CONFESSION: I STILL DONT GET...

BritintheZone

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Body ache said:

I still cringe at people who think this song is about some girl named Amy. :gross:

I used to think that too. Then again, I was a teenager...

U      C     K     ME

To the OP, I think the F is the confusing part because she says IF. Everything else is pronounced more clearly YOU SEE(K A)(MY)

8 hours ago, Mohd93 said:

Remember when this bish Megyn Kelly was starting so much drama over this song? :tiffcackle:

Yep, I remember. :hahaha: Like any child was going to notice what she was actually singing about. Case in point: All the teens who find out what it means when they're much older and are shocked by it.

But she did give us the news reporter in the MV for it, so hey. 

3 hours ago, BritintheZone said:

UPDATE:

am listening to it more and its really good

but 

thinking more about it the verses dont make sense if she is saying “**** me”

For me it's like, say whatever you want about me, love me or hate me, but the truth is that everybody wants to **** me, so much they're begging. I think it's kinda like a Piece of Me attitude, but 1000x cockier. The rest of the song where she asks if someone has seen Amy, I think it's just to fool around with the title of the song. It seems like the whole song was written around the main joke, just to have some verses, which I think it's very clever.

At the end the song is really good despite the lack of sense the lyrics may have, that's why I always say the lyrics aren't that important to me as long as the song is overall good. Max Martin is the best :lemmetellu:

Speaking of Piece of Me, when it first came out I didn't think she was talking about people literally wanting a piece of her, I thought it was a double meaning too, for "piss me off" / "piss off me", like "You wanna piss off me" until I figured out that wasn't gramatically correct, although most of her songs usually rely on artistic licenses. 

Archived