Can Someone Explain Why...

Godney'sSweetCheeks

Work ***** audio (2013) - has 14 million views on Vevo. 

But Make Me audio (2016) - has a massive 28 million views...

It's almost as if people were happy to watch the Work ***** music video over the audio (WB music vid has a decent 267 million views) but they didn't watch the Make Me music video (stuck on 57 million views.)

How strange. Maybe Britney can explain it...? :umsaywhat:

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Make Me’s video sucks and the audio’s preview picture (the desert photo) looks better and more inviting than the Make Me video picture aka Glory’s bland, dust-toned ugly cover.

Work ***** was a great music video. Even Pretty Girls video has 160m views lmao

Poor Make Me :boredashell:

Even PG had the cheesy and dorky appeal 

People were watching back then even if it was to drag Britney and to compare to the Beyonce and nicki Remix. 

Make Me didn't stand out at all, even fans were watching to complain. 

20 minutes ago, Arya said:

Even PG had the cheesy and dorky appeal 

People were watching back then even if it was to drag Britney and to compare to the Beyonce and nicki Remix. 

Make Me didn't stand out at all, even fans were watching to complain. 

The thing with MM is that it is not utterly bad. It's just not good, but it's not as bad that you can laugh at it. PG had a lot of potential to be parodied, and people could criticize and complain about a lot of things, from the looks, to the acting, the lyrics, etc.

MM is just, bad, boring, but she looks great so one can't make fun of her looks, there is this scene when she dances with the short guy, but I think people already stopped watching the video before that scene happens. The definition of an unappealing video. And as everybody has pointed out, the thumbnail is not attractive at all, whereas the audio looks so much more promising.  

8 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

The thing with MM is that it is not utterly bad. It's just not good, but it's not as bad that you can laugh at it. PG had a lot of potential to be parodied, and people could criticize and complain about a lot of things, from the looks, to the acting, the lyrics, etc.

MM is just, bad, boring, but she looks great so one can't make fun of her looks, there is this scene when she dances with the short guy, but I think people already stopped watching the video before that scene happens. The definition of an unappealing video. And as everybody has pointed out, the thumbnail is not attractive at all, whereas the audio looks so much more promising.  

I hope you are talking about the video because the song is great :ineedthetruth:

Yeah the released video is crap but the original was not much better. From what we saw it looked like a tacky mess. I'm still curious about the bulldozer scene that we never got to see, where she calls LaChapelle "******* *******".

20 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

IA 

The only kinda viral thing I saw about MM was this lol 

40 minutes ago, Daxx said:

I hope you are talking about the video because the song is great :ineedthetruth:

Yeah the released video is crap but the original was not much better. From what we saw it looked like a tacky mess. I'm still curious about the bulldozer scene that we never got to see, where she calls LaChapelle "******* *******".

Yes, I'm talking about the video. :P

Whoever stumbled upon that video, they probably were like "oh, the song is kinda cool, bye" and never ever watched the clip again, because it doesn't have anything appealing. Not even the "hot guys", I find those scenes more embarrassing than ****. It was nothing out of this world. Pretty Girls was mostly bad, but it was laughable, because of the Matilda's  mom look, the bad acting, Iggy Azalea, the nature of the song itself, so people would share and watch it and replay it even if it was just to make fun of it. It became her fastest certified video, but its views stopped increasing eventually. It is also her most disliked video if I'm not mistaken :giggleney:

I agree most people would've found out the original MM video, very tacky and unrelated to the song, but it had the potential to get parodied: the pole dancers, the red bodypaint, the bulldozer, it wasn't anything out of this world either, but it was closer to the "controversial" side.

Slumber Party for example, is an awesome video, but the song isn't that spectacular. And the video itself isn't outstanding either, it's just great, but there's nothing that makes a non fan say, "oh I'm gonna watch it again" or "I'm gonna share it". 

Archived