her-fathers-control/

And here is the phone call that Britney allegedly made using the cell phone:

Fans claim that it isn't Britney's voice on the message. However, lawyer Jon Eardley, whose answering machine this message was left on, was issued a restraining order to stay away from her after this incident. That, along with all the rest of the court testimony that resulted from this incident, tells me that this message is authentic.

The point being...I don't think it's accurate to say that Britney has never tried to spring herself from the conservatorship. She most certainly has, and it didn't end well for her. So why would she try again? Especially if the only way she has access to her boys is if she falls in line and cooperates.

That being said...There is no way for Britney to obtain legal custody of her boys until she obtains legal custody of herself. And maybe that's the problem? It's a bit of a vicious circle, especially if the personal conservatorship actually is justified from a medical standpoint.

It's something we'll never really have a clear answer to unless Britney decides to speak openly about it herself.

Sorry I've only just seen this. Oh wow, wasn't aware of that phone call, however I really don't think that is Britney, it just doesn't sound enough like her.

I do agree it's a very odd situation she's in and ultimately, as I've said on this thread, a lot of things are pure speculation and we just don't know whats really going on in her life so as you say unless she decides to speak openly about it, we haven't got a clue.

15 minutes ago, HairFlipQueen said:

Sorry I've only just seen this. Oh wow, wasn't aware of that phone call, however I really don't think that is Britney, it just doesn't sound enough like her.

I do agree it's a very odd situation she's in and ultimately, as I've said on this thread, a lot of things are pure speculation and we just don't know whats really going on in her life so as you say unless she decides to speak openly about it, we haven't got a clue.

@breatheheavy could probably speak to whether or not that phone call was real. I believe he was working with JFX at the time.

Either way, it is a very odd situation she's in. I really flip flop back and forth over it. It's really hard to know what's really going on without being on the inside.

On 6/12/2017 at 9:06 AM, HairFlipQueen said:

I might be wrong but I'm sure I've read on here that conservators cannot force you to work. And that she can appeal the conservatorship but chooses not to.

Perfumes would be enough, what about people in conservatorships that aren't world famous pop stars? They don't need to rake in millions, it's relative surely.

She can't hire a lawyer ,How can she defend herself ?

2 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

@breatheheavy could probably speak to whether or not that phone call was real. I believe he was working with JFX at the time.

Either way, it is a very odd situation she's in. I really flip flop back and forth over it. It's really hard to know what's really going on without being on the inside.

I don't believe it's real but IF it is then that would put an incredibly sinister take on things. She seems very happy though now, she seems content whereas in times before she most definitely didn't.

On 6/12/2017 at 10:24 AM, zxcvb said:

An underrated aspect of her conservatorship is that it safeguards her fortune, you can't drain her money from the conservatorship when her assets/purchases from it are tracked by the courts.  This is in addition to the number of trusts she has outside of her conservatorship.  Why do you think she could change her will that starts giving her sons some of her fortune at 18?

If you read the papers of the court you will realize that the majority of the money goes to the 5 or 6 lawyers in charge of the finances of britney, if this conservatorship continues the fortune of britney will disappear in the pockets of those lawyers.

Britney can not make decisions about her finances, less will she make decisions about her children's fortune.
Britney's dad probably along with the conservatorship team of lawyers took that decision

Archived