If Britney came out with a reason to why she is currently the way she is

Nando.

And that reason explained everything from her dancing to live vocals to everything, would we stop complaining?

well guess what, she did

'I turn into this different person, seriously, bipolar disorder': Britney Spears opens up about suffering from social anxiety in her new documentary I Am Britney Jean

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2528229/Britney-Spears-opens-suffering-social-anxiety-new-documentary-I-Am-Britney-Jean-megastar.html

We all know she had baby blues after having sean and we all know what happened in her life. We keep getting the answers we are looking for in interviews, in songs, but we don’t listen. We think there’s always a secret, that Britney is this magical creature that hides the truth from us. Same thing happened when she said she shaved her head because she just went for it and its something everyone does all the time. Why do we keep wanting for her to say something incredible? Because she was once a tour de force *** person? She was young. For christ sake. We keep watching her slaying 2001 slave choreo but we dont do the same thing with ourselves do we? Where were you in 2001? How was your hair and body? How was your youth? Its 16 years back. SIXTEEN. Picture yourself back 16 years and imagine someone going in your facebook now and saying that you miss that youth sparkle. And dont come at me saying JLo is older and can do it better, JLo was already 31 when she released her first album did you know that? She wasnt as young as Britney to literally grow up in front of the whole world.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Britneylandia said:

She was joking when she said that in the documentary :quirkney:

She actually wasnt. Thats how she is, shes light and fun, she doesnt want pity, like I said she always says the right things in the wrong light or timing and fans say she was joking. Just because she wasnt seated on a diane sawyer chair we went through that statement like, ok. She talked about it, and we deemed a joke.

1 minute ago, Nando. said:

She actually wasnt. Thats how she is, shes light and fun, she doesnt want pity, like I said she always says the right things in the wrong light or timing and fans say she was joking. Just because she wasnt seated on a diane sawyer chair we went through that statement like, ok. She talked about it, and we deemed a joke.

she was literally giggeling and playing it off as a joke. Sure she might be bipolar but that doesnt give her the right to lie to her fans over and over, half *** the tiny bit of work she has to do and complain about not getting enough recognition when she hasnt done anything worth getting recognition since 2008.

i had social anxiety, but on her scale I would probably shutdown lmao. but idk. i do believe the reason is cuz she's brainwashed by her team and the world overall. she thinks that is wrong for her to fightback for herself, her independence, her own power. so she can't have the confidence or strength to be secure enough overall. her team won't let her either way, many economic interests so... at this point i think she only cares about her kids and that's it.

I don't buy this whole argument. So you're basically saying that mental illness is the reason for all of the things fans are unhappy about?

So her not singing on her own album = Anxiety

Her lying about 'always singing live' =Depression

Miming at every TV & awards show appearance for years, even if her featured artist is singing live = Bipolar

Her cutting loads of the more complicated choreo and half assing it = Erm..OCD? Or her knee of course.

I think it's a cop out and it doesn't explain how if she's too anxious to sing live, she suddenly became able to after her ego was bruised by the media daring to ask her about her obvious lipsynching! I've never known any other artist do the bare minimum and have so many excuses made for them!

How bad can your anxiety be when you feel comfortable walking and dancing in underwear in front of thousands of people?? When you have the guts to lipsync to CD vocals in front of thousands of people?? Honestly that takes guts because she knows we know.. she could easily have used pre recorded vocals and fool most people in the audience. And then when she does sing she does it confidently. Youd think that someone with debilitating anxiety would be scared of not looking or sounding bad and would be what she used to be... a perfectionist. Youd think that she would at all times have someone make sure she looks perfect so that nobody could critisize her. Youd think that someone with anxiety that bad would make sure every single moment of the show was choreographed so that she doesnt have those moments where she doestn know what to do with her hands.... weird its almost as if Exhale is overreacting, like always.

giphy.gif

7 minutes ago, MindExplorer said:

It's almost as if you know **** about mental illness

You all sound as if anxiety means not being able to step outside your house, are you even serious, do you read the **** you post?

You'd have to be absolutely blind to not recognize that she was/is mentally ill. And for your info, in chronic cases it never goes away, you could be doing relatively fine (for someone who's ill) and then have a full-blown relapse. I know it's difficult to comprehend after seeing people like Katy Perry, Halsey or Selena etc unwittingly undermining mental illness with their mild iterations.

I never denied that she is mentally ill. Im saying that people here constantly pretend to know details of her life and act like what they think its a fact when in reality we all dont know ****.. And this constant "Well that was awfull, lets find an excuse for it" is getting old.

for me it's pretty clear

she's doing something she likes to do, living her life with money - which she likes.

after the breakdown she realized what meant to be a big big big superstar. she could have been easily listed by Gaga in her doc when she's going on about people who died cause of the fame... but she didn't die. yeah, she didn't die. but this was just cause she was lucky, cause God knows how close it got from that.

and then she saw how a life of MEDIUM amount of fame, MEDIUM amount of headlines, MEDIUM amount of success, MEDIUM amount of fans was. and it was much better. she is getting a lot of money without being in the spotlight, judged and etc

for me it was a very cold decision, where she definitely never ever wants to be what she was.

we heard many times her saying that the 30s are much better than the 20s, and guess what the big difference for her? fame.

when she was exceptional she was BRITNEY SPEARS and she didn't have a proper life.

now she's average and she has everything she wants

why change? 

why be a better version of herself if that means going back to how it was and maybe even having another breakdown?

imo it's simple as that.

:mattafact:

18 minutes ago, MindExplorer said:

It's almost as if you know **** about mental illness

You all sound as if anxiety means not being able to step outside your house, are you even serious, do you read the **** you post?

You'd have to be absolutely blind to not recognize that she was/is mentally ill. And for your info, in chronic cases it never goes away, you could be doing relatively fine (for someone who's ill) and then have a full-blown relapse. I know it's difficult to comprehend after seeing people like Katy Perry, Halsey or Selena etc unwittingly undermining mental illness with their mild iterations.

No of course not, anxiety is not one thing and it's affects every person individually. Mental illness should NEVER be undermined, I feel very strongly about that. I just don't believe Britney's choices in her career are because of whatever mental health problems she may have.

3 minutes ago, MindExplorer said:

But the point is you can't really separate it (her choices from her illness), especially when it comes to serious conditions where every aspect of your life gets affected by your illness in one way or another. It's basically modifying your personality.

So what I'm trying to say is, there's no point in complaining because she will never get better anyway.

I do see what you're saying - yes when mental illness is present it does 'become us' and is there in all the choices we make etc. So yes I guess that is one possibility, that all of the things she's done are purely because of her anxiety or bipolar if she has that. 

Another possibility is that it's because she's living in a bubble where everything is done for her, taken care of and looked after and she feels entitled to perform below standard because she's Britney ****** Spears and has 'earned' that right, or 'has nothing to prove'... Except for if she wants to make a statement like with the STTA live performance. But generally she can take it easy because she knows fans will make allowances for her and still pay thousands just to breathe the same air as her.

Or I suppose it could be a combination of that, or neither of those things! We'll never know for sure unless she actually address, with pure honesty, the things she's done such as not singing a note live but pretending that she does. Until then it's pure speculation, so of course I'm not stating anything as fact but it's just my opinion and I know I'm not alone in thinking the way I do.

Archived